Vels University Admission 2017
Established Year: 1992
Established with the aim of transforming an individual into a complete man with character and ability committed to national service and development. The trust was founded by Dr. Ishari K Ganesh, M.Com, MBA, B.L, Ph.D, a visionary and an eminent educationist, in fond memory of his father Shri.Isari Velan, a former minister in the popular Govt. of Dr. MGR. Vael’s Educational Trust has always served to take education to the thresholds of first generation learners and weaker sections of the society.
The University status was conferred to Vel’s Group of Institutions, by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. As a logical consequence of this, the founder Chairman Dr.Ishari K.Ganesh has become the President/Chancellor and now he leads the implementation of strategic plan that aims to shape the institute’s future growth. He visualizes an University which will be globally more competitive and internationally recognized institution.
The University is governed by Governing Board or otherwise known as Board of Management and this is the highest statutory body of this University. The members of this Board is drawn from various agencies. The Board has members representing University Grants Commission, Govt. of India, Industry, Eminent persons out side Academia, Senior Academic persons and senior officials of the University. The President/Chancellor is the Chairman of the Board and the board meets periodically to frame policies and programmes for the growth and improvement of VISTAS.
A striking feature of this University is well-planned and comprehensive, infrastructure provided to the students and faculty. They are:-
- Spacious Lecture Halls
- Well equipped state-of-the-art Laboratories
- Air-Conditioned Computer Training Centre
- Modern Conference Halls
- Well-equipped Digital Library
- Audio / Visual Communication Aids
- Fully Air-conditioned Auditorium
- Broadband Internet Connectivity – 2 Mbps
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Free Clinic
- ATM facilities
- Well organized Transport
- Power Supply: To ensure continuous supply, HT power supply is maintained specifically for University. To overcome unexpected power failures, two separate generators with capacity of 200 kw & 400 kw were installed in the campus.
Vels University Library building spans over an area of 20,000 sq. ft. It has a seating capacity of 400 persons and follows Open Access System blended with State-of-the art facilities. The library houses a collection of 1,00,549 books and 8,645 back volumes. It subscribes to more than 328 Periodicals (National & International), 11,717+ E-journals, 1,08,438 E-Books, 3,590 Dissertations, 4,766 Audio – Visual resources. Our vision is to provide world-class knowledge resources that not only cater to the curricular requirements but also provide intellectual enquiry and research. We have a separate library for Maritime Studies at Thalambur having built up area of 3,000 sq. ft and more than 5,000 books.
The transactions of the library are fully automated and automation covers the entire gamut of library activities such as acquisition, circulation with provision for renewal, reservation, serial control, OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue), and generating various types of reports and statistics.
Besides the Central Library, each School has its own Library with technical books and journals.
- Stack Area I: It contains more than 87,053 books on Arts, Science & Technology, Paramedical, Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Directories, Thesaurus, Year Books, Glossaries, Maps and Atlases.
- Stack Area II: It contains more than 1,500 books for students to prepare for the various Competitive Examinations and Student Project Reports.
- Reference Section: This section has over 11,659 books in various disciplines.
- Periodical Section: This section over 8,645 Back Volumes of Scientific and Technical periodicals. It also contains 328 Periodicals from various Professional Societies.
- Digital Library: It facilitates access to Electronic Information Services to ensure that the information needs of our Students, Faculty and Staff are met. Staff and Students can access E-journals fromIEEE/IEL, ASME, ASCE, EBSCO (Academic Search complete & Business Source Elite), ProQuest, BENTHAM Science Pharmacy, MICROMEDEX’S DRUGDEX SYSTEM, INVENTI Online, NATURE Online, Law finder, NPTEL Course Material and Ebrary E Books complete collection.
- Audio – Video Conference Hall: It houses LCD and Pentium Systems with Internet. It will be used for the presentation of audio visuals available in the library or in selective cases brought from the other libraries also.
- Reprographic Section: It provides copier facility for the benefit of those who access the Library.
There are separate hostels for men and women within the campus itself. The management fixes the room rent and establishment charges reasonably. Laundry facility is also available to the students on chargeable basis. A fully qualified Medical Attendant is available at the campus. Medical and hospital facilities are available at Pallavaram and the cost of the same would have to be met by the students. Mess and Canteen facility is available for the inmates at reasonable rates.
The University has vast and well laid out tracks. Excellent facilities are offered for all the indoor and outdoor games. The students get excellent training by a qualified Physical Director and his team of assistants. The students are encouraged to participate in various inter collegiate competitions to exhibit their talents and win medals and trophies. Vel’s Sports Academy is functioning to promote sports and games.
|B.E. (Civil Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Marine Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)||4 Years|
|Diploma in Marine Engineering||3 Years|
|Graduate Marine Engineering (GME)||1 Years|
|M.E. (Automobile Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Communication Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Computer Integrated Manufacturing)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Computer Science and Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Construction Engineering and Management)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Power Electronics and Drives)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Structural Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.Tech. (Infrastructure Engineering and Construction Management)||2 Years|
Information Technology Courses
|B.E. (Computer Science and Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Sc. (Information Technology)||3 Years|
|M.E. (Embedded Systems)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Information Technology)||2 Years|
|B.B.A. + M.B.A.||5 Years|
|B.Sc. (Catering Science and Hotel Management)||3 Years|
|Diploma in Hotel Management||3 Years|
|Diploma in Hotel Mangement and Catering Technology||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Executive)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Finance)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Health Care Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Human Resource Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Logistics & Shipping Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Marketing)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Systems Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Travel & Tourism)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Biotechnology & Management)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Hotel & Catering Management)||2 Years|
Why Join Vels University:
- More than 93% placement record
- Scholarships for meritorious students worth up to 7.5 crores
- Deemed University by UGC
- Partnership with many institutions for research and student exchange programs
- Promotes research among faculty members, research scholars and students
- Conducts seminars, conferences, workshops and symposium
- Provides laptop
Vels University Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
- Separate training and placement cell
- The cell besides conducting Industry based aptitude tests, Group Discussions, Mock HR interviews provides career counselling for every student
- A major initiative has been taken to have collaboration with Data Storage Institute, Singapore to facilitate international placement and training
- Provides placements in highly reputed companies
Top recruitment Companys:
- Domino’s Pizza
- Cafe Coffee Day
- Taj Hotel Resorts and Palaces
- Admissions to various academic programmes are organised on all India basis
- Advertisement in leading dailies
- Application and Prospectus – direct sales and through website
- Registration of candidates in eligible courses
- Preparation of Rank list and checking eligibility (Departments concerned)
- Medical Examinations (Maritime Studies)
- Provisional selection based on the basis of merit (as per Central Govt. reservation norms) irrespective of region, caste, creed or sex.
- Interview cards sent to applicants
- Issue of admission cards and payment of fees
For the all the Professional courses admissions are based on marks scored in entrance examination and qualifying examinations.
Vels University Entrance Exam:
About the Exam:
VEE 2017 – Vels University will conduct vels Entrance Examination (VEE) 2017 for the intake of the aspirants in UG engineering courses. Tentatively, the examination will be held the 3rd week of April 2016. The official notice, containing the dates and details of the exam, will be released the 4th week of October 2016.
The VEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria to be satisfied is as mentioned below:
- The candidate must have been born on or after 1 July 1996.
- The candidate should have qualified the 10+2/equivalent examination.
- In the qualifying exam, the candidates must have secure 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Along this, individually in these subjects, the candidates must have also secured at least 55% marks.
- Candidates withholding three years Diploma in Engineering degree, as awarded by State Board of Technical Education, with 60% marks may also apply.
|Release of notification||4th week of October 2016|
|Application form availability||1st week of November 2016|
|Deadline for submitting the forms||4th week of March 2017|
|Vels University must receive the applications||4th week of March 2017|
|Opening of slot booking window||1st week of April 2017|
|Issuance of admit card||1st week of April 2017|
|AEEE 2017 will be conducted||3rd week of April 2017|
|Announcement of result||1st week of May 2017|
|Commencement of counselling||2nd week of June 2017|
How to Apply:
- Fill out the application form with accurate information.
- All fields marked with an asterisk (*) is mandatory to submit your application.
- Please ensure to use a correct email address and contact no. This also allows us to contact you via email with important updates, wherever necessary.
- Once your application form is duly filled, your account is automatically created. Your email ID will be your username.
- You can login to your account as many times as needed to continue or modify your application within 30 days.
- A payment to be made toward the application fee can be made using the following methods :
- Pay online directly by using your debit/credit cards or net banking
- Pay by DD favouring ‘Vels University payable at Chennai’ and addressed to “The Registrar, Vels University, Velan Nagar, P.V. Vaithialingam Road, Pallavaram, Chennai – 600 117”.
- Your application will be processed once we have received your application fee.
- If you want to apply for more than 1 course, then pls fill up the application form a second time and follow the same steps as above.
- If you have questions about the application process, please call 0 7305 111 222.
- For any other queries please send an email to email@example.com
The exam pattern of VEE 2017 will be as below:
- The examination will be held in online and offline mode.
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The candidates will have to solve 100 multiple choice questions.
- The questions will be asked form Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. Only the Mathematics section will carry 40 questions, rest will have 30 questions each.
- 3 marks will be given for a correct answer and negative marking of 1 mark will be done for incorrect answers.
The syllabus of VEE 2017 for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics section is very close to that of class 11th and 12th. Candidates must check it by accessing the link above, as it will provide a clear idea about the important and the not so important chapter.
VEE 2017 Result
The Amrita University will announce the result of the engineering entrance examination on the official website. The candidates will be able to check it by clicking on the link here and entering the Registration Number and Date of Birth in the AEEE 2017 result portal.
The result will state the score and the merit of the candidate. The score will be determined as per the marking scheme of the examination, whereas, the merit will be calculated on the basis of the secured marks.
VEE 2017 Counselling
The counselling of AEEE 2017 will be held for the merit holders. In it, the seats will be allocated to them. For the counselling, the call letters will be published on the official website after the announcement of the result. In the letter, candidates will be informed about the counselling date, venue and other details. The seat allocation will be done in multiple rounds the counselling.
V. Vaithiyalingam Road,Pallavaram
Chennai – 600 117
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: + 91 – 44 – 2266 2500 / 2501 / 2502 / 2503
Admission Helpline: + 91 – 44 – 3362 4444
Fax: + 91 – 44 – 2266 2513