Sona College Of Technology Admission 2017
Sona College of Technology is a college located in Salem, Tamil Nadu, India,2017 admissoins started. It is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) of the government of India, NBA accredited and ISO certified, recognized by UGC under Section 2f & 12B of the UGC Act.It gained autonomous status in 2012.
The vision of Sona College of Technology is to become an institute of great repute, in the fields of science, applied science, engineering, technology and management studies, by offering a full range of programs of global standard, to foster research, and to transform the students into globally competent personalities. Their mission is to establish state-of-the-art facilities and resources required to achieve excellence in teaching-learning, and supplementary processes, provide opportunity to the students and bring out their inherent talent and offer Continuing education, and Non-formal vocational education programs that are beneficial to the society.
Institute infrastructure is well equipped with all modern facilities.
All labs are equipped with latest facilities.
Extra – Curricular Facilities
The Library has developed an excellent collection of books, journals and non-book material in science, engineering, technology, humanities, social sciences and management. It maintains separate collections of Reference Books, Bound volumes of journals, Technical Reports, Theses, Video Cassettes, Compact Discs and Micro forms. The library is using Autolib OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue), wherein the users can search the Library Online Catalogue by Author’s name, title, subject, and keywords available on the campus LAN.
Separate hostel facilities are available for boys and girls. The hostel provides accommodation for all the needy students. The rooms are furnished with table, chair, cot and fan.
Under Graduate Degree:
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Textile Technology (Fashion Technology)
Post Graduate Degree:
M.E. – Computer Science and Engineering
M.E. – Software Engineering
M.E. – VLSI Design
M.E. – Product Design and Development
M.E. – Power Electronics and Drives
M.E. – Power System Engineering
M.E. – Engineering Design
M.E. – Communication Systems
M.E. – Structural Engineering
M.Tech. – Information Technology
MBA – Master of Business Administration
MCA – Master of Computer Applications
Why Join Sona College Of Technology
- Placements provided with reputed companies and has been able to provide 100% placements for the year 2015
- Ranked 47thamong ‘Top 50 Engineering Institutions in India’ including the IITs, NITs and Universities by Ministry of HRD, 2016
- Various management, private and government scholarships schemes provided to meritorious and deserving students
- UGC recognized
- Autonomous institution
- Affiliated to Anna University and approved by AICTE
- ISO 9001:2008 certified institute
- Grade ‘A’ accreditation by NAAC
- NBA accredited for CE, CSE, ECE, IT department
- Collaborations with National/ International institutes and industries for R&D, training, development, consultancy, etc.
- Provides campus connect program with top corporates
- 33+ R&D laboratories with cutting edge technology
- Promotes Entrepreneurship Development amongst students
Sona College Of Technology Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
Placement training plays a major role in shaping up the career goals of students. It is the dream of every engineering student to get placed in a top organization visiting their campus for recruitment. Keeping this key aspect into consideration, it is realized that training is important for engineering students to enhance their employability skills and achieve good placement in various Industries.
At present, the competition for employment is increasing every day and placement has become a challenging task. Training of students and equipping them with life skills has become an important responsibility of the institution. Along with technical expertise, development of a holistic personality is also necessary. To meet out these requirements, a fully fledged training cell is operating in our college to enhance the capabilities of engineering graduates on par with the industry standards.
The prime objective of the Training Cell is
- To look for 100% employment for all students.
- To recognize the core competencies of the students.
- To train the students to meet the expectations of the industry through our Career Development Programmes.
- To build confidence in students and develop right attitude in them and
- To enhance their communication skills.
Training Activities :
- Create awareness about “career planning” and “career mapping” among the students.
- Equip the student with life skills.
- Train the students on “Personality development”.
- Organize Various Training Programmes to train the students in the areas of Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Verbal reasoning through the reputed external training organizations and in-house trainers.
- Trainthe students through Mock Interviews to perform well in the professional interviews as per the expectations of the corporate world.
- Train the students on group discussion techniques
- Conduct online tests and written aptitude tests.
i) Selection Procedure
The selection committee constituted by Sona College of Technology as per the guidelines of the Institution will do selection of the candidates under this scheme.The selection is purely provisional and always subject to the confirmation from the Anna University / Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai.
ii) Selection Committee
The following selection committee constituted by Sona College of Technology as per the guidelines of the Institution will select the candidates for admission for various programmes offered by our institution.
Dr.M. Usha, Principal, Chairman Admissions
Dr.G.M.Kadhar Nawaz, In-Charge Admissions
Mr.Nagappan, In-Charge Admissions
iii) Mode of selection
BE/BTech Degree Programme – First Year
- Based on the cut off marks obtained in the higher secondary (10+2) examination.
- Cut off mark = 200 (100 for Mathematics and 100 for Physics + Chemistry)
BE/BTech Degree Programme – Direct Second Year Lateral Entry
- Based on the percentage marks obtained in the Diploma (10+3/12+2) examination.
ME/MTech Degree Programme
- Based on the entrance (TANCET / CET / GATE) marks conducted by the Anna University & Association of Management of Coimbatore Anna University Affiliated Colleges
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree
- Based on the entrance (MAT / TANCET / CET) marks conducted by the Anna University & Association of Management of Coimbatore Anna University Affiliated Colleges
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Degree & Lateral Entry
- Based on the entrance (TANCET / CET) marks conducted by the Anna University & Association of Management of Coimbatore Anna University Affiliated Colleges
Institute admits students in its undergraduate B.Tech programs through TNEA
Sona College of Technology,
Junction Main Road,
Salem – 636 005,
Phone : 91 – 427 – 2443545, 4099999
Fax : 91 – 427 – 4099888.
Sona College Of Technology Fees Structure Admission Procedure Contact 9533390009
Please Leave your enquiry and will respond to you Soon….