Crescent School Of Architecture Admission 2017
Established Year: 2008
Crescent School of Architecture (CSA), Chennai was established as part of the B.S. Abdur Rahman University.,2017 admissions started.The school is providing quality education and global exposure to the architects and designers of tomorrow through enquiry, research and innovation. The school has a team of highly inspired faculty with varied and international exposure this helps the students get global exposure to the various technologies and methods used in construction and design through seminars, industrial visits, discussions, projects and presentations.
The college is affiliated to the B.S. Abdur Rahman University. B.S. Abdur Rahman University is formerly known as B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College. The University is located in the outskirts of Chennai city on the G.S.T. Road. Being one of the largest engineering institutions in India, it lays emphasis on innovative research, investment in high quality facilities and first rate infrastructure.
The department Library at CSA has around 2000 volumes of books, National and International journals giving extensive reference material and exposure to the students of CSA.
- B.Tech Architecture
Why Join Crescent School of Architecture
- Affiliated to B.S. Abdur Rahman University
- Highly qualified and Experienced Faculty
- State of the Art Infrastructure
- 100% Placement Assitance
- Regularly organizes seminars and industrial visits
Crescent School of Architecture Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
In order to be qualified for admission to different school/ college of architecture in India that accept NATA score, the Eligibility criteria of NATA 2017 requires that candidates should have at least 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with mathematics as one of the subject. Also, for applying to first year of 5-year B.Arch. Degree Course, candidates must have 40% score in NATA, i.e. at least 80/200.
About the NATA Entrance Exam:
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.
How to Apply:
NATA 2017 Application Form has been released by the Council of Architecture, Delhi. The forms were released on 21 January and will be available till 18 August 2016. The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2017 will be held from 1 April to 28 May 2017 and 6 June to 20 August 2017. Candidates, who wish to register for the exam, must submit the NATA Application Form. Test dates will be allotted to candidates on a first-cum-first-serve basis and, therefore, candidates are advised to register well in advance to get a preferred date. For guidelines on how to register for the national aptitude test, candidates can check below.
- This exam comprises of two parts that is drawing test and aesthetic sensitivity test.
- The exam will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based) and aesthetic sensitivity test will be conducted through online mode (computer based test).
- The duration of exam is of two hours.
- In aesthetic sensitivity test, candidates have to answer 40 objective type questions.
- Duration: To answer each question total 90 seconds are allotted in CBT mode.
- There will be no negative marking in the exam.
The test is in two parts. A paper based drawing test and computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test. The test measures aptitude of the candidate through two sections -a paper based section for drawing and computer based section for aesthetic sensitivity.
- Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
- Drawing Test
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
- Sense of perspective drawing
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interesting two dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms
- Creating visual harmony using colors in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
- The aesthetic sensitivity test evaluates perception, thoughts and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and comprises of:
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects
- Indentifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
- Analytical reasoning
- Mental Ability
- Imaginative comprehension and expression
- Architectural Awareness
The Answer to each question in the ‘drawing’ paper will be examined by a panel of three examiners independently and the marks are averaged. It may be further subject to moderation. During the computer based test, with adaptive testing, an examinee is administered a set of questions with a difficulty level that is specifically designed to match the examinee’s ability level. The mathematical process for calculating a score in this situation incorporates the statistical properties of the questions, the examinee’s performance on the questions, and the number of questions that are answered.
NATA Cutoff Caculate:
Divide your NATA score by 2 and add your board percentage (which is out of 100) and then divide the total by 2. That gives you your Final Merit score. For example: If your 12th Board percentage is 80 and your NATA score is 120. The final score should represent the score in qualifying exam and nata score equally.
NATA 2017 Result
NATA Result is declared tentatively within four days of the test taken by the applicant. They can check it on official website. The score cards published on the website of NATA will be used for admission process. The NATA 2017 Score Card will be valid for a period of two years from the year of the exam taken by candidate. The Council of Architecture, New Delhi conducts the National Aptitude Test in Architecture or NATA Exam. NATA 2017 would be conducted from April 1, 2017 to August 20, 2017, in two phases respectively. It is conducted to assess the sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity, critical thinking ability and drawing and observation skills of the applicant in the field of Architecture.
How to check NATA Result:
Candidates can expect to download NATA 2017 Score Card within four days from the date of the test taken by the candidate. To download the score card candidates are advised to follow the steps mentioned below:
- To check the result online applicants will visit the official website and click on “click here to generate the scorecard”.
- Candidates will then be redirected to the page where they will log-in with their Candidate Id.
- As a security measure, candidates should enter the words exactly as spelled in the second text box
- After entering the details, Click on ‘Download’.
- If the candidate Id and security number is correct and the score would be generatedand it’ll be displayed on the screen.
- If the scorecard doesn’t appear that is because it is not generated yet and a message or pop-up box will confirm that.
- If the candidate has given NATA Exam more than once,the page will show the last generated score, in case, the new score card is not generated yet.
NATA 2017 Score Card
NATA 2017 Score Card is a necessary document required for admission to the five year B. Arch. Course. This score card will be available online within four days after the test taken by candidate. However, there could be occasional delay in processing the score card but still it’ll be displayed within maximum 7 days of giving the exam.Candidates should take out a printout of NATA 2017 Score card and can use it for future references and also for admission purposes. Admission authorities would verify the original score card from the NATA server directly. Hence, no hard copy or print out would be considered valid and the NATA 2017 Score Card stored on the NATA server will be only used for the candidate’s admission. The validity of the NATA 2017 Score Card is for a period of two years from the year in which candidate has appeared for the test.
NATA 2017 Counselling
The complete counselling procedure is as follows:
- Counselling process is generally held in the month of september every year for those candidates who have passed National Aptitude Test.
- Once NATA first Admit List comes out, eligible candidates would be called where they have to fill in their Choice for courses as well as for institutes
- Thereafter, the institute will announce counselling schedule on the basis of merit.
- Allotment of seats would be done based on merit position/ rank of candidates, those having higher ranks will be deemed first for allowance of seats as per their choices
- Aspirants are required to reach the counselling venue to attend the seat allotment process.
- They will be asked to submit the required documents and counselling fee.
- After this Candidates will be allotted colleges / course as per the availability of seats.
- At last, they will be given joining letter which they have to carry while going for admission in the college.
Crescent School of Architecture,
B.S. Abdur Rahman University,
Vandalur, Chennai – 48
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 044-22751347 (Extn. 400)
Crescent School of Architecture Fees Structure Admission Procedure Contact 9533390009
Please leave your enquiry and I will respond to you soon