SRM University Ramapuram Campus Admission 2017
Established Year: 1985
SRM University is one of the top ranking universities in India with over 20,000 students and 1,500 faculty, offering a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in Engineering, Management, Medicine and Health sciences, Science and Humanities. Accredited by NAAC (2006-2011) and now in the process of re-accreditation. The Ramapuram Campus is the second campus of SRM University and is located at Ramapuram, Chennai. It houses three colleges, the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, SRM Dental College, and Easwari Engineering College. It also provides Bachelor of Architecture, MBA and Master of Technology courses. It occupies 30 acres of land and also has an SRM Hospital on site.
The campus has an air conditioned auditorium with a seating capacity of 750. The auditorium is equipped with public added system and in built amplifier speakers. An open auditorium with a seating capacity of 3000 is attached to the auditorium. The campus is also housed with three air conditioned Seminar Halls with a seating capacity of 200 each.
The Central Library at the Ramapuram Campus was established in 2004, when the faculty of Engineering & technology started here. The library has an excellent collection of books covering science, engineering and humanities.
The fully air-conditioned Central Library is situated in the Ground floor of Main Block with the area about 8000 sq ft. and the PG & Architecture Library located in the Ground floor of the PG block. Designed to accommodate 180 users at a time, the library has various sections such as
- Circulation Section
- Reference Section
- Book Acquisition Section
- Periodicals Section
- CD Section
- Technical Section
- Inter Library Loan
- Audio Visual Section
- Internet Section
- Desktop publishing
The entire collection of books have been divided under their respective subject headings, and classified according to Universal Decimal Classification (UDC) scheme. The Library also subscribes to numerous print & online periodicals.
It’s the first time for most students coming to live in hostel, and our accommodation facilities at the Ramapuram Campus are designed with this in mind. Fostering a student-friendly atmosphere, our hostels provide the right ambience for learning, growing and making new friends. There are separate hostels for men and women, with all the necessary facilities.
The Ramapuram Campus has three exclusive hostels for women and two for men that are well segregated geographically to ensure privacy. The floors/rooms in each hostel are allotted institution-wise to ensure easy administration. All hostels are well equipped with facilities such as
- Modern kitchens, dining halls and other services
- Hot water round the clock, through solar heaters
- Exclusive study halls in each hostel
- Separate department stores and Internet centre for men & women students
- Support facilities such as Food Courts, Canteens, DTP, Bank/ ATM, Internet, Telecom center, Super market, Sports, Entertainment/ Recreation, Halls for Gym and Yoga
There is a well equipped SRM Specialty Hospital (150 Beds) within the Campus, that functions round-the-clock, providing free treatment for the Students, Staff and the Public.
The sports event came to an end today with the felicitation ceremony of the annual sports meet of SRM University Ramapuram, Resplendence’15. The event started out with an invocation of the God by the students followed by lightening of the kuthuvilakku. The Dean welcomed the gathering and the Registrar presented the bouquet and memento to the chief guest, Mr. Ashok Kumar Dass, IPS, IGP(Economic offenses wing). The registrar then addressed the gathering stating the importance of sports and methods by which the institute inculcates values to its students by means of sports
Other facilities are listed below:
- Placement Cell
- Career Guidance Cell
- English Communication Skills Laboratory
- Teacher Guardian Scheme
- Counseling Service
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) Chapter
- Alumni Association
- Physical Education
- National Service Scheme (N.S.S.)
- News Letters
- The Cultural Association
- Literary Club
- Eco Club
- Tech Club
- Medical Facilities
- Emergency services like Causality Department, Trauma Care, ICU Services, Maternity Care, 24 hour Pharmacy, Lab Services, Ultrasound & X-Ray Facilities, Ambulance Services, Emergency Operation Facilities
- Catering Facilities
- Xerox and DTP Facilities
- Internet Center with Browsing, Voice mail, Desk Top Publications(DTP), Color/ Black and White Laser Print, Scanning, Lamination, Xerox, Spiral Binding, STD/ ISD/ PCO
NAAC Grade: A
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Architecture
- Department of English and other Foreign Languages
Why Join SRM University Ramapuram:
- Provides placement with reputed companies
- Ranked 43rd among Top 100 Universities in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (MHRD) in 2016
- Scholarships for meritorious and deserving students
- Recognized by UGC
- Grade ‘A’ accreditation by NAAC and placed in ‘Category A’ by MHRD
- Tech in CE, EEE, ECE & ME and B.Tech in IT accredited courses by Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) and Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, USA respectively
- MOUs with foreign universities, institutions and industries for research, training, students/faculty exchange program etc.
- Flexible credit based system
- Opportunity to study abroad with semester abroad program
- Foreign visiting faculty from 14 countries and 10 currently teaching at the university
- Participates in research projects funded by agencies such as UNICEF, DBT, ISRO, ICMR etc.
- Promotes entrepreneurship and innovation among students
Top salary US $200,000 offered to NANO Researcher Mr. Shivaraman at California, USA. Nearly 100% placement of registered students: TCS, Wipro, Cognizant, Infosys, Siemens, and others.
For B.Tech Program:
The admission will be purely on the basis of the performance in the SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) conducted by SRM University
The candidates short-listed based on their performance in the entrance examination will be called for the counseling to be held at the SRM University premises in Kattankulathur 603 203, Chennai
For B. Arch. Program
- Admission to B.Arch. program will be based on the aggregate of marks secured in the qualifying examination & NATA score
- The meritorious candidate list will be drawn giving 50% weightage to aggregate of marks secured in Engish and Maths & 50% weightage to NATA score
- Based on the ranking, admissions will be offered to the candidate.
- Admission to various programs in Health Sciences will be on the basis of the performance in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates short-listed based on their merit will be called for the counseling to be held at the SRM University premises in Kattankulathur – 603 203, Chennai.
SRM University Ramapuram Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) for B.Tech is common for SRM Group of Universities viz., SRM University
Application Applying to SRM is simple with following options:
OPTION 1: Apply online with e-payment.
OPTION 2: Fill the OMR form and send to us by safe means.
OPTION 3: Apply online using unique voucher code and relevant instructions
SRM University, Ramapuram Entrance Exam:
About the Exam:
SRMJEEE 2017 – SRM University will conduct SRM Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) 2017 for the intake of the aspirants in UG engineering courses. Tentatively, the examination will be held the 3rd week of April 2016. The official notice, containing the dates and details of the exam, will be released the 4th week of October 2016.
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent and (a) For all programs: Minimum 65% aggregate in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry (b) For Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering and Genetic Engineering: Minimum 65% aggregate in Mathematics / Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- The applicant for admission should be a resident Indian national and
|Release of notification||4th week of October 2016|
|Application form availability||1st week of November 2016|
|Deadline for submitting the forms||4th week of March 2017|
|SRM University must receive the applications||4th week of March 2017|
|Opening of slot booking window||1st week of April 2017|
|Issuance of admit card||1st week of April 2017|
|AEEE 2017 will be conducted||3rd week of April 2017|
|Announcement of result||1st week of May 2017|
|Commencement of counselling||2nd week of June 2017|
How to Apply:
- Last date for receipt of lled-in application at the university ofce: 15th March 2016.
- Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
- Candidates are advised to retain a photo copy of the lled in application for future reference.
- The university will not be responsible for any postal delay, loss in postal transit or any irregularity
- Candidates should browse for all the details at www.srmuniv.ac.in during a specic period and choose the examination slot. The Centre of Examination and the session, once allotted to the candidate, shall not be changed under any circumstances. While every effort will be made to allot a centre in the Test City opted by the candidate, the university reserves its right to allot a centre other than that of the candidate’s choice.
General: Question paper will be only in English. Questions are of objective type. Each question has 4 alternate answers. The correct answer has to be chosen and the appropriate oval should be shaded.
SRMJEEE – 2017 – Pattern of Question paper pattern
Part 1: Physics 35 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks 2 Part 2: Chemistry 35 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks 3 Part 3: Mathematics 35 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks 4 Part 4: Biology 50 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks 5 Negative mark of ‘1’ for every wrong answer in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and ‘0.7’ for every wrong answer in biology 6 Total weightage 315 marks
The syllabus of SRMEEE 2017 for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics section is very close to that of class 11th and 12th. Candidates must check it by accessing the link above, as it will provide a clear idea about the important and the not so important chapter.
|Andaman & Nicobar Island||Port Blair|
|Goa||Goa ( Panaji )|
SRMJEEE 2017 Result
The Amrita University will announce the result of the engineering entrance examination on the official website. The candidates will be able to check it by clicking on the link here and entering the Registration Number and Date of Birth in the SRMJEEE 2017 result portal.
The result will state the score and the merit of the candidate. The score will be determined as per the marking scheme of the examination, whereas, the merit will be calculated on the basis of the secured marks.
SRMJEEE 2017 Counselling
The counselling of AEEE 2017 will be held for the merit holders. In it, the seats will be allocated to them. For the counselling, the call letters will be published on the official website after the announcement of the result. In the letter, candidates will be informed about the counselling date, venue and other details. The seat allocation will be done in multiple rounds the counselling.
SRM University – Ramapuram Campus,
Bharathi Salai, Ramapuram,
Chennai – 600 089
Fax : 044-30603092
Mob. : +919842916830