Indian Institute of Information Technology Admission 2017
Established Year: 2007
Globilisation has credited uniformity in customer expectations world over. With opening up of Indian economy, our manufacturing sector has to compete globally even for the domestic market. This would require strong products with leading technology / quality and compelling cost advantage. Suitably trained manpower with skill sets appropriate for design, development and prototyping using modern IT tools is critical to achieve this goal. This Institute is envisioned as an academic institution of excellence that would facilitate and promote the competitive advantage of Indian products in global markets. This Institute will serve as an inter-disciplinary institution for education and research in the area of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) encompassing design and manufacturing using state of the art concepts, tools, processes and practices of the industry world over.
IIITDM provides a good blend of academic, cultural, social, and athletic experience to all the students, scholars, staffs and faculties. The hostel life begins at 5pm and various co-curricular activities such as designer’s club, coding club etc., are coordinated by the respective hostel technical secratary all through the year. In addition to this, many cultural and social activities also happen during the academic year.
The IIITD&M being a residential Institute provides accommodation to all its students.At present Ashwatha Girls wing is for girls and Ashwatha boys wing, Ashoka, Banyan are for boys. Each hostel room is provided with a reading table, chair and a cot. A book/cloth shelf is also provided. Pillows and Mattresses are NOT available in rooms. One can also procure from the campus shop the following items, if needed
Mattress and Pillow
- Bucket and Mug
- Bed Cover, Bed Sheet
- Soaps, Oil, etc.,
- Lock, Notebooks, Pen, Pen-drive, Hard-disk, etc.,
Students are allowed to use Kettle, Iron Box in their rooms, and are NOT permitted to use induction stove, high-end music systems, electric cookers and other high power appliances. Each hostel is provided with a few Washing machines, Solar Water Heater, RO water, Common Reading room, Common TV room.Laundry service is provided Laundroman Pvt Ltd who charges Rs. 70 for washing (upto 7kg). All the rooms are provided with LAN and common areas with Wi-Fi.
To ensure overall development of every student, the Institute provides all the required facilities for sports and recreation. Gym facility, outdoor stadiums for cricket, Football, Basket ball, Athletic tracks etc and facility for indoor games like Caroms, Chess etc are available in the campus. All the activities are coordinated by Designer’s club, in which every student of the Institute should be a member. SeeHostel Rules
IIITDM Kancheepuram was functioning at IIT Madras campus till Aug 2011. Later, the Institute moved to its permanent campus located at about 30 kms from Chennai International airport, at Melakottaiyur village, off Vandalur-Kelambakkam Road, Chennai – 600 127. The state of the art permanent campus is under development in 51.75 Acres allotted by the Govt of Tamilnadu which is close to many educational institutes and is well connected to the City. The Physical Education University, TN Police Housing Quarters and Unitech Residential Zone are close to Institute. Institute has state of the art laboratories, class rooms, library facilities, hostel facilities already established to cater the current requirements.
NAAC Grade: A
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics Engineering(Design and Manufacturing)
- Mechanical Engineering(Design and Manufacturing)
- Mechanical -Smart Manufacturing(from 2016 onwards)
Dual Degree Programs
- Tech – Electronics Engineering (Design and Manufacturing) + M. Tech VLSI & Electronic System Design
- Tech – Computer Engineering + M. Tech – Computer Engineering
- Tech – Electronics Engineering (Design and Manufacturing) + M. Tech Signal Processing and Communication System Design
- Tech – Mechanical Engineering (Design and Manufacturing) + M. Tech Product Design
- Tech – Mechanical Engineering (Design and Manufacturing) + M. Tech Advanced Manufacturing
Why Join Indian Institute of Information Technology
- Placements provided with reputed companies with average package of 7.35 LPA for batch 2011-15
- Ranked 18thamong ‘Top Government T-Schools’ based on survey of colleges, employers, and alumni by DQ-CMR Survey, 2015
- Government scholarships to deserving students based on merit-cum-means basis
- An autonomous institute
- Collaboration with Japan (Formed a consortium of five universities and six industries) for development of the teaching and research programs, faculty/ student exchange programs
- Organizes workshops, international visits, seminars, etc.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
Placement Snapshot :
- Companies Participated – 34
- Total no of offers – 145
- Highest Package – 34.6 LPA
- Lowest package – 3.25 LPA
- Average Package – 7.35 LPA
The Institute is presently offering 4 year B.Tech programs in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering (Design & Manufacturing), and Mechanical Engineering (Design and Manufacturing). The B.Tech programmes have attracted high ranking JEE-Main students and have earned appreciation for the design focussed engineering curricula. Our novel design centric B.Tech programme have earned a good reputation among foreign universities as well. Our alumni have secured MS and Direct Ph.D admission in institutes of international repute like Stanford, Georgia Tech, UC Irvine, USC, Pen State, NCSU, Arizona, etc.,
Indian Institute of Information Technology Entrance Exam
- Other State candidates who have studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. in Tamil Nadu, need not enclose the “Nativity Certificate
- Children of Central Government Employees otherwise not domicile of Tamil Nadu may also apply for admission, irrespective of their domicile, provided their parents or guardians (only if both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS at the time of submission of application which should be supported by enclosing a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian, to that effect.
- Sons / daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre Officers otherwise not native of Tamil Nadu are eligible.
- The candidate who have satisfy JEE mains eligilibilty Ranks they have added advantage
Anna University counseling dates and Jee mains date
How to Apply:
The mode of admission is based on the JEE (Main) and Plus-2 Normalized Score. The seat allotment to the B.Tech programmes is based on All India Rank published by CBSE. Admission is based only on All India Rank(AIR). State Rank is not Considered for admission into IIITs.
For further details on JEE (Main), please visit: JEE Main Website
IIITDM 2017 Counselling
The counselling of IIITDM 2017 will be held for the merit holders. In it, the seats will be allocated to them. For the counselling, the call letters will be published on the official website after the announcement of the result. In the letter, candidates will be informed about the counselling date, venue and other details. The seat allocation will be done in multiple rounds the counselling.
Indian Institute of Information Technology,
Design & Manufacturing (IIITD&M) Kancheepuram
Off Vandalur-Kelambakkam Road
Chennai – 600 127
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: +91 – 44 – 2747 6300
Fax: +91 – 44 – 2747 6301