Sastra University Admission 2017
Established in 1984
The Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy, known as SASTRA University, is a deemed university in the town of Thirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur district, Tamil Nadu, India. Undergraduate and postgraduate engineering courses are its focus. It offers undergraduate and post graduate courses in Engineering, Science, Education, Management and Arts.
SASTRA University started in 1984 in the form of Shanmugha College of Engineering, affiliated to the Bharathidasan University, Trichy. In 2001 it was renamed as Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy. It was the first institution to get the ‘Deemed University status’ in Tamil Nadu. Srinivasa Ramanujam Center at Kumbakonam is affiliated to it.
In 2011, software company Tata Consultancy Services set a world record of recruiting 1,755 students from SASTRA, the largest recruitment by any company in the world from a single campus.
- Bank and ATM
- Post office
- Book store
- Central Animal facility
- Seminar hall
The campus occupies a built up area of over 2,000,000 square feet (190,000 m2) and houses a population of over 13,000 students.
The institute has nine boys hostels and five girls hostels providing accommodation to over 5000 boys and 3000 girls. There are facilities for sports and body building. There are 30 rooms with all basic amenities catering to the needs of the visitors.
The entire campus is networked with a 1 GB fibre-optic cable and is Wi-Fi enabled to provide wireless access to the 366 Mbit/s internet leased line for the students and faculty. Campus-wide wireless connectivity has been implemented at a cost of over Rs. 35 lakhs providing a wire-less seamless internet connectivity to anybody and anywhere in the campus. Important lectures are recorded using the Tegrity cart and is uploaded in the server & also maintained in the library for use by all the stakeholders. Students and faculty members are provided with Network Attached Storage facility which is platform-independent and is accessible throughout the campus.
- Digital Library
- Wifi Campus
- Well equipped Auditorium
- Round-the clock medical facilities
- Outdoor and Indoor sports facilities
- Different labs for each department
The National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) considered the appeal of SASTRA University and awarded a new score of 3.54. SASTRA University was Awarded A Grade in the 3rd cycle accreditation by NAAC with a score of 3.3 during its visit held during March 2014.
|42||1996||Thapar University (Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology)|
|43||2002||Indian Agricultural Research Institute|
|44||2052||Institute of Mathematical Sciences|
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Bioengineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Bioinformatics Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Biotechnology, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Information and Communication Technology, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
- M.Sc. (Biochemistry / Computer Science / Mathematics / Micro biology), 2 Years
- M.Sc. Biotechnology, 2 Years
- M.Sc. Chemistry / Bio Chemistry, 2 Years
- M.Sc. Material Sciences, 2 Years
- M.Sc. Molecular Biology & Genetics, 2 Years
- M.Sc. Bio Informatics, 2 Years
- M.Sc. Applied Electronics, 2 Years
- M.Tech, 2 Years
- M.Com., 2 Years
- B.Com(Computer applications), 3 Years
Why join Sastra university
- Ranked 40th among ‘Top 100 Engineering Institutes for Research and Teaching’ in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (MHRD) in 2016
- UGC recognized
- Grade ‘A’ accreditation by NAAC
- Accredited by Institution of Engineers, India for B.Tech and by TCS with ‘A’ grade
- Partnership with Wipro Technologies
- Various research papers have been published in International journals
- Collaboration with National and International institutes/industries for research, training etc.
- Faculty comprises of Ph.D holders
Sastra university Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
- Separate training and placement department
- Conduct programs offering various services meeting the professional development need of the students
- Provides pre placement training and internship to the students
- Training curriculum is meticulously planned with structured and progressive syllabus that facilitates holistic development
- Activities of T & P department:
- Developing verbal and non-verbal communications
- Enhancing public speaking skills
- Imparting personality improvement through in-house and external expert faculty program
- Provides career guidance
- Administering aptitude and psychological tests
- Conducting group discussions and mock interview practice sessions
- Organizing entrepreneurship promotion program
- Arranging in-plant training and obtaining project work form industries
- Assisting for GRE,GMAT and GATE in a simulated environment
- Arranging on and off campus recruitments
Sastra university Admission
Shanmugha Arts,Science,Technology & Research Academy commonly and popularly known as SASTRA University 2017 B.Tech Admissions. SASTRA University will admit eligible candidates for its Undergraduate engineering courses for the academic year 2017-2018. Candidates will be granted admissions based on the scoring of JEE Main 2017 and 10+2 examination. Interested candidates can check Application Form,Eligibility Criteria and Exama Dates of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admissions in the below article. The admission process will include filling up Sastra University B. Tech 2017 Application Forms. SASTRA university is one of the top Universities of India. Application Fee Payment
Sastra university Entrance exam
SASTRA University B. Tech Admissions 2017 Paper Pattern:
As there is no separate entrance test, appearing candidates of SASTRA University B. Tech Admissions 2017 will have to follow and prepare themselves as per the exam pattern of JEE Main 2017.
Admission will be based on higher secondary score and JEE Main 2017 Result.
SASTRA University B. Tech Admissions 2017 Application Form:
The application forms for SASTRA University B. Tech Admissions 2017 are available from March 25, 2017 onwards and will close by June 11, 2017. Candidates can obtain the Applicantion Form in following modes-
In Person: Applicants can obtain the application form in person from the office of admissions at the university campus in Thanjavur or Kumbakonam or at registered office in Chennai. Candidates can also obtain the Application Form of SASTRA University B. Tech Admissions 2017 at select branches of Indian Overseas Bank and City Union Bank.
Download and send by Post: A link will be updated here for students to click and download the application form. Applicants can send the filled in application by post on receipt of DD favoring SASTRA University payable at Thanjavur.
Online: Candidates can fill in and submit the application form online. A link will be provided here.
Application Fee: Applicants need to pay Rs. 650 as application fee.
SASTRA University B. Tech Admissions 2016 Important Dates:
|Issue of Application forms for all programmes||March 25, 2017|
|Last date for submitting filled applications forms||June 11, 2017 (6.00 p.m.)|
|Release of Rank List||June 11, 2017 (9.00 p.m.)|
|Counselling for Admission||June 22 to 25, 2017|
|Classes for First Year||July 11, 2017|
Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu- 613401
Phone number: 04362 264 010