Arulmigu Meenakshi Amman College Of Engineering Admission 2018
Arulmigu Meenakshi Amman College of Engineering was established in the year 1985, to impart Quality technical education to students from across the country and every strata of the society. AMACE is a Centre of National Excellence in Engineering and Technology Education under the management of Meenakshi Ammal Trust. The trust is made up of eminent personalities from different walks of life such as education and administration.
- Air conditioned library for 150 students at a time with collection of more than 75293 volumes of books, 118 national journals, 93 international journals and equipped with digital resources such as ASCE, IEEE, IET, DELNET
- A fleet of 10 buses is maintained for the transportation purpose
- Medical facility available with free medicines provided to sick students
- Separate gym facility is available for boys and girls
- Well-equipped laboratory for every department
- Various societies and associations for students such as NSS, NCC, Youth Red Cross Society, Red Ribbon Society
A library is the heart of an academic institution. Our institution Library is located near the entrance of the college and functioning in a separate two storied building having a built up area of 1257 Sqm and it has a seating capacity of 150 with air conditioning. The library has more than 75,293 volumes of books covering all disciplines of Engineering and Technology, Management, Architecture, Science & Humanities.
The Central library currently subscribes 118 print versions of National journals and 93 print versions of International Journals. Apart from the print version of the journals the library provides On-line access to a large number of full-text e- journals from ASCE Journals, IEL online (IEEE & IET), and Open Access E-Journals under the DELNET membership.
Health and Fitness Center Facility
- Medical facility available with free medicines provided to sick students.
- Medical Lab facility also available.
- Well equipped Gym for Girls (separately).
- Well equipped Gym for Boys (separately).
For Students to stay Fit and Healthy, all hostels are equipped with Gym and Fitness centre facilities – Treadmill, Exercise Bikes and more of the latest fitness equipment.
- The Central Gym for men is equipped with Body Building Equipments.
- All Gyms and Fitness centers are open both in the Morning and Evening hours.
A Healthy Body and a Healthy Mind with Yoga
Yoga sessions are conducted for students to help them maintain both Healthy Mind and Body.
- B.Tech in Biotechnology, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E. in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
- B.E. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech (Lateral Entry), 3 Years
- B.E. (Lateral Entry), 3 Years
- B.Arch, 5 Years
- Master of Computer Applications, 3 Years
- MCA, 3 Years
- MSc Information Technology, 4 Years
- Master of Business Administration, 3 Years
- M.E., 2 Years
Why join Arulmigu Meenakshi Amman College Of Engineering
- Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and approved by AICTE
- An ISO 9001:2008 certified institution
- MoU with CADD Centre and CAD Tech Point for Software Training & Seminar
- Organizes periodic industrial visits to reputed companies
- Conducts Seminars on regular basis to keep in touch with the recent trends in the Higher education scenario by resource persons from United States Educational Foundation in India (USEFI)
- Provides certified networking courses including CISCO certified network associate, Microsoft certified professional and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Arulmigu Meenakshi Amman College Of Engineering Fees Structure 2018
We have full-fledged Placement cell, which monitors the employment opportunities and arrange campus interviews for the final year students.
- Our Campus recruitment program starts by the beginning of the Pre-Final semester.
- The On Campus recruitment program keeps continuing till the end of their final semester.
- And after that we will be helping our students by arranging Off-Campus Interviews also.
- We do not encourage the students, those who are placed through campus selection in a company to attend the further campus interviews.
- The students those who have the plan to proceed for Higher Study will not be allowed to appear for the Campus Recruitments.
- Our management is having a strong policy to not to encourage the companies doing Education & Training activities to attract the students in the name of placement orders.
Eligibility for I Year B.E./B.Tech programmes
- A pass in HSE (academic stream) /CBSE/Pre-degree/Plus 2 equivalent school study with minimum eligibility in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry (Or)
- Pass in HSC (vocational stream) with Engineering / Technology as vocational subjects and any 1 or 2 of the related subjects like Maths, Physics, Chemistry (Or)
- Any equivalent qualification approved and recognised by the State Board of Technical Education and Training / Higher Secondary Board of Tamil Nadu and Universities in Tamil Nadu.
Arulmigu Meenakshi Amman College Of Engineering Entrance exam
Institute admits students in its undergraduate B>E/B.Tech programs through TNEA
About the Exam:
Anna University will conduct TNEA 2018 counselling for admission to UG engineering programmes at participating universities tentatively in last week of June. Admission to engineering programmes will be based on marks obtained by candidates in PCM in the qualifying examination. No separate entrance exam will be held. To account for variations in difficulty level of different state boards to that of the State Board of Tamil Nadu, the marks obtained by other state candidates will be normalized. Additionally, the total marks will be reduced to 200 (from 300) for preparing the merit list. Candidates who meet the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will be called for counselling round. Counselling of TNEA will be single window process.
TNEA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of TNEA 2018 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2018 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2018|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2018|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2018|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2018|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2018|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2018|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2018. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2018
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2018
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2018 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2018
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2018 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2018 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2018)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2018
The TNEA 2018 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2018 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2018, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2018 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2018
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2018
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2018 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2018 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
Vadamavandal (Near Kanchipuram),
Tamil Nadu, India- 604410
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://amace.edu.in/