VIT University Admission 2017
Established in 2010
VIT University was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis. The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe. Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students. The global standards set at VIT in the field of teaching and research spur us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence. In fact, it has become a way of life for us. The highly motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride. Our Memoranda of Understanding with various international universities are our major strength. They provide for an exchange of students and faculty and encourage joint research projects for the mutual benefit of these universities. Many of our students, who pursue their research projects in foreign universities, bring high quality to their work and esteem to India and have done us proud. With steady steps, we continue our march forward. We look forward to meeting you here at VIT.
Facilities & Infrastructure
VIT campus is spread across a vast area of 250 acres. A striking feature of VIT is the well- planned and comprehensive infrastructure provided for both students and faculty. Fully furnished and well-equipped labs decorate every building in the University with over 55 servers to manage all the data transmissions. Moreover, the university is blessed with ample features that support all kinds of events – Auditoriums, plush open spaces, outdoor stages and much more.
A striking feature of VIT is the well-planned and comprehensive infrastructure provided for both students and faculty. There are seven academic blocks in VIT which are extremely specialised in their own particular field, namely- MB, GDN, CDMM, SMV, CBMR, TT and SJT. The layout has been excellently planned to make the maximum utilisation of the 250 acre campus. The idea behind these separate blocks is to make every block equipped with the necessary amenities whilst providing the perfect atmosphere for both studies and research.
23 hostels are located in VIT campus. There are 17 Men’s Hostels, which accommodate 13000 students in single, double, Three, four bedded and six bedded rooms. A gym facility is also attached with a well maintained swimming pool. The 6 Women’s Hostels have room for 4300 students. Women students have access to gym facilities and a newly built swimming pool inside one of these hostel premises. Individual metering service for those who want A/C facilities is also provided. Optional washing services are provided in well maintained separate washing areas.
A spacious Visitors’ Lounge has recently been added for the benefit of visiting parents/guardians, supplementing the residential guest house facilities available. The spotlessly maintained and spacious vegetarian and non-vegetarian dining halls in the hostels serve wholesome, nutritious food with the help of a unique steam cooking facility. Foreign students can also choose from a limited list of special food items. A Chinese mess is functioning separately.
For those who want a change, a variety of hygienic food facilities are available on campus. A popular eating spot is the 600 square meters Food Court, that serves delicious non-vegetarian and vegetarian food at reasonable prices. Fast food outlets are also attached to both the Men’s and Women’s Hostels.
(c) Other Facilities
- Library stocked with technical books and journals
- Smart classrooms with LCD projectors
- State-of-art laboratory with trained technical staff
- Transportation facility available
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Outdoor sports facility include track and field, badminton, ball badminton, basketball, cricket, cricket practice net, handball, tennis, throw ball, volleyball and indoor sports facility include gymnasium, chess, carrom, table tennis, weight lifting
- Secured the 8th National position (India Today 2010) among the Engineering Institutions in India
- First educational institution to be honoured with the TVN-KIDAO-NIQR award instituted by the National Institute of Quality and Reliability (NIQR),for maintaining exceptional quality
- First educational institution in India to be awarded International Organization for Standardization 9002 certificate for three years by the Det Norske Veritas (DNV) of Netherlands for management of the cultural festival ‘Riviera’ in 2011
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech + M.Tech in Software Engineering, 5 Years
- Information Technology
- Master of Computer Applications, 3 Years
Why Join VIT University
- Placement provided with reputed companies
- Deemed University and UGC recognized
- Accredited by NAAC
- MoU’s with various international universities for exchange programs and joint research projects
- Members with professional bodies like IEEE, ISE, CSI, ACM, etc.
VIT University Fees Structure 2017 Call 9533390009
- Consistent placement records for several years among private institutions in India
- Dream offer option allows already placed students to get one more offer from a core company or a software company that offered a better package/profile
- Companies like Flipkart, Intel, Amazon, Akamai, Cisco, De Shaw, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle, Google, KLA Tencor, Dolcera recruited students through the “Dream Offer” with packages of more than Rs.7,00,000 per annum
- VIT organizes campus recruitment for VIT Chinese and other foreign students with companies like Cognizant, TCS, HSBC, KPIT Cummins, Murugappa etc., who have recruited these students for their Chinese operations
- Prepare students to face campus interviews by arranging training in aptitude tests, group discussions, preparing for technical and HR interviews through professional trainers and VIT alumni
VIT University Entrance Exam
VITEEE – 2017
VITEEE – 2017 – Online / Offline Application forms will be available from the Second week of November 2016.
No Negative marks for wrong answers. Candidate appearing in PCME is eligible for all the 18 B.Tech. Engineering programmes / Candidates appearing in PCBE is eligible for only 3 B.Tech. Bio-stream Engineering programmes.
‘NIOS’ candidates are eligible to appear for VITEEE-2017. (They should produce Migration cum Transfer Certificate as a proof of student of NIOS Board)
NRI candidates are also eligible to apply for VITEEE-2017, apart from applying through direct NRI form.
PIO and OCI holder are also eligible to apply for VITEEE-2017. (Foreign Candidates studied/studying in abroad can apply directly through foreign category only).
|Application will be available from||2nd week of November 2016|
|Last date to apply||3rd week of March 2016|
|Admit card availability from||During slot booking|
|VITEEE 2017 Exam Date||5th April to 16th April 2017|
|Result declaration||On or before 24th April 2017|
|Counselling starts from||2nd week of May 2017|
VITEEE 2017 Schedule
- VITEEE 2017 will be conducted from5th April 2017 to 16th April 2017
- Duration of VIT Engineering Entrance Examination will be2 hours 30 minutes.
- Examination will have 3 sessions per day
|Session I||9:00 AM to 11:30 AM|
|Session II||12:30 PM to 3:00 PM|
|Session III||4:00 PM to 6:30 PM|
- Candidates bornon or after 1st July 1995 will be eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have60% marks in aggregate (PCB/PCM) in the qualifying examination (10+2/Intermediate).
- Candidates belong toSC/ST category or North Eastern States are required to obtain 50% marks in aggregate (PCM/PCB) in 12th
- Candidate who have studied in Full Time, Regular and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- “NIOS”Candidates will also be eligible.
The admission will be given on the basis of the candidate’s performance in VITEEE 2017. If any of the candidates has not given or applied for VITEEE then he/she will not be eligible for getting admission into VIT University. This examination is must to be given. Candidates who have given good performance in the written examination, they will be called for personal interview and counselling sessions.
VITEEE 2017 Application Form
Candidates can register themselves by accessing the official website. From there one can register themselves by entering their valid email ID and contact details. Candidates are suggested to go through all instructions and then fill the details accurately. After that you will have to upload the scanned photograph and signature and lastly clear the payment section. Once everything is done, you can recheck the form and lastly submit it. Once the registration / application form is submitted then you will be provided an application number.
If you want to submit the form via offline mode then you can just send the filled application form along with DD receipt and all mandatory details to The Director – UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore – 632014, Tamil Nadu, India. Complete details for how to apply for VITEEE 2017
- Cost of OMR Application Form- 990/-
- Cost of Online Application Form- 970/-
The examination paper will be having the multiple choice question format. The examination will be conducted for two and half hours. There will be total 125 questions and four sections that are Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English. Each section will be having 40 questions. For each correct answer, one mark will be given and for each wrong answer, zero mark will be deducted.
Here you can find VITEEE Exam Pattern details:
|Subject||No of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The admit cards can be downloaded online from March 2017 onwards. The admit card is an important document to bring in the examination hall, without it the applicants will not be allowed to write the examination. VITEEE 2017 Admit cards will be released on official website of University.
Note- Given schedule is tentative, final dates for VITEEE 2017 will be updated after release of official notice.
VIT University Chennai
- Kelambakkam,Tamil Nadu
- Estd :2010
- E-mail :firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact :044-39931555