Alagappa College of Technology Admission 2017
Established Year: 2001
The Alagappa Institute of Technology (AIT) is a service-oriented institution with the primary focus on providing education in emerging academic disciplines, vocational programs and in the field of performing arts. It was founded in September 2001 by Mr. R. Vairavan, the grandson of Dr. RM. Alagappa Chettiar, the founder of the Alagappa Schools, Colleges and the Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu, India.
AIT has been designed to provide an academic ambience,conducive for learning. AIT has been designed to provide an academic ambience,conducive for learning. The Institutes in Chennai and Karaikudi have been equipped with state of the art hardware and software, which clearly distinguish it from the rest of such centers in the city.
Students have access to the Anna University library which is housed in a separate campus nearby. Huge would be an understatement. It is multistorey air-conditioned building with volumes of books on various topics. All these books can be easily searched and located via their efficient library management system.
The hostels on the campus aren’t great, not to expect much from it. The hostel often has water problems. Girls’ hostel and mess are better than the boys’. The hostel charges are very nominal, Rs 25,000 including the food.
The campus is huge. AIT, CEG and Madras University all the campuses are inter-connected. The campus is beautiful and well maintained. There are many lawns and a lot of open spaces in the campus. You will find students in all the parts of the campus. The huge ground on the campus complements its beauty. AIT has 3 canteens. Students usually go to the CEG one which is spacious and the food is good. A variety of juices are available which are hot favourites among the students.
NAAC Grade: A
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Applied science and technology
- Department of Textile Technology
- Center for Bio-Technology
- Department of Ceramic Technology
- Department of Leather Technology
Why Join Alagappa College of Technology:
- Reaccredited by NAACwith ‘A’ grade.
- Sector-specificand Job-oriented programmes
- Bilingual programmein Tamil and Hindi
- Moderate Fee structure
- Wide network of Study Centres
- EffectivePersonal Contact Programme
Alagappa College of Technology Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
AIT has good number of companies coming. Core as well as IT companies come here for recruiting. However most of the students prefer IT companies over core. Also, many of the core companies don’t prefer taking girls. Around a fourth of the class goes for higher studies, while the rest take up jobs.
The filled-in application has to be submitted through the Study Centres along with the following documents:
- The original entry qualification of HSC/ Diploma Certificate or Degree or Provisional Certificate and a copy attested by the Gazetted Officer. (Original Certificates will be returned immediately after verification).
- Student Index Card with a stamp size photo and signature affixed.
- The candidate has to submit two Demand Drafts separately towards Course Fees.
- One Demand Draft in favour of the Director, DDE, Alagappa University, payable at Karaikudi towards the University Share, and another Demand Draft in favour of the Study Centre.
- The above Two Demand Drafts should be submitted to the Study Centre along with the filled-in Application.
- No Transfer Certificate is required for admission to any of the Courses. The Directorate will also not issue any Transfer Certificate. However, a ‘Course Completion Certificate’ may be issued for those candidates who apply for it.
No need to write entrance exam, admission based on the anna university counselling
- Other State candidates who have studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. in Tamil Nadu, need not enclose the “Nativity Certificate
- Children of Central Government Employees otherwise not domicile of Tamil Nadu may also apply for admission, irrespective of their domicile, provided their parents or guardians (only if both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS at the time of submission of application which should be supported by enclosing a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian, to that effect.
- Sons / daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre Officers otherwise not native of Tamil Nadu are eligible.
- Children of Employees in Public Sector or Government recognised Institutions who at the time of submission of application for admission employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years may also apply, irrespective of their domicile, provided a certificate from the employer is enclosed along with the application that the person is a Permanent Employee of the Firm or Institution concerned with evidence like Income Tax return, PF Slip, etc. and is working in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS. Applications without proper Employer Certificate or without Nativity Certificate for the sub clause (ii), (iii) and mentioned above will not be considered.
- The candidates mentioned in sub clause (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) are eligible for Open Competition only.
Anna University counselling dates
How to Apply:
Candidate who have eligibility as per the government norms, they can apply the anna university counseling
AIT 2017 Counselling:
The counselling of AIT 2017 will be held for the merit holders. In it, the seats will be allocated to them. For the counselling, the call letters will be published on the official website after the announcement of the result. In the letter, candidates will be informed about the counselling date, venue and other details. The seat allocation will be done in multiple rounds the counselling.
Alagappa College of Technology (AIT)
Anna University Campus, Sardar Patel Road,
Chennai – 600025.
Phone: (044) 22203523, 22352642