Sathyabama University Admission 2017
Established Year: 1987
Sathyabama University was established under section (3) of the UGC Act, 1956 (A Christian Minority Institution) which was formerly known as Sathyabama Engineering College established by JEPPIAAR EDUCATIONAL TRUST in 1987. It is a pioneer institute imparting knowledge in the areas of engineering, science, technology and education. The institution’s progress and contribution in the field of technical education for over two decades made the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India to grant Deemed University status on 16th July , 2001 and Universitystatus on 13th September , 2006 under section(3) of the UGC Act, 1956.
Sathyabama University under the dynamic leadership of Honorable Chancellor Colonel Dr. JEPPIAAR, Madam Chancellor Remibai Jeppiaar, has been strengthening university development activities to bring fruits of research for betterment of the society with the able support and valuable guidance of Dr. Marie Johnson and Dr. Mariazeena Johnson, Directors, Dr. B.Sheela Rani, Vice-Chancellor,Dr. T.Sasipraba, Dean, (Publications & Conferences) , Dr. P.E.Sankaranarayanan, Dean (Academic Research), Dr. S.S.Rau, Registrar and Dr. K.V.Narayanan, Controller of Examinations.
It is an article of faith at Sathyabama University to complement the academic component of the university and enhance the overall educational experience of students through a wide range of extra-curricular programmes, facilities, services and activities. These events provide students and other members of the university exposure to a variety of social, cultural, intellectual, recreational opportunities and challenges.
Such experiences enrich the lives of students and help them fulfil their potential. Co-curricular and extracurricular activities are planned and executed through a number of associations, clubs, societies and students’ chapters of professional bodies. They are managed by representatives of students and are monitored by the faculty in-charge.
Sathyabama University a Central Library with a total area of 25,000 square feet, a part of which is airconditioned . After obtaining University status, with its expansion in all fields viz. increase in the number of students and faculty as well as increase in disciplines, a need was felt for complete computerization of library activities.
In pursuit of this goal new Windows based software running in Visual Basic with an Oracle Database was installed. Simultaneously we upgraded the hardware to the latest Pentium IV computers installed on a network.
Circulation was computerized and bar coding system was introduced to speed up library transactions.Accordingly, all faculty and students were issued bar-coded membership cards for access to the library.
From this academic year onwards the acquisition, processing and transactions of the journals will be computerized to facilitate easy search and retrieval.
This has gone a long way in simplifying and speeding up library operations.Our reference section has also been considerably augumented.
Spacious rooms with attached bath are available for both Boys and Girls.
Following facilities are provided in the Hostel
- STD / ISD Telephone Facilities are available
- Exclusive uninterrupted study room for students after college hours
- Uninterrupted power supply , separate Generator for Students
- Banking Facility with ATM counter
- Medical facility available with free medicines provided to sick students
- Medical Lab facility also available.
- Mineral water provided to all the rooms
- Open Air Theater – programes on every weekends
- Well equipped Gym ( Boys and Girls separately)
- Sweets and Juice center available for students after college hours
- Yoga and Dance classe
- Indoor and Outdoor Games facility
- Laundry and Ironing facility available
- Hair Cutting facility available.
- Free Computer Lab facilities available after the class
- Students Train Reservation center facility.
- Birthday cakes are sent to Hostel student on their Birthday from our own Bakery
Full Time Medical officers are available in the Campus to take care of students.
Dr. N.Raja Gopalan, M.B.B.S. – For Gents
Dr. Vijaya Ramachandran, M.B.B.S. – For Ladies
- Medical facility available with free medicines provided to sick students
- Medical Lab facility also available.
Well equipped Gym for Girls and boys (separately) For Students to stay Fit and Healthy, all hostels are equipped with Gym and Fitness centre facilities – Treadmill, Exercise Bikes and more of the latest fitness equipment.
The Central Gym for men is equipped with Body Building Equipments.
All Gyms and Fitness centers are open both in the Morning and Evening hours.
A Healthy Body and a Healthy Mind with Yoga Yoga sessions are conducted for students to help them maintain both Healthy Mind and Body.
NAAC Grade: A
Department of Information Technology
Department of Computer Science Engineering
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Department of Electronics and Control Engineering
Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Department of Electronic Science
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Department of Automobile Engineering
Department of Aeronautical Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering
Department of Business Administration
Department of Chemical Engineering
Department of Bio-Technology
Department of Bio-Medical Engineering
Department of Bioinformatics
Department of Architecture
Department of Dental Sciences E. – Computer Science and Engineering
B.Ed – Bachelar of Education
B.Com.- Bachelor of Commerce
B.Sc.- Visual Communication
B.Sc.- Computer Science
M.B.A – Master of Business Administration
M.Sc. – BioTechnology
M.Ed – Master of Education
MCA – Master of Computer Applications
M.Sc. – Visual Communication
M.Sc. – Physics
M.Sc – Mathematics
M.Sc – Chemistry
M.Sc – Computer Science
M.Sc – Energy Science
M.Plan. – Planning
M.E. – Power Electronics
M.E. – Embedded Systems
M.E. – Applied Electronics
M.E. – Electronics and Control Engineering
M.E. – Thermal Engineering
M.E. – Computer Aided Design
M.E. – Structural Engineering
M.E. – Environmental Engineering
M.E – Computer Science and Engineering
M.E – Communication Systems
M.E – Engineering Design
M.E – Manufacturing Engineering
M.E – Cloud Computing
M.E – Power Systems
M.Tech – Information Technology
M.Tech – VLSI
M.Tech – Wind Energy Technology
M.Tech – Green Engineering & Technology
M.Tech – Nanotechnology
M.Tech – Remote Sensing & Geo Informatics
M.Tech – Robotics & Artificial Intelligence
M.Tech – Biotechnology
M.Tech – Marine Biotechnology
M.Tech – Bioinformatics
M.Tech – Naval Engineering
M.Tech – Medical Instrumentation
M.Tech – Material Science
M.Tech – Chemical Engineering
M.Tech – Systems Biology
M.Tech – Data Engineering
M.Arch – Building Management
M.Arch – Sustainable Architecture
Ph.D in all Disciplines of Engineering / Technology , Management and Science
M.Phil – Biotechnology
M.Tech. – (By research )
Why Join Sathyabama University:
- Placements provided with reputed companies and has been able to place 92.56% students for the year 2015
- Ranked 42nd among Top 100 Universities in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (MHRD) in 2016
- Scholarship to meritorious and deserving students (Up to 100% fees waiver) for top rank holders in University examinations
- Collaboration with various R&D organizations and tie-ups with leading International Universities for semester abroad programs
- Conducts national and international conferences, workshops, career development programs and value added networking and software courses
Sathyabama University Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
- To train the students to meet the expectations of the industry through ourCareer Development Program.
- To provide exposure to the students about the happenings with various Industries through ourInstitute- Industry Collaboration. This is to make them understand the dynamic industrial environment and to keep them updated technically.
- To provide excellent placement support to our students by inviting eminent recruiters to our University to recruit them through ourCampus Recruitment Program.
The full-fledged Placement cell of Sathyabama University continuously monitors the employment opportunities available in various domains and arranges the campus interviews for the eligible students both at Under Graduate and Post Graduate level. As per the NASCOMM guidelines, the campus recruitment program commences after the end of Pre-Final semester examination. Training and opportunities are provided based on the interest and choice of the students. Once a candidate chooses between applying for IT companies or other Core companies, the right kind of exposure and training will be decided by the Placement Cell. We ensure that our students are proficient with the expectation of the industry. Many of our students have experience in working in R&D sector. We have created the environment which gives the students an opportunity to balance their academic commitments and co-curricular activities in order to exceed in both. We have the State-of-the –art Placement Cell infrastructure which comprises of Auditorium, GD Panel rooms, Closed Interview Panels and Conference Hall. The entire facility is designed keeping in mind to ensure that both students and the recruiters have a comfortable recruitment experience.
- Advertisements are given , regarding issue of Application forms for Common Entrance Examination , important dates etc., in all leading newspapers all over India and also notified in the Sathyabama University website.
- Entrance Exam Application Form can be obtained inperson from the University Administrative Office.
- Entrance Examinations are conducted in major cities all over India.
Satyabama University Entrance exam
About The Exam:
Sathyabama University is going to conduct the common entrance test for under graduation courses in B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch / BDS for the academic year 2017. The Candidates who have wish to appear to the admission entrance test they can download previous examinationquestion bank along sample papers for Sathyabama University Model Papers 2017 to the entrance test. The university will conduct the entrance test in April every year. Candidates who are applied for the entrance test and who need to know the syllabus, Model Papers and examination pattern for preparation the complete details regarding the entrance test
candidates can choose any of the following programmes based on the eligibility criteria. Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination with first class / grade either in March/April 2015 or should be appearing for the same in March / April 2016. The candidate’s date of birth should be on or after 1st January, 1996.
In addition to this, candidates should have passed the 10 class or Equivalent Examination in March/April 2013 or after with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks or “6.0” CGPA.
Candidates Passed in Compartmental Class / Grade (or) Passed with Arrear/s either in 10th Class or in 12th Class are not eligible for Admission.
Non Resident Indian (NRI) and Candidates of Foreign Origin are not eligible to appear for this Entrance Examination.
|Issue of application forms||18th November, 2016|
|Last date to purchase the application through post||18th March, 2017|
|Last date for submitting the filled in application forms by any mode||31st March, 2017 (Physical), 6th April, 2017(Online)|
|Commencement of Slot booking / downloading of Hall Tickets||5th April, 2017|
|Last date for Slot booking / downloading of Hall Tickets||11th April, 2017|
|Date of Computer based Examination||*16th to *24th April, 2017|
|Declaration of Results and Commencement of downloading of counselling call letter (tentative)||4th May, 2017|
|Admission Counselling from (tentative)||23rd May, 2017|
How to Apply
To apply for Entrance Examination, the eligible candidate may choose any one of the following options :
PURCHASING APPLICATION FORM :
Eligible candidates can buy the application form on payment of Rs. 1000/- at major Indian Bank Branchesthroughout India and Our University Campus. Filled in applications should be sent to “The Co-ordinator, Sathyabama University, Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Chennai 600119”, on or before 6th April, 2017.
Application forms may also be otained through post by sending a request letter (candidate’s mailing address should be mentioned clearly in capital letters with pincode number, mobile number and E-Mail ID) along with a demand draft for Rs.1100/- drawn in favour of Sathyabama University, payable at Chennai. This request letter should reach on or before 18th March, 2016 to “The Co-ordinator, Entrance Examination-2017, Sathyabama University, Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Chennai-600 11
Student can also use Online application available at www.sathyabamauniversity.ac.in.
Students opting for online application should fill in the application, and should verify all the details entered. After the verification of the details, payment of Rs. 1000/- should be made either by using Net Banking Facility/Credit Cards(VISA and Master)/Debit Cards(VISA and Master) or by challan payment at any one of the Indian Bank branches.
The Sathyabama University B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch / BDS admission test will be conduct for totally 180 marks and the question paper will be designed with 180 questions. Mathematics and Biology Subjects from each one there will be 60 questions. From Physics and Chemistry each one there will be 30 questions.
Sathyabama University Syllabus:
Sathyabama University Entrance Exam Syllabus consists of the following Subjects:
|Subjects||Total Number of Question|
Sathyabama University Offline Test Centers with Codes
Sathyabama University Computer Based Test Centers :
Procedure to appear in SATHYABAMA UNIVERSITY counseling
1) Candidate has to confirm its ranking based on merit list then has to confirm the counseling date from the official website of Sathyabama University.
2) Candidate has to decide its choice of course before he wish to appear for SATHYABAMA UNIVERSITY counseling, but based on its ranking he/she may get the course of his choice.
Documents Required while counseling for SATHYABAMA UNIVERSITY
Candidates must know about the required documents required to bring while appearing for SATHYABAMA UNIVERSITY Counseling.
1) Original counseling letter along with photocopy of counseling letter
2) Original Admit card along with photocopy of admit card
3) Bank draft has to be made as per the guidelines mentioned on SATHYABAMA UNIVERSITY prospect
4) All the original and at least 2 photocopy of certificates of 10th & 12th class
5) Rank Card / Hall Ticket
6) Score card (if applicable)
7) Original degree/provisional certificate if candidate is appearing
8 ) Community certificate(SC/ST/OBC/Other) signed by the authorized authority
9) Medical documents mentioned on SATHYABAMA UNIVERSITY application form
10) 4-6 Passport size photographs color and black and white
11) Other supportive documents mentioned on SATHY
The Satyabama University will announce the result of the engineering entrance examination on the official website. The candidates will be able to check it by clicking on the link here and entering the Registration Number and Date of Birth in the 2017 result portal.
The result will state the score and the merit of the candidate. The score will be determined as per the marking scheme of the examination, whereas, the merit will be calculated on the basis of the secured marks.
When the slot booking facility is provided by an institute, the admit card is only released after the candidate has done the booking. Hence, if the slot booking is done, the admit card of it will be released within few hours after it.
Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,
Chennai – 600 119.
Phone: 044 – 2450 3150 / 51 / 52 / 54 / 55
Fax: 044 – 2450 2344