SRM University Vadapalani Campus Admission 2017
Established Year: 1985
SRM University is one of the top ranking universities in India with over 20,000 students and 1,500 faculty, offering a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in Engineering, Management, Medicine and Health sciences, Science and Humanities. Accredited by NAAC (2006-2011) and now in the process of re-accreditation. The Ramapuram Campus is the second campus of SRM University and is located at Ramapuram, Chennai. It houses three colleges, the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, SRM Dental College, and Easwari Engineering College. It also provides Bachelor of Architecture, MBA and Master of Technology courses. It occupies 30 acres of land and also has an SRM Hospital on site.
Campus is enabled with Wi Fi facility. All class rooms are equipped with centralized Air conditioning, LCD projectors, and ergonomic designed sitting tables for students. Campus has the corporate ambience. All the laboratories are equipped to meet the standards of engineering education which will definitely kindle innovation and research in the young minds leading to all round development
The library is the art of the academic centre at SRM University, Vadapalani Campus. It is designed to meet the information needs of SRM University community.
Library has large collections of books, CD’s, Journals and Magazines covering various branches of Engineering & Technology, Science and Humanities and its related fields
The library is located in ‘C’ block, 1st floor, ‘D’ wing covering 7500 sq.ft. area with seating capacity of 150 members. It is fully air – conditioned.
Separate hostels for Men and Women are available. Students who are desirous of staying in the hostel are advised to contact Vadapalani Campus Office (C-Block).
- Men –Rs. 98,000/- p.a (For boarding, accommodation & transport)
DD should be drawn in favour of SRMIST payable at CHENNAI
Men’s hostel is located at Ramapuram & Virugambakkam, a few kms away from Vadapalani campus. University bus will be operated for the hostel boys to commute between respective boys hostel and Vadapalani Campus.
- Women(For accommodation and transport) – Rs. 55,000/- (Non – attached bath), Rs. 60,000/- (Attached bath)
DD should be drawn in favour of SRM HOSTELS payable at CHENNAI
University bus will be operated for the hostel girls to commute between Ramapuram Girls Hostel and Vadapalani Campus.
Women (For boarding) – Rs. 48,000/- p.a
DD should be drawn in favour of SRM GOOD FOODS payable at CHENNAI
- Clubs & Culture
- Student Development Activities
- Robotics Club
- Total Quality Management
NAAC Grade: A
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Master of Computer Application
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of English
- Department of Foreign Languages
- MBA Program
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Computer Applications
- Department of English
Why Join SRM University Vadapalani Campus:
- Provides placement with reputed companies
- Ranked 43rd among Top 100 Universities in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (MHRD) in 2016
- Scholarships for meritorious and deserving students
- Recognized by UGC
- Grade ‘A’ accreditation by NAAC and placed in ‘Category A’ by MHRD
- Tech in CE, EEE, ECE & ME and B.Tech in IT accredited courses by Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) and Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, USA respectively
- MOUs with foreign universities, institutions and industries for research, training, students/faculty exchange program etc.
- Flexible credit based system
- Opportunity to study abroad with semester abroad program
- Foreign visiting faculty from 14 countries and 10 currently teaching at the university
- Participates in research projects funded by agencies such as UNICEF, DBT, ISRO, ICMR etc.
- Promotes entrepreneurship and innovation among students
SRM University Vadapalani Campus Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
SRM Research Institute, a unit of the university, has been established to catalyze proactive applied research to help solve industry’s technical problems and is positioned to address and contribute to the market and society needs.
The goals of the research institute, in general, are to
- Publish papers in refereed International Journals and Conferences
- File patent applications in market-dependent countries
- Assert relationship with multi-national research labs
- Submit proposals to federal funding agencies.
The research institute works in a proactive manner to lay a foundation for work in a particular area and based on this foundational work, submits concrete proposals to corporate R&D labs and government funding agencies. The research institute is keen to offer applied research and development services and explicitly demonstrate the value added.
The Research Institute focuses on four domains.
- Domain of Education: Study, research, and develop tools and techniques to address the needs of a university, faculty members, students, and prospective students
- Domain of Wireless Healthcare: Study and propose solutions in the area of Telemedicine
- Domain of Multimedia: Study of comprehensive and supportive audio, video, and text processing
- Domain of Next Generation Networks: Study of next generation of networks and next generation services.
For B.Tech Program:
The admission will be purely on the basis of the performance in the SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) conducted by SRM University
The candidates short-listed based on their performance in the entrance examination will be called for the counseling to be held at the SRM University premises in Kattankulathur 603 203, Chennai
For B. Arch. Program
- Admission to B.Arch. program will be based on the aggregate of marks secured in the qualifying examination & NATA score
- The meritorious candidate list will be drawn giving 50% weightage to aggregate of marks secured in Engish and Maths & 50% weightage to NATA score
- Based on the ranking, admissions will be offered to the candidate.
- Admission to various programs in Health Sciences will be on the basis of the performance in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates short-listed based on their merit will be called for the counseling to be held at the SRM University premises in Kattankulathur – 603 203, Chennai.
SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) for B.Tech is common for SRM Group of Universities viz., SRM University
Application Applying to SRM is simple with following options:
OPTION 1: Apply online with e-payment.
OPTION 2: Fill the OMR form and send to us by safe means.
OPTION 3: Apply online using unique voucher code and relevant instructions
SRM University Vadapalani Campus Entrance Exam:
SRM University will conduct SRM Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) 2017 for the intake of the aspirants in UG engineering courses. Tentatively, the examination will be held the 3rd week of April 2016. The official notice, containing the dates and details of the exam, will be released the 4th week of October 2016.
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent and (a) For all programs: Minimum 65% aggregate in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry (b) For Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering and Genetic Engineering: Minimum 65% aggregate in Mathematics / Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- The applicant for admission should be a resident Indian national and
|Release of notification||4th week of October 2016|
|Application form availability||1st week of November 2016|
|Deadline for submitting the forms||4th week of March 2017|
|SRM University must receive the applications||4th week of March 2017|
|Opening of slot booking window||1st week of April 2017|
|Issuance of admit card||1st week of April 2017|
|AEEE 2017 will be conducted||3rd week of April 2017|
|Announcement of result||1st week of May 2017|
|Commencement of counselling||2nd week of June 2017|
How to Apply:
- Last date for receipt of lled-in application at the university ofce: 15th March 2016.
- Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
- Candidates are advised to retain a photo copy of the lled in application for future reference.
- The university will not be responsible for any postal delay, loss in postal transit or any irregularity
- Candidates should browse for all the details at www.srmuniv.ac.in during a specic period and choose the examination slot. The Centre of Examination and the session, once allotted to the candidate, shall not be changed under any circumstances. While every effort will be made to allot a centre in the Test City opted by the candidate, the university reserves its right to allot a centre other than that of the candidate’s choice.
General: Question paper will be only in English. Questions are of objective type. Each question has 4 alternate answers. The correct answer has to be chosen and the appropriate oval should be shaded.
SRMJEEE – 2016 – Pattern of Question paper pattern
Part 1: Physics 35 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks 2 Part 2: Chemistry 35 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks 3 Part 3: Mathematics 35 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks 4 Part 4: Biology 50 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks 5 Negative mark of ‘1’ for every wrong answer in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and ‘0.7’ for every wrong answer in biology 6 Total weightage 315 marks
The syllabus of SRMEEE 2017 for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics section is very close to that of class 11th and 12th. Candidates must check it by accessing the link above, as it will provide a clear idea about the important and the not so important chapter.
|Andaman & Nicobar Island||Port Blair|
|Goa||Goa ( Panaji )|
SRMJEEE 2017 Result
The Amrita University will announce the result of the engineering entrance examination on the official website. The candidates will be able to check it by clicking on the link here and entering the Registration Number and Date of Birth in the SRMJEEE 2017 result portal.
The result will state the score and the merit of the candidate. The score will be determined as per the marking scheme of the examination, whereas, the merit will be calculated on the basis of the secured marks.
SRMJEEE 2017 Counselling
The counselling of AEEE 2017 will be held for the merit holders. In it, the seats will be allocated to them. For the counselling, the call letters will be published on the official website after the announcement of the result. In the letter, candidates will be informed about the counselling date, venue and other details. The seat allocation will be done in multiple rounds the counselling.
No.1, Jawaharlal Nehru Road,
(100 feet Road, Near Vadapalani Signal),
Chennai – 600 026.
Phone: +91-44-4396 9966, +91-44-4396 9967