Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology B.Arch Admission 2018
Established Year: 1998
AVIT is located on Rajiv Gandhi Salai (Old Mahabalipuram Road) about 50 kms from Chennai in lush, sylvan surroundings, far from the madding crowd. Having said that, it is not too far from the IT Corridor and TIDEL Park where IT giants such as Wipro, TCS, INFOSYS and Cognizant, to name a few, have their offices. Chennai is the Detroit of South Asia with several automobile giants like Hyundai, Ford, Mahindra and Nissan–Renault. Besides these, there are also manufacturing plants making auto-ancillary components for 4-wheelers and 2-wheelers like the TVS group of companies and Simpsons. The strategic location of these companies is helpful to engineering students for training as well as placements. In addition, there are also automobile testing centers located here. The recently proposed southern economic zone in Sholinganallur on the I.T Corridor is sure to attract more investments from both within the country and overseas. Many MNCs have their offices in Chennai. All of these factors certainly provide greater opportunities for young and enterprising engineers.
All the campuses of the University designed eco-friendly and landscaped with extensive gardens, Plantation with recycled water. The entire university campuses are maintained as non smoking zone.
AVIT has spacious Confrence Hall & Digital Class Room which include facilities like
- Internet connectivity
- Audio visual aids
- Public address systems
The Central Library of AVIT is the knowledge hub of the college and disseminates knowledge wide and deep. The central library serves the following objectives
- Ensure optimum utilization of the resources available in the library.
- Ensure easy access to the facilities available to all the staff and students.
- Encourage and foster a reading habit among the staff and students.
- Helps the staff and students participate effectively in the teaching-learning programs of the college.
- Serves as the center of information for the college and provides easy access to national and global know how to all the staff and students.
- Improves collection and services on a continuous basis in consultation with the users/ stakeholders.
- Provides appropriate and comfortable ambience for the library users.
- The AVIT Central Library is the heart, mind and soul of the institution. It is also the nerve center of the college and the fountain head of innovation, inspiration and insight both for the students and the faculty.
The Institution has hostel facility for boys and girls in individual blocks each with the capacity of 1000 and 400 respectively. The hostel mess caters to the requirement of all the inmates with both North Indian and South Indian food varieties in their regular menu. The institution has huge play ground with football and basketball courts. The indoor game facility and recreational facility are available both in the campus and in hostel. Separate gymnasium for boys and girls is available in the hostel. An ambulance facility is also available round the clock. An ATM Center is established in the campus through ICICI Bank
Gymnasia has 12-station multi-gym facility. The gym is spacious and well equipped with modern imported equipments. It has centralised air-conditioning and audio and video facilities.
Qualified gym instructors are available round-the-clock to train students specifically for their respective sports. This gym has separate timings for men and women.
AVIT is well connected by public transport system.. The college can be reached in an hour’s drive from Adyar, Chennai city.The college also operates fleet of Buses covering key locations in and around Chennai, to facilitate the students and staff community.
AVIT has dedicated Internet Leased line which is accessed from anywhere in the campus which helps the student in their academics
- 16 mbps premium internet bandwidth with 1:1 connectivity
- Wi – Fi enabled campus
NAAC Grade: A
- B.Arch – Architecture
Why Join Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology
- Scholarship provided to meritorious and deserving students
- Affiliated to Vinayaka Missions University
- ISO 9001:2008 certified institute
- MoU’s with companies/ industries/ organizations for campus connect, development program, trainings, etc.
- Collaboration with Indian Institute of Logistics, Centennial College, Toronto, Canada and Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
- Periodical industrial visits and frequent guest lectures and seminars
- Provides Certification training like C, C++, Java, etc.
Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology B.Arch Fees Structure 2018 Call 9533390009
- Dedicated placement and training cell.
- Contacting the recruiting companies regularly for campus placement.
- Conducting Campus Recruitments
- Arranging Guest Lectures from Resource Persons from Industry to deliver current knowledge to students and faculty.
- Conducting Career Awareness programmes by Industry Professionals.
- Conducting Seminars for higher education
- Executing activities under MoUs signed with Industry like Infosys, Shriram, Talent sprint and Amity soft.
- Regular Seminars are conducted to keep in touch with the recent trends in the Higher education scenario.
- Conducting regular tests and reviewing the students about their performance.
- Students attends webinars in current market trends conducted by Infosys campus connect team.
- Candidates may directly apply or come in person to the Admission Cell operating from the Corporate Office at the above mentioned address.
- Candidates are requested to read all the instructions given in the application form. The filled-in application forms should be submitted with the relevant documents to the Admission Officer at the Admission Cell.
- All admissions (including those of foreign/ NRI students) are made subject to eligibility and according to the norms set by the Supreme Court of India, Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu.
In order to be qualified for admission to different school/ college of architecture in India that accept NATA score, the Eligibility criteria of NATA 2017 requires that candidates should have at least 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with mathematics as one of the subject. Also, for applying to first year of 5-year B.Arch. Degree Course, candidates must have 40% score in NATA, i.e. at least 80/200.
About the NATA Entrance Exam:
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.
How to Apply:
NATA 2017 Application Form has been released by the Council of Architecture, Delhi. The forms were released on 21 January and will be available till 18 August 2016. The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2017 will be held from 1 April to 28 May 2017 and 6 June to 20 August 2017. Candidates, who wish to register for the exam, must submit the NATA Application Form. Test dates will be allotted to candidates on a first-cum-first-serve basis and, therefore, candidates are advised to register well in advance to get a preferred date. For guidelines on how to register for the national aptitude test, candidates can check below.
- This exam comprises of two parts that is drawing test and aesthetic sensitivity test.
- The exam will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based) and aesthetic sensitivity test will be conducted through online mode (computer based test).
- The duration of exam is of two hours.
- In aesthetic sensitivity test, candidates have to answer 40 objective type questions.
- Duration: To answer each question total 90 seconds are allotted in CBT mode.
- There will be no negative marking in the exam.
The test is in two parts. A paper based drawing test and computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test. The test measures aptitude of the candidate through two sections -a paper based section for drawing and computer based section for aesthetic sensitivity.
- Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
- Drawing Test
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
- Sense of perspective drawing
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interesting two dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms
- Creating visual harmony using colors in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
- The aesthetic sensitivity test evaluates perception, thoughts and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and comprises of:
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects
- Indentifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
- Analytical reasoning
- Mental Ability
- Imaginative comprehension and expression
- Architectural Awareness
The Answer to each question in the ‘drawing’ paper will be examined by a panel of three examiners independently and the marks are averaged. It may be further subject to moderation. During the computer based test, with adaptive testing, an examinee is administered a set of questions with a difficulty level that is specifically designed to match the examinee’s ability level. The mathematical process for calculating a score in this situation incorporates the statistical properties of the questions, the examinee’s performance on the questions, and the number of questions that are answered.
NATA Cutoff Caculate:
Divide your NATA score by 2 and add your board percentage (which is out of 100) and then divide the total by 2. That gives you your Final Merit score. For example: If your 12th Board percentage is 80 and your NATA score is 120. The final score should represent the score in qualifying exam and nata score equally.
NATA 2018 Result
NATA Result is declared tentatively within four days of the test taken by the applicant. They can check it on official website. The score cards published on the website of NATA will be used for admission process. The NATA 2018 Score Card will be valid for a period of two years from the year of the exam taken by candidate. The Council of Architecture, New Delhi conducts the National Aptitude Test in Architecture or NATA Exam. NATA 2018 would be conducted from April 1, 2018 to August 20, 2018, in two phases respectively. It is conducted to assess the sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity, critical thinking ability and drawing and observation skills of the applicant in the field of Architecture.
How to check NATA Result:
Candidates can expect to download NATA 2018 Score Card within four days from the date of the test taken by the candidate. To download the score card candidates are advised to follow the steps mentioned below:
- To check the result online applicants will visit the official website and click on “click here to generate the scorecard”.
- Candidates will then be redirected to the page where they will log-in with their Candidate Id.
- As a security measure, candidates should enter the words exactly as spelled in the second text box
- After entering the details, Click on ‘Download’.
- If the candidate Id and security number is correct and the score would be generatedand it’ll be displayed on the screen.
- If the scorecard doesn’t appear that is because it is not generated yet and a message or pop-up box will confirm that.
- If the candidate has given NATA Exam more than once,the page will show the last generated score, in case, the new score card is not generated yet.
NATA 2018 Score Card
NATA 2018 Score Card is a necessary document required for admission to the five year B. Arch. Course. This score card will be available online within four days after the test taken by candidate. However, there could be occasional delay in processing the score card but still it’ll be displayed within maximum 7 days of giving the exam.Candidates should take out a printout of NATA 2018 Score card and can use it for future references and also for admission purposes. Admission authorities would verify the original score card from the NATA server directly. Hence, no hard copy or print out would be considered valid and the NATA 2017 Score Card stored on the NATA server will be only used for the candidate’s admission. The validity of the NATA 2018 Score Card is for a period of two years from the year in which candidate has appeared for the test.
NATA 2018 Counselling
The complete counselling procedure is as follows:
- Counselling process is generally held in the month of september every year for those candidates who have passed National Aptitude Test.
- Once NATA first Admit List comes out, eligible candidates would be called where they have to fill in their Choice for courses as well as for institutes
- Thereafter, the institute will announce counselling schedule on the basis of merit.
- Allotment of seats would be done based on merit position/ rank of candidates, those having higher ranks will be deemed first for allowance of seats as per their choices
- Aspirants are required to reach the counselling venue to attend the seat allotment process.
- They will be asked to submit the required documents and counselling fee.
- After this Candidates will be allotted colleges / course as per the availability of seats.
- At last, they will be given joining letter which they have to carry while going for admission in the college
Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology,
Karunguzhipallam, Tamil Nadu
Contact : 08754541025
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : http://www.avit.ac.in/