Government College of Engineering Admission 2017
Established Year: 1981
This college was started in October 1981 to fulfil the needs of the people of this region. Till then the youth of the southern districts had to go to Madurai and places farther away to pursue their engineering studies. Thus, with the starting of this college, one of the long felt expectations of the people of this area came to be fulfilled. This institution is ideally located in an extent of about 55 acres. It is about 1 km from Tirunelveli new bus stand. The college campus lies on the Tirunelveli – Trivandrum national highway. At its inception, the college admitted students for 3 undergraduate branches, namely Civil, Mechanical and Electronics and Communication Engineering. Electrical and Electronics Engineering branch was introduced during the academic year 1986-87. Further, Computer Science and Engineering branch has been offered since the academic year 1989 – 90. A Post-graduate course (M.E. Degree) in Computer Science and Engineering was started during 1994 – 95. Part-time B.E Degree courses are offered in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering.
- Computer Centre
- Conference Hall
- Sports and Games
- Uninterrupted Power
The college library is housed in a separate block. The library contains books pertaining to the courses of study offered in this institution. A limited number of books of general interest are also available. The library has about 10350 titles and 36335 volumes. Additions are made every year. Further the library subscribes to 47 Indian magazines and journals and 6 foreign journals. It follows the open access system. The universal decimal classification system is adopted in the library.
- The college has 6 hostels – Kaveri, Porunai, Vaigai and Manimutharu for men and Amaravathi and Bhavani for women.
- The rooms are furnished with steel cots, tables and chairs. Cupboards are also provided in every hostel room. All the rooms are provided with ceiling fans.
- Every hostel is provided with R.O water.
- For the relaxation of students all the hostels are equipped with an LCD Television.
- To help the students in their curriculum all the hostels are provided with high-speed WI-FI.
- More over News papers are available to update the students with current affairs.
- 9Rotaract Club Chapter
- 10National Service Scheme (NSS)
- 11Red Ribbon Club(RRC)
- 12Yoga Club
- 13Fine Arts Club(FAC)
NAAC Grade: B
Undergraduate courses include:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering.
Postgraduate courses include:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Power Electronics and Drives
Why Join Government College of Engineering :
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to Anna University.
- Excellent infrastructure
- Good placement record
- Highly Qualified faculties
- The college has twice secured seventh position in the rank list of 229 colleges released by Anna University after the announcement of semester results.
Government College of Engineering Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
Government College of Engineering – Tirunelveli remains untouched in many records for the past 30 years and this is the spirit of GCE Tirunelveli. It’s this spirit that every GCEian inhales and carry forward wherever they go. The pennant of this spirit has been to not walk on the path already taken, but to enroot new route and be the first to respond to the needs of the people and the nation.
No need to right the separate Entrance exam, Spot admission after satisfies the anna university norms
Government College of Engineering Entrance Exam
About the Exam:
65% seats will be filled through TNEA Counseling, 35% seated will be filled under management quota
- The candidate must have been born on or after 1 July 1996.
- The candidate should have qualified the 10+2/equivalent examination.
- In the qualifying exam, the candidates must have secure 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Along this, individually in these subjects, the candidates must have also secured at least 55% marks.
- Candidates withholding three years Diploma in Engineering degree, as awarded by State Board of Technical Education, with 60% marks may also apply.
Anna University counselling dates
How to Apply:
- Application form available on the Online page mentioned in the below link Submit along with the DD 1500rs http://www.gcetly.ac.in/index.php
- Offline forms also available in the campus from 13 april 2017 cost 1500
- Follow the instruction carefully mentioned in the application form
GCET 2017 Counselling
The counselling of GCET 2017 will be held for the merit holders. In it, the seats will be allocated to them. For the counselling, the call letters will be published on the official website after the announcement of the result. In the letter, candidates will be informed about the counselling date, venue and other details. The seat allocation will be done in multiple rounds the counselling.
Government College of Engineering,
Trivandrum Rd, Marshal Nager,
Tamil Nadu 627007
Phone: 0462 255 2450