SRM University, Katankulathur Campus Admission 2017
Established Year: 1985
The SRM University (Sri sri Ramaswamy Memorial University), formerly SRM Institute of Science and Technology, is a deemed university in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It was founded in 1985 as SRM Engineering College in Kattankulathur, under University of Madras. It has 7 campuses, 4 in Tamil Nadu—Kattankulathur,Ramapuram, Vadapalani, Tiruchchirappalli and others in NCR, Sonepat and Gangtok. The institute gained deemed status during the 2003-2004 academic year and was renamed SRM Institute of Science and Technology. It became SRM University in 2006, when it attained the status of a full-fledged university, under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Modern lecture halls and smart classrooms
- Transport facilities
- Well-equipped computer laboratory
- Air-conditioned auditorium with seating capacity of over 4,000 people
- Fully air-conditioned and automated library stocked with various books of various branches of Engineering and Technology, Medical and Health Sciences and Science and Humanities and equipped with RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology
- Sports facilities like Swimming Pool, Hockey, Football, Cricket, Tennis and indoor games are available
- 15 spacious and hygienic canteens
- Medical facility available
- In-campus 3-star SRM Hotel with swimming pool, banquet halls
SRM University has an excellent library for the benefit of students, faculties and researchers. As one of the best established libraries according to International Standards, the University Library has a large collection of books covering various branches of Engineering and Technology, Medical and Health Sciences and Science and Humanities and its related fields.
The library is located in the 15-Storey University Administrative Block, and is spread over Ground + 3 floors of 1.50 Lakh sq ft area. The library building is
- Fully air-conditioned and automated with RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology
- Well protected with fire alarms and CCTV security systems
- Equipped with reading halls in all the floors, with reference collection
Many Students consider quality of life as one of the important factors while choosing a College/University. We at SRM provide you a decent stay and the best possible learning environment. The stay at campus would certainly provide a wealth of experience by developing qualities such as comradeship and social responsibility. We provide services to the students from almost all corners of India and from many countries across the globe.
Students staying at SRM hostels are provided with considerable options of food, for there are many mess halls in the campus. Students can choose North Indian or South Indian menu and to the benefit of the international students the hostel also offers multi-cuisine dining facility providing Thai, Chinese and continental foods.
Life on-campus helps the students not only to study but also to socialize with the peers. Friendship formed in the campus lasts a lifetime. SRM provides a comfortable and safe housing to all its students. The students housed in the campus are encouraged to use the gymnasium, playground and all indoor gaming facilities.
- Clubs & Culture
- Student Development Activities
- Robotics Club
- Total Quality Management
NAAC Grade: B+
Undergraduate Courses Offered:
|Kattankulathur Campus, Chennai area|
|BA – Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication (3 years)#|
|LL.B ( 3 years)|
|B.A. LL.B (Hons) (5 years)|
|B.Com. LL.B (Hons) (5 years)|
|BCA – Bachelor of Computer Application (3 years)#|
|B.Com – Bachelor of Commerce (3 years)#|
|Information System and Management|
|B.Sc. – Bachelor of Science (3 Years)#|
|Hotel and Catering Management|
Postgraduate Courses Offered:
|Kattankulathur Campus, Chennai area|
|MA – Master of Arts ( 2 Years)|
|Journalism and Mass Communication|
|M.C.A – Master of Computer Application ( 3 years)|
|M.C.A Lateral Entry (Duration 2 years)|
|M.Com Commerce (2 Years)|
|M.Sc – Master of Science ( 2 Years)|
|M.Phil – Physical Education (2 Years – Part Time)|
|Courses offered in Kattankulathur Campus, Chennai area|
|Diploma in Teaching Education ( 2 Years)|
|Diploma in Hotel Management ( 3 Years)|
Why Join SRM University Katankulathur:
- Provides placement with reputed companies
- Ranked 43rd among Top 100 Universities in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (MHRD) in 2016
- Scholarships for meritorious and deserving students
- Recognized by UGC
- Grade ‘A’ accreditation by NAAC and placed in ‘Category A’ by MHRD
- Tech in CE, EEE, ECE & ME and B.Tech in IT accredited courses by Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) and Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, USA respectively
- MOUs with foreign universities, institutions and industries for research, training, students/faculty exchange program etc.
- Flexible credit based system
- Opportunity to study abroad with semester abroad program
- Foreign visiting faculty from 14 countries and 10 currently teaching at the university
- Participates in research projects funded by agencies such as UNICEF, DBT, ISRO, ICMR etc.
- Promotes entrepreneurship and innovation among students
SRM University Katankulathur Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
SRM University Placement Cell has excelled in all its endeavours and the students who have excelled academically and aspired for admission in SRM University will leave the campus with best offers. We started a dedicated placement cell headed by a senior person. The strengths of the Department are:
- Self-learning and evolving.
For B.Tech Program:
The admission will be purely on the basis of the performance in the SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) conducted by SRM University
The candidates short-listed based on their performance in the entrance examination will be called for the counseling to be held at the SRM University premises in Kattankulathur 603 203, Chennai
For B. Arch. Program
- Admission to B.Arch. program will be based on the aggregate of marks secured in the qualifying examination & NATA score
- The meritorious candidate list will be drawn giving 50% weightage to aggregate of marks secured in Engish and Maths & 50% weightage to NATA score
- Based on the ranking, admissions will be offered to the candidate.
- Admission to various programs in Health Sciences will be on the basis of the performance in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates short-listed based on their merit will be called for the counseling to be held at the SRM University premises in Kattankulathur – 603 203, Chennai.
SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) for B.Tech is common for SRM Group of Universities viz., SRM University
Application Applying to SRM is simple with following options:
OPTION 1: Apply online with e-payment.
OPTION 2: Fill the OMR form and send to us by safe means.
OPTION 3: Apply online using unique voucher code and relevant instructions
SRM University, Katankulathur Entrance Exam:
About the Exam:
SRMJEEE 2017 – SRM University will conduct SRM Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) 2017 for the intake of the aspirants in UG engineering courses. Tentatively, the examination will be held the 3rd week of April 2016. The official notice, containing the dates and details of the exam, will be released the 4th week of October 2016.
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent and (a) For all programs: Minimum 65% aggregate in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry (b) For Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering and Genetic Engineering: Minimum 65% aggregate in Mathematics / Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- The applicant for admission should be a resident Indian national and
|Release of notification||4th week of October 2016|
|Application form availability||1st week of November 2016|
|Deadline for submitting the forms||4th week of March 2017|
|SRM University must receive the applications||4th week of March 2017|
|Opening of slot booking window||1st week of April 2017|
|Issuance of admit card||1st week of April 2017|
|AEEE 2017 will be conducted||3rd week of April 2017|
|Announcement of result||1st week of May 2017|
|Commencement of counselling||2nd week of June 2017|
How to Apply:
- Last date for receipt of lled-in application at the university ofce: 15th March 2016.
- Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
- Candidates are advised to retain a photo copy of the lled in application for future reference.
- The university will not be responsible for any postal delay, loss in postal transit or any irregularity
- Candidates should browse for all the details at www.srmuniv.ac.in during a specic period and choose the examination slot. The Centre of Examination and the session, once allotted to the candidate, shall not be changed under any circumstances. While every effort will be made to allot a centre in the Test City opted by the candidate, the university reserves its right to allot a centre other than that of the candidate’s choice.
General: Question paper will be only in English. Questions are of objective type. Each question has 4 alternate answers. The correct answer has to be chosen and the appropriate oval should be shaded.
SRMJEEE – 2016 – Pattern of Question paper pattern
Part 1: Physics 35 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks 2 Part 2: Chemistry 35 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks 3 Part 3: Mathematics 35 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks 4 Part 4: Biology 50 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks 5 Negative mark of ‘1’ for every wrong answer in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and ‘0.7’ for every wrong answer in biology 6 Total weightage 315 marks
The syllabus of SRMEEE 2017 for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics section is very close to that of class 11th and 12th. Candidates must check it by accessing the link above, as it will provide a clear idea about the important and the not so important chapter.
|Andaman & Nicobar Island||Port Blair|
|Goa||Goa ( Panaji )|
SRMJEEE 2017 Result
The Amrita University will announce the result of the engineering entrance examination on the official website. The candidates will be able to check it by clicking on the link here and entering the Registration Number and Date of Birth in the SRMJEEE 2017 result portal.
The result will state the score and the merit of the candidate. The score will be determined as per the marking scheme of the examination, whereas, the merit will be calculated on the basis of the secured marks.
SRMJEEE 2017 Counselling
The counselling of AEEE 2017 will be held for the merit holders. In it, the seats will be allocated to them. For the counselling, the call letters will be published on the official website after the announcement of the result. In the letter, candidates will be informed about the counselling date, venue and other details. The seat allocation will be done in multiple rounds the counselling.
SRM University, SRM Nagar,
Kattankulathur – 603203.
Phone: 044 – 27452767, (D) 27417000 Extn.7303
Mobile: +91 9940036017