AAA College of Engineering Admission 2018
Established Year: 2013
AAA College of Engineering and Technology, Sivakasi is one among the renowned colleges for technical education in the Crackers City. It is branded for its quality education, promoted by Sony-Vinayaga group of Industries. Aspire, Attain, Achieve is its logo. The college is managed by Panjurajan- Amaravathy Trust located at Thiruthangal, Virudhunagar District. Our college has been fortunate to have the guidance of proficient management members with foresight and far reaching vision to inculcate innovation and completeness among students in all aspects. Shri.P. Panjurajan, Dr. P. Karvannan and Dr.P. Ganesan serve as the Chairman, Secretary and Correspondent of the college respectively. Er. K. Vignesh Kumar, BE., MBA(UK) is the Joint Secretary.
Dr. K. Arulmozhi, Principal is instrumental in the planned growth of the institution from its budding onwards.
- The College campus is Eco-friendly covering a wide area of 43 acres.
- The entire campus is enrolled with Wi-Fi Connectivity with 10 Mbps speed.
- With the Cloud computing campus, AAA empowers the student to self-learn at his/her own pace wherever and whenever through easily access educational services.
- All the faculties are experienced and expertised in their fields.
- All the lecture halls are spacious and air-conditioned.
- The State of Art Laboratories favors the promoting progress of the students for better updation.
- The English Language laboratory with ORELL Digital Language Laboratory software focusing LSRW skills gives way to the students for their efficient communication.
- Learning Management Systems are provided for E-Learning education courses and training programs that are augmented both to online courses and on-campus courses.
- To have universal access, a digital library facility is setup and the students are having free access of E-Journal and E-Books.
AAA Library is one of the best equipped in terms of the number of books, back volumes and current journals subscribed. It supports the institute’s program of study and research. Institute Archives offer access to a wide range of materials, both printed and electronic.
As on date, the vital statistics are:
- of Books: 10000
- Of Journals: 250
The library has a good collection of CD-ROM’s and Digital Library, to which students have free access of E-Journal and E-books. The services of the library are fully automated. The library also seeks to create and manage an environment that supports learning and research, and fosters a sense of community at AAA.
Healthy observation, Situational Tactics, Extra care in a Landscape AAA Hostel. Make yourself feel comfortable at home…The hostel administration is carried on by the Chief Warden with the assistance of Deputy Warden and Wardens. Mess is functioning inside the hostel providing quality and nutritious food both vegetarian and non-vegetarian, South-Indian and North-Indian foods are highlighted in AAA hostel. To entertain the students, hostel is facilitated with theatre-effect TV hall. The furniture in the rooms will give you a cozy effect. To take care of the health of the students, a nurse is available permanently here. AAA hostel comforts the students with homely atmosphere.
- Placement has its impact from first year onwards – highlighting the Industry-Institute Interaction hour, focusing delegates from industries and having an interaction with the students of all the branches in all the days.
- Power back up facilities is there to provide uninterrupted power supply.
- The Canteen facilitates the needs from fast food to all the varieties of cafeteria.
- Separate and spacious hostel facilities for both boys and girls with luxurious air conditioned rooms are available.
- Kitchens are modernized with good hygiene.
- Mineral water plant is installed and water purifiers are kept at appropriate places in the
campus for usage.
- All the data are updated to the parents in a proper way through online.
- The students can get all time in-medical facilities and separate Waiting Halls for both boys and girls are allotted for their convenience during lack of good health.
- The College Bus navigates from five points- Rajapalayam, Sivakasi, Kovilpatti, Aruppukottai and Madurai.
- Apart from academic disciplines, many club activities are initiated for executing students’ talents. Sony- Fest, Innovation Club, NSS, YRC, RRC, Entrepreneurship Cell are meant for the students to have better exposure. Special attention is given to the field of sports.
NAAC Grade: B
B.E., (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Why Join AAA College of Engineering :
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to Anna University.
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Excellent infrastructure
- Good placement record
- Highly Qualified faculties
AAA College of Engineering Fees Structure 2018
An individual’s Personality is an aggregate collection of the decisions they have made throughout their life and the memory of the experiences to which these decisions led. There are inherent natural, genetic, and environmental factors that contribute to the development of our personality. According to process of socialization, “personality also colors our values, beliefs, and expectations. Hereditary factors that contribute to personality development do so as a result of interactions with the particular social
environment in which people live.
Objectives of EDP Cell:
- To attract at least two industry person per month to inculcate the knowledge of Entrepreneurship.
- To invite at least two banking employees to share the sources of starting an industry.
- To have a program with NBFCS in and around Sivakasi.
- To Share the theoretical knowledge from the department of various educational institutions.
This Regulations is applicable to the students admitted to B.E/B.Tech. Programmes at all Engineering Colleges affiliated to Anna University, Chennai (other than Autonomous Colleges) and to all the University Colleges of Engineering of Anna University, Chennai from the academic year 2013-2014. Candidates seeking admission to the first semester of the eight semester B.E. / B.Tech. Degree Programme: Should have passed the Higher Secondary Examinations of (10 +2) Curriculum (Academic Stream) prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as three of the four subjects of study under Part-III or any examination of any other University or authority accepted by the Syndicate of Anna University as equivalent thereto. Should have passed the Higher Secondary Examination of Vocational stream (Vocational groups in Engineering / Technology) as prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
No need to write entrance exam, admission based on the anna university counselling
AAA College of Engineering Entrance Exam
About the Exam:
Anna University will conduct TNEA 2018 counselling for admission to UG engineering programmes at participating universities tentatively in last week of June. Admission to engineering programmes will be based on marks obtained by candidates in PCM in the qualifying examination. No separate entrance exam will be held. To account for variations in difficulty level of different state boards to that of the State Board of Tamil Nadu, the marks obtained by other state candidates will be normalized. Additionally, the total marks will be reduced to 200 (from 300) for preparing the merit list. Candidates who meet the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will be called for counselling round. Counselling of TNEA will be single window process.
TNEA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of TNEA 2018 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2018 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2018|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2018|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2018|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2018|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2018|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2018|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2018. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2018
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2018
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2018 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2018
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2018 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2018 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2018)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2018
The TNEA 2018 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2018 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2018, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2018 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2018
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2018
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2018 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2018 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
AAA College of Engineering
Kamarajar Educational Road, Amathur (V),
Sivakasi – Virudhunagar Main Road,
Principal : +91-94431-67210, 04562 – 251125