Hindustan University Admission 2017
Established Year: 1985
Hindustan College of Engineering, started in the year 1985, was conferred the “University Status” by University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India, Under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956 from the academic year 2008-09 and under the name HITS (Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science).
Today, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science is one of the most sought after engineering Institutions in Tamil Nadu, reputed for its highly qualified and experienced faculty and excellent infrastructural facilities for curricular and extra curricular activities, the University has maintained an enviable academic excellence right from its inception. The student community comprises of students from all over India and Overseas. We have students hailing from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Indonesia, Kenya, Korea, Liberia, Libya, Mauritius, Nigeria, Oman, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sudan, U.A.E, Thailand, Vietnam, Tanzania, USA, etc.
The university has accomplished its mission and its academic achievements are a testimony to the same. More than 80% of students secure first class with distinctions year after year. Over 950 students have been placed in leading companies in India and abroad in the last 3 years. The students of this reputed institution are receiving placement offers from leading companies in India and Abroad. The institution has collaborative partnerships with leading universities in USA, Singapore, Australia, etc. It has students and faculty exchange programs with leading international universities. The university has also has received numerous accolades and awards over the years.
Hindustan University has separate hostels for boys and girls with well furnished rooms and modern amenities. The overall atmosphere is very conducive for the students to concentrate on studies. The hostels have well-furnished air-conditioned and regular rooms with attached rest rooms providing the right ambience for the students. The technical associations of the various disciplines play an active role in organizing discussions, seminars, guest lectures, educational tours etc.
In addition, there are cultural associations, a photographic club and a music club, each of which arranges programmes and competitions with the help of the students’ academic council. We are proud to state that our students are continuously winning prizes at various inter collegiate cultural and sports festivals. Hindustan University assigns top priority to sports activities and encourages students who are sportspersons by providing them a complete scholarship for studies. The University has excellent state-of-the-art infrastructure for sports and provides professional coaching in sports to students. Office of International Student Affairs provides services for international aspirants, students, interns, faculty and scholar enrolled or exchanged at Hindustan University as well as our Indian students exchanged or send on study tour or summer program globally. Our goal is to enable Foreign and Non-Resident Indians (NRI) students to have successful academic, cultural and personal experiences while studying at the university and facilitate exchange programs, joint research, study abroad, summer program etc. for our students to gain international exposure.
The Hindustan University Library System consists of a Central Library and departmental libraries which collectively support the teaching, research and extension programs of the Institute. All students, faculty members and employees of the Institute are entitled to make use of the Library facilities on taking library membership. The Library, besides having a huge collection of books on engineering, science and humanities offers library services through its various Divisions.
All the hostels offer a variety of services and opportunities for students. Staff members residing in the hostel are assigned to address academic and personal problems of the students. Round-the-clock security, communication, dispensary facilities are also available.There are seven hostels within the campus catering to the needs of the students. The hostel is managed by
- Dean –Admin
- Chief Warden
- Hostel Manager
- Wardens (Residential and Non-residential)
A Neat Room – A Healthy Environment
- Please utilize the dustbin kept in the corridor for throwing garbage.
- Keep the clothes, pillows and bedspreads neat and clean. Wash them at least once in a fortnight.
- Use hangers for hanging clothes.
- Do not dry (washed) clothes inside the room.
- Avoid foul smelling items inside your room
- Please ensure that your footwear is clean.
- Please do not stick anything on the windows, doors & walls.
- Students are advised to trim their hair at least once in a month.
Water and electricity are precious. Avoid wastage of water while bathing and when using the toilet. See that the taps are closed after use. Switch off all electrical fittings when not in use. Switch off ACs during power failures and when the voltage is low. Bus facility will be provided for campus residents on every Sunday to visit the city.
Vehicle will be provided to campus residents for any emergency. Parents and guests who visit their wards in the campus can stay in AC and Non AC rooms in the University guest house at a nominal rent. Reservations can be done with the Hostel Manager.
The following facilities are available on campus for the benefit of staff and students.
- a) Canteen and Fast Food Centre.
b) Geysers are provided in all hostels.
c) Departmental Stores.
d) Generator facility
e) Preventive maintenance.
f) Banking Facility.
g) 24 hrs incoming phone facility.
h) Stationery shops.
i) Round the clock security service.
NAAC Grade: A
- Aeronautical Engineering (B.Tech)
- Aerospace Engineering (B.Tech)
- Automobile Engineering (B.Tech)
- Chemical Engineering (B.Tech)
- Civil Engineering (B.Tech)
- Computer Science and Engineering (B.Tech)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (B.Tech)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (B.Tech)
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (B.Tech)
- Information Technology (B.Tech)
- Mechanical Engineering (B.Tech) BE Civil Engineering
- BE Mechanical Engineering
- BE Electronics and Communication Engineering
- BE Automobile Engineering
- Tech Information Technology
- BE Aeronautical Engineering
- BE Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Architecture (B.Arch)
- B.A. (General)
- Travel & Tourism Management COM (General)
- Banking Management Fashion Design & Arts
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Food Technology
- catering Science and Hotel Management
- C.A General
- Multimedia and Animation
- Database System
- Aeronautical Engineering (M.Tech)
- Automobile Engineering (M.Tech)
- Avionics (M.Tech)
- Structural Engineering (M.Tech)
- Thermal Engineering (M.Tech)
- Internal Combustion Engineering (M.Tech)
- Engineering Design (M.Tech)
- Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning (M.Tech)
- Computer Aided Design (M.Tech)
- VLSI Design & Embedded Systems (M.Tech)
- Communication System (M.Tech)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (M.Tech)
- Software Engineering (M.Tech)
- Computer Science and Engineering (M.Tech)
- Power Electronics and Drives (M.Tech)
- Applied Electronics (M.Tech)
- Embedded Control(M.Tech)
- Power System Engineering(M.Tech)
- Process Control and Instrumentation Engineering (M.Tech)
- Industrial Automation (M.Tech)
- Robotics and Control (M.Tech) MBA General
- MBA Aviation Management
- MBA Family Business and Entrepreneurship
- MBA Hospital and Health Care
- MBA Hospitality Management
- MBA Media and Entertainment Management
- MBA Automobile Dealership Management
- C.A General
- C.A Big Data Analytics
- C.A Cloud Computing
- Sc. Chemistry
- Sc. Material Science
- A. English Language and Communication
- Arch General
- Arch Housing
- Library & Information Science
- Tech. MTM (5-1/2 year Integrated Programme)
- Tech. Construction Engineering and Management
- Diplomo in Photography
- Diplomo in Interior Design
- Advance Diploma in Optometry
- Professional Diploma in Cyber Investigation and Laws
- Professional Diploma in Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Tech in Nano Technology
- MBA Defence Technology Management
Why Join Hindustan University :
- Above 75% Annual Placement Conversion
- Encouragement of innovative talents & spirits of the students through Hindustan Technology Business Incubator (HTBI) & Hindustan Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre (HEIC)
- Strong Alumni Network
- Sponsorship to attend seminars/conferences (National & International)
- Highly qualified faculty with industry and academic experience
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories and workshops
- International Mobility Programmes including one semester abroad program, student/faculty exchanges and higher studies
- Scholarship available for meritorious and sports students
- MOUs with leading industries and institutions in India and Abroad
- Excellent library facility with complete digital access for online databases like SCOPUS, IEEE, Springer, ScienceDirect, Nature, etc
- Opportunity to be involved in various research centres and projects on campus.
- Regular Industrial Visits & Internship to execute projects at national and international Industries/Institutions
- 10 Research Centres and 7 Schools (Aeronautical, Building, Computing, Electrical, Management, Mechanical, Science & Humanities)
- Adherence to Bloom’s Taxonomy and Outcome Based Education (OBE) Practices
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for students to choose the subjects and teachers
Hindustan University Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
Hindustan University provides an environment that fosters not only the intellectual but also the overall personality development to its students. Personality Development Workshops are organized in the University for all enrolled students with a view to equip them with the necessary soft skills required to beat the stringent selection process and emerge successfully in today’s competitive world. The students are exposed to intensive training for acquiring Communication, Motivation and Leadership Skills. They gain essential inputs in goal setting and team building. They also undergo Case Study Analysis, Extempore, Group Discussion and Personal Interview Session. More than nine hundred students of pre-final and final year undergraduate and postgraduate programs are benefited from these workshops every year. The University considers training and placement as its key duties to every student who enrolls with the University.
The Placement Office of the University provides equal opportunity to all enrolled students to:
- Attend campus interviews conducted for leading companies.
- Do In-Plant Training
- Prepare the students to excel in Aptitude Test, Group Discussions and Interviews.
Hindustan University considers students who have passed their Higher Secondary Examination with commendable marks for admission. An online Entrance Examination (HITSEEE) is conducted every year. The University strictly follows the eligibility criteria of the State Government. Admissions for P. G. Courses are made through entrance test, group discussions and personal interview.
The University conducts Online Entrance Examination at various cities across India every year. Students seeking admission for undergraduate programmes have to register online to appear for the Entrance Examination on dates specified in the advertisements. The time duration of the entrance examination is 2 hours. Students are required to answer 120 questions covering. Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Based on the entrance examination score and marks in the qualifying examination, the rank list is prepared for admission to U.G (Engineering & Technology) Programmes. The University conducts Online Entrance Examination at various cities across India every year. Students seeking admission for postgraduate programmes have to register online to appear for the Entrance Examination on dates specified in the advertisements. The time duration of the entrance examination is 1½ hours. Students are required to answer 120 questions covering. The subjects of the UG are based on the entrance examination score, the rank list is prepared for admission to P.G (Engineering & Technology) Programmes.
Hindustan University Entrance Exam
About the Exam:
Hindustan University considers students who have passed their Higher Secondary Examination with commendable marks for admission. An online Entrance Examination (HITSEEE) is conducted every year. The University strictly follows the eligibility criteria of the State Government. Admissions for P. G. Courses are made through entrance test, group discussions and personal interview. The University conducts Online Entrance Examination at various cities across India every year. Students seeking admission for undergraduate programmes have to register online to appear for the Entrance Examination on dates specified in the advertisements. The time duration of the entrance examination is 2 hours. Students are required to answer 120 questions covering. Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Based on the entrance examination score and marks in the qualifying examination, the rank list is prepared for admission to U.G (Engineering & Technology) Programmes.
- TECH. COURSES (ALL DISCIPLINES) Admission to B.Tech. courses will be based on merit, considering the Entrance exam marks along with +2/HSC marks etc. as per university norms. Eligibility to Register for Online Entrance Examination – B. Tech. Courses / B.Tech. M.T.M. (Master of Technology Management in Automobile Engineering) – 5 ½ year Integrated Course / M. Tech. (Civil) – (Civil Engineering with Specialization in Construction Engineering and Management) – 5 year Integrated Course. · A Pass in (10+2) or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Maths, Physics, & Chemistry. · For B.Tech. (Bio-Technology) alone, a pass in (10+2) with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology. · Any other examination of any university or authority accepted by this University as equivalent of plus two.
|Release of notification||4th week of October 2016|
|Application form availability||1st week of November 2016|
|Deadline for submitting the forms||4th week of March 2017|
|Hindustan University must receive the applications||4th week of March 2017|
|Opening of slot booking window||1st week of April 2017|
|Issuance of admit card||1st week of April 2017|
|AEEE 2017 will be conducted||3rd week of April 2017|
|Announcement of result||1st week of May 2017|
|Commencement of counselling||2nd week of June 2017|
How to Apply:
Students, having the qualifying marks, can apply to any one of the undergraduate programmes offered by the University. The applications should be submitted in the admission office before the timeline given in the advertisement. This does not apply for those who apply for nonprofessional programmes and research related courses.
The exam pattern of HITSEEE 2017 will be as below:
- The examination will be held in online and offline mode.
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The candidates will have to solve 100 multiple choice questions.
- The questions will be asked form Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. Only the Mathematics section will carry 40 questions, rest will have 30 questions each.
- 3 marks will be given for a correct answer and negative marking of 1 mark will be done for incorrect answers.
The syllabus of HITSEEE 2017 for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics section is very close to that of class 11th and 12th. Candidates must check it by accessing the link above, as it will provide a clear idea about the important and the not so important chapter.
(UNIVERSITY CAMPUS – PADUR)
(CITY CAMPUS – ST THOMAS MOUNT)
HITSEEE 2017 Result
The Amrita University will announce the result of the engineering entrance examination on the official website. The candidates will be able to check it by clicking on the link here and entering the Registration Number and Date of Birth in the HITSEEE 2017 result portal.
The result will state the score and the merit of the candidate. The score will be determined as per the marking scheme of the examination, whereas, the merit will be calculated on the basis of the secured marks.
HITSEEE 2017 Counselling
The counselling of HITSEEE 2017 will be held for the merit holders. In it, the seats will be allocated to them. For the counselling, the call letters will be published on the official website after the announcement of the result. In the letter, candidates will be informed about the counselling date, venue and other details. The seat allocation will be done in multiple rounds the counselling
Hindusthan University Kelambakkam
- Padur, Tamil Nadu
- Estd : 1985
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact : 044-27474262