Coimbatore Marine College Admission 2017
Established Year: 2001
Coimbatore Marine College (CMC), (formerly known Marine Institution in Coimbatore) plays an imperative role in fostering electrifying professionals for the marine industry since the year 2001. Coimbatore Marine College imparts productive & motivating ambience for its learners so that they can proceed their studies and becomes proficient for handling various management operations and team tasks of marine industry. The college is approved by Director General of Shipping (DGS), Government of India and affiliated to Indian Maritime University, Chennai. Accredited by ICRA – Grade I. CMC is located in the Manchester of South India, Coimbatore in a picturesque location. The vision of the CMC College is to impart a healthy atmosphere, global exposure and a robust support to its entire student through their eminent faculty.
The Campus has an excellent infrastructure which includes airy, well lit classrooms, a well stocked Library, Hi-tech Computer lab, Faculty Room and a well defined parking lot for students, faculty and visitors. Distinguished Industry drawn faculty mentors students and Industry visits , too, area routine feature.
Coimbatore Marine College provides class rooms well furnished & well equipped with modern facilities. Coimbatore Marine College campus has in its vicinity the city’s industrial belt which has a multitude of benefits. Students get the advantage of good corporate exposure in renowned corporate offices located close by and are also benefitted as they do not require to travel much for their training. This gives them valuable time for studies as well as other recreational activities.
Extra – Curricular Facilities:
College provide indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Regular personality development workshops. Regular seminars, workshops and conferences.
The college has a well equipped and well stocked library. The college has Library cum reading room, well equipped with periodicals, text books, study material, major dailies and popular magazines for both students and faculty.
The college has well-equipped computer lab with broadband Internet connectivity and a host of required software. Well-equipped fashion lab with sophisticated stitching & over locking machines and pattern cutting tables. Latest software and computer systems in the Creative Departments. Well Qualified Full Time Faculty for all Streams.
Coimbatore Marine College All students are provided with single occupancy furnished rooms in the hostels on the campus. Internet connectivity is available in hostels. Students manage their catering services through a committee, with the infrastructural support provided by the institute.
B.E. Marine Engineering
Why join Coimbatore Marine College:
- On and Off campus placement assistance provided
- Affiliated to Indian Maritime University, Chennai
- Approved by Director General of Shipping, Government of India
- Accredited by ICRA – Grade I
- ISO 9001:2008 certified institution
- S. Clarissa – Real time model ship in campus
- Qualified, experienced professors/ lecturers for academic subjects and Masters/ Chief Engineers of varied ship experience constitute the core faculty and visiting faculty members from industrial and corporate backgrounds
- Conducts training and workshops
Coimbatore Marine College Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
Coimbatore Marine College Entrance Exam 2017 :
About the Exam:
Common Entrance Test 2017 conducted Coimbatore marine college for admissions to the various UG and PG programmes of the IMU and its Affiliated Institutes will be through All-India Common Entrance Tests (CETs) conducted every year. No candidate shall be admitted to any Programme by an Affiliated Institute unless
(i) The Institute has valid provisional Affiliation for the programme from IMU and
(ii) The candidate has passed the IMU CET.
There will be a CET common to all UG programmes.
Application Fee is Rs.1000 for General candidates and Rs.700 for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates.
The syllabus for CET for UG programmes will be Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude at Plus 2 level (CBSE, ISE and State Boards).
- Passed+2 or its equivalent with an average mark of 60% in PCM and 50% marks in English either in class 10th or +2
- The Candidate should appear for IMU Common Entrance Test. The application form for IMU CET is available on www.imu.edu.in
- The Admission will be given based on the Rank secured in the IMU-CET
|IMUCET Exam events||Important dates|
|Last date for online registration||May 2017|
|Hall ticket can be downloaded||From may 2017|
|Date of computer-based CETs||June 2017|
|Date of publication of results||June 2017|
|Date(s) of counseling for all UG &PG programmes||May 2017 to June 2017|
|Certificate verification||August 2017|
|Date of commencement of programmes||August 2017|
How to Apply:
- All admissions to various UG and PG programmes of the IMU Campuses and its Affiliated Institutes will be through Common Entrance Tests (CETs). There will be a CET common to all UG programmes. There will be another CET common to the two MBA programmes and yet another CET common to the two M.Tech programmes.
- The candidates have to apply online onlyfor appearing for the Common Entrance Test.
- Application Fee for applying online for CET is Rs.1000 for General candidates and Rs.700 for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates.Application Fee has to be paid online only.
- All the CETs are scheduled to be held simultaneously at 34 cities (Test Centres) spread across the country.
- The Syllabus for CET for UG programs will be Physics, Mathematics,Chemistry, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude at Plus 2 level ( CBSE, ISE and State Boards )
- The Syllabus for the CET for the 2 M.Tech programs will be as follows: English, General Knowledge,Aptitude, Mathematics and General Engineering.
- The questions will be of multiple choice type. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
CET 2017 Result:
Coimbatore Marine College CET will announce the result of the engineering entrance examination on the official website. The candidates will be able to check it by clicking on the link here and entering the Registration Number and Date of Birth in the CET 2017 result portal.
The result will state the score and the merit of the candidate. The score will be determined as per the marking scheme of the examination, whereas, the merit will be calculated on the basis of the secured marks.
CET 2017 Counselling:
The counselling of CET 2017 will be held for the merit holders. In it, the seats will be allocated to them. For the counselling, the call letters will be published on the official website after the announcement of the result. In the letter, candidates will be informed about the counselling date, venue and other details. The seat allocation will be done in multiple rounds the counselling.
CET2017 Admit Card:
When the slot booking facility is provided by an institute, the admit card is only released after the candidate has done the booking. Hence, if the slot booking of CET 2017 is done, the admit card of it will be released within few hours after it.
Coimbatore Marine College
296, Pollachi Main Road, Myleripalayam,
Othakkalmandapam (Post), Coimbatore – 641032
Phone : 0422 2612200 to 244 (45 Lines)
Fax : 0422 2611222
Mobile : 098431 55985