Saveetha Engineering College Admission 2017
Established Year: 2001
Saveetha Engineering College is a co-educational institution located in Chennai, India,2017 admissions started.Saveetha Engineering College, was started in the year 2001 by the Saveetha Medical & Educational Trust, is committed to develop this college into a renowned institution for Engineering education and research. The Saveetha Group of Institution is headed by Dr. N. M. Veeraiyan, a committed and dedicated Medical Professional.Technical courses offered by the college have been approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), a statutory body of the Government of India, and also by the Government of Tamil Nadu. The College is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai, the largest technical university in India.
The campus is spread over 120 landscaped acres facing Chembarambakkam lake on the Chennai- Bangalore National Highway (NH4). Located about 8 km from Poonamalee township.
A spacious canteen and well equipped laboratories with state of the art computers equipment and gadgets are some of the features of this college. Separate rest rooms for boys and girls are provided in the college campus.The campus also houses well-ventilated separate hostels for boys and girls. In all the students are provided with an atmosphere conducive to pursue their studies freely.
The Computer laboratory is equipped with 46 Apple computers. IMAC/G3/500 MHZ with 128 MB SDRAM, 20 GB hard disk, inbuilt MODEM, fully USB supported two 400 MBPS FIREWIRE ports and AIRPORT wireless networking facilities. The laboratory is fully air conditioned.
Extra – Curricular Facilities
The Central Library is located in the first floor of the main circular block in an airy ambiance. The library has about19,000 volumes of books, national/international journals and magazines.
Saveetha Engineering College has two separate hostels, one for women and the other for men. The hostels are located within the campus. All the needsw of the inmates are given immediate attention so as to provide a homely atmosphere and a purposeful environment.
Why Join Saveetha Engineering College
- 85% students placed in 2015 batch
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Faculty student ratio is 1:14
- Affiliated to Anna University
- Approved by AICTE
- A grade NAAC accredited
- Accredited by NBA
- Research centre approved by Anna University
- Satellite in collaboration with ISRO
- Faculty includes 38 Ph.D’s and 89 are pursuing Ph.D
- MoUs with various companies for sharing information, project work etc.
- Provides on campus training for GATE, EMC2, BEC, CAT, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL
Saveetha Engineering College Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
The Placement cell of this college functions actively under the leadership of the Placement Officer with a Placement Committee consisting of faculty and student representatives from each department. The training and placement cell works for results in EEE (Education, Employment and Entrepreneurship).
i) Selection Procedure
The selection is purely provisional and always subject to the confirmation from the Anna University / Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai.
ii) Mode of selection
BE/BTech Degree Programme – First Year
- Based on the cut off marks obtained in the higher secondary (10+2) examination or Should have passed the higher secondary examination of Vocational stream (Vocational groups in Engineering/ Technology) as prescribed by the Govt. of Tamilnadu through the Single Window Counseling allotted by Anna University through Tamilnadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) & Consortium of Self Financing Professtional, Arts and Science Colleges in Tamilnadu.
- Cut off mark = 200 (100 for Mathematics and 100 for Physics + Chemistry)
BE/BTech Degree Programme – Direct Second Year Lateral Entry
- Based on the percentage marks (aggregate of V and VI semesters) obtained in the Diploma (10+3) examination through the Single Window Counseling allotted by Anna University through Tamilnadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) & Consortium of Self Financing Professtional, Arts and Science Colleges in Tamilnadu.
ME/MTech Degree Programme
- Based on the entrance (TANCET / CET / GATE) marks conducted by the Anna University & Consortium of Self Financing Professtional, Arts and Science Colleges in Tamilnadu
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree
- Based on the entrance (MAT / TANCET / CET) marks conducted by the Anna University & Consortium of Self Financing Professtional, Arts and Science Colleges in Tamilnadu
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Degree & Lateral Entry
- Based on the entrance (TANCET / CET) marks conducted by the Anna University & Consortium of Self Financing Professtional, Arts and Science Colleges in Tamilnadu.
iii) Cut off Marks (BE-BTech / Lateral Entry / MBA )
For BE/BTech Degree Programmes – Last 2 years based on the Single Window Counseling allotted by Anna University through Tamilnadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA).
Institute admits students in its undergraduate B.Tech programs through TNEA
Chennai – 602105
E-mail : email@example.com
Contact : 044-66726677