Sri Venkateswara Of Engineering Admission 2017
Established Year: 1998
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering and Technology (SVCET) is an engineering college located in Thiruppachur, Tiruvallur, a district adjacent to Chennai city (formerly Madras), in Southern India. The college was established in 1999 with AICTE approval and started functioning in 2000. Sri Venkateswara Educational and Cultural Trust was formed to provide educational opportunities to students in and around
SVCET is Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in India.
The courses of study are organized on semester programs with each semester providing for a minimum of seventy instructional days. The language of instruction is English. Students are evaluated on a continuous basis throughout the semester.
There are presently five associations in the College to broaden the spectrum of knowledge of the student and provide an insight into the practical application of theoretical aspects taught in the class.
SVCE has a well established – fully computerised library with 25630 titles covering all major fields of Science and Engineering. The library covers an area of 1338 sqm, spanning the ground floor, first floor and second floor, with conference room and an ample study space. The ground floor is Air-conditioned. The Library has the following facilities for the faculty, staff and the students: Conferencing, Multimedia, Internet, Reprography and a CD-ROM collection.A book bank for deserving candidates is also being maintained.
The college subscribes to most of the major technical journals including IEEE, IEE,ASCE, ACM, ASTM,J-GATE,MCGRAWHILL ,NATURE and ScienceDirect journals. The total number of volumes available is: 98962. The total number of Print and Online journals subscribed is: 1056. Total number of CD’s is 1725 and the total seating capacity is 250.
We are an institutional member of The British Council Library, and MALIBNET. We strongly believe in e-learning. Towards this we have provided Multimedia Computers with internet connectivity, CBT, CDs, e-books, e-journals etc.
A library committee headed by the Principal, comprising of all the Heads of Departments, and Student Representatives, meets every semester to discuss the functionig of the library .
Separate hostels have been provided for boys and girls by the College. Both hostels are fully furnished and all the facilities have been provided for the comfort of the students. Hostel Mess is run by management and not by contract.
- A Student admitted to the hostel will have no claim to single or double room accommodation and will have to stay in the room allotted to him /her(with two or three inmates)
- Inmates of each room are jointly responsible for the furniture, electrical fittings, etc.,and any damage to the hostel property is recoverable from them.
- No female guest can be entertained in the men’s hostel, likewise, no male guest can be entertained in the women’s hostel.
- Use of drugs, alcohol and any kind of gambling are strictly prohibited.
- Students are not permitted to entertain any day scholar / guest to stay with them, without prior permission from the resident-warden.
- In case of serious illness and infectious diseases, the student should bring the notice of the resident warden immediately.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against inmates who violate the hostel rules, Boys hostel is of 40000sq.ft.
- A hygienic canteen is functioning in the college campus, to provide quality food, snacks, tea, coffee, cool-drinks, etc., Periodic checks will be made to see that the quality of items are maintained.
The College has good and modern playground with sophisticated playing equipments for the benefit of the students. The college conducts sports meet regularly and award prizes for the winners. The college has exclusive sports personnel for the benefit of the students to train them in various sports activities. The students are won prizes in various anna university zonal level tournaments in various games and sports. The transport facility is provided for the staff and students for easy travel from several areas of Thiruvallur, Perambakkam, Uthukottai, Thiruttani and Chennai. There are 20 buses catering the needs of the staff and students. They operate through various important routes covering several areas of Chennai and other places. Violation of any of the transportation rules or misbehaviour inside the bus will be viewed seriously.
NAAC Grade: A
Under Graduate Courses
- E. Civil Engineering
- E. Computer Science and Engineering
- E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- E. Eletronics and Communication Engineering
- E. Mechanical Engineering
Post Graduate Courses
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- E.VLSI Design
- E. Computer Science and Engineering
- E. Power Electronics and Drives
Why Join Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering:
- MOUs with leading companies and foreign institutes
- Recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR)
- Institutional memberships in organizations like ISTE, IEI, IEEE and CSI
- Promotes entrepreneurship among students
- Organizes guest lectures, industrial visits, conferences, workshops and seminars
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
- Our college has independent placement office devoted to cater the needs of organization to provide placement, preparatory programs, winning skills,personality development and CV preparation. It is headed by a Professor designated as Placement Officer.
- Placement hours have been allocated to the students for conducting placement oriented activities. During this session, aptitude, interview tips and group discussion are impacted to the students by placement coordinators.
- Entrepreneurship development programs are conducted to motivate aspiring students.
- The students take part in technical symposium, quiz programs, conference,workshop and campus recruitments are given proper recognition in the premises.
- Guest lectures, soft-skill programs and aptitude coaching are being conducted by respective professionals in our campus to enrich the student knowledge and skills.
- Quality improvement programs are provided to the faculty members and they are offered to participate in FDP session, women empowerment programs,seminars and workshops conducted in various other colleges.
Candidates satisfying the following eligibility rules as on last date of submission of application are eligible to apply. Passing the qualifying examination or changing the religion etc. after this date shall not be considered.
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering Entrance Exam
About the Exam:
No Entrance exam in Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, admission given under government eligibility criteria
|Programme||Eligibility||Selection||Notification for Admission|
|BE/BTech||As per Government of Tamilnadu Norms.||Single Window Counseling by Anna University, Chennai as per their norms.||By Anna University Chennai in leading daily news papers and also made available in Anna University website (www.annauniv.edu)|
|ME/MTech||As per Anna University
Norms & should have
Valid GATE or TANCET score
|Single Window Counseling by Anna University Chennai. First preference to GATE score and then to TANCET score. Eligibility criteria available in Anna University website(www.annauniv.edu)|
- Last date for Applying TANCET EXAMINATION: 17 May 2016 (refer www.annauniv.edu)2. For Admission to ME/MTech, MCA and MBA programmes, Candidates have to apply to Anna University only.
How to Apply:
Application forms can be downloaded from our college website: www.psgtech.edu (No printed applications). The duly filled in application must be accompanied by a demand draft for Rs. 500/- drawn in favor of “The Principal, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering” payable at Coimbatore. The dully filled in application along with demand draft can be submitted in person or through post to “The Principal, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering” on or before 30th June 2017. Application for admission should be made only in the prescribed form. Candidates, who have appeared for the final degree examination in April/May academic year, are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates if selected for admission will have to produce the final examination mark sheet and the proof of having passed the degree at the time of admission. In case of candidates from other Universities, the Eligibility Certificate from Anna University should be submitted at the time of admission. No extension of time for joining the course is permitted. Those who are waiting for final examination results should include copies of mark sheets issued up to pre-final examination.
SVCET 2017 Result
The result will state the score and the merit of the candidate. The score will be determined as per the marking scheme of the examination, whereas, the merit will be calculated on the basis of the secured marks.
SVCET 2017 Counselling
The counselling of PSG 2017 will be held for the merit holders. In it, the seats will be allocated to them. For the counselling, the call letters will be published on the official website after the announcement of the result. In the letter, candidates will be informed about the counselling date, venue and other details. The seat allocation will be done in multiple rounds the counselling.
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering,
044 – 2766 4444 , 2766 6299