BS Abdur Rahman University Admission 2018
B.S. Abdur Rahman University, Vandalur, Chennai-600 048, (formerly B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College) has been established under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. The University is located in the outskirts of Chennai city on the G.S.T. Road, (Chennai-Trichy National Highway) 7 km from Tambaram and 2 km from Vandalur Railway Station and 17 km from the International Airport. Being adjacent to the Arignar Anna Zoological Park, it is easily accessible by city buses.
B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College, which has now been upgraded as B.S Abdur Rahman University, was an institution acclaimed throughout India for its quality in teaching and research. Being one of the largest engineering institutions in India, it lays emphasis on innovative research, investment in high-quality facilities and first-rate infrastructure. By making use of the latest technologies and quality teaching, the college is able to offer a wide choice of interdisciplinary degrees in engineering which has enabled students to gain accolades in the global level. It is one of the few institutions with all the UG and PG programmes approved by AICTE and accredited by the National Board of Accreditation. This has been upgraded to university status with a view to keep academic in pace with development in industry. Modern hostel facilities are available for men and women students separately within the University campus.
The Library was started in the year 1984 as Crescent Engineering College, after serving 25 years, it became University Library in the year 2009.
The Central Library of B.S.Abdur Rahman University has huge collections in the field of Science, Engineering and Technology, Management and Humanities.
The Library functions 12 hours in a day and Saturdays and Sundays also the library is working. The library is member of DELNET (Developing Library Network), MALIBNET (Madras Library Network), British Council Division, Anna University – Chennai, American Information Resource Centre and Structural Engineering Resource Centre. The Library is also a member of National Digital Library (https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/) , under the mission of National Knowledge Network. The Library enrolled its membership in Shodhganga (http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/) to upload PhD thesis.
The Library is subscribing online journals such as ASCE, ASME, IEEE, EBSCO Art & Architecture, EBSCO Business Source Complete, ELSEVIER, and SPRINGER publications. All these resources can be accessed anywhere in the world by 24×7 through Knimbus database. The Library has the facility to check plagiarism through Turnitin. Library conducts ‘Annual Book Exhibition’, regularly, which enable our staff, research scholars and students to go through hundreds of titles of their area of interest under one roof.
- Well stocked library
- Well maintained labs
- Community hall
- Convention Center
- Computer center
- Health center
- Outdoor game courts
- Optional bus facility and fee for non AC bus is INR 25000/- and for AC bus is INR 35000/- per anunum and much more…
- curriculum and syllabi on par with International standards
- Outcome based teaching and learning
- Project / activity / experiential based learning
NAAC Grade: “A”
- Ranked 3rd among the Engineering Institutions in Tamil Nadu in “Teaching, Learning and Resources” by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), MHRD.
- Ranked No.15 among the Private Engineering Institutions in India by NIRF.
- Track record of 32 years of Excellence in offering Engineering, Science and Management programmes.
B.S Abdur Rahman University has an exclusive placement and training cell headed by Mr. Mohamed Tajudeen. Every year, the process is streamlined as per convenience of students and recruiters. The placement process begins with Pre- Placement talks by companies, usually scheduled in the month of August and the placement process commences from the month of September. Participation by a large number of reputed organizations year-after-year for recruitment bears testimony to the reputation companies have for the institution.
The primary function of the placement office is three fold, the first and foremost is creating awareness about the placement process through a series of awareness programmes. The next task is to train them to face the forthcoming placement seasons through a set of placement training through experts in the sector. The last but the most important function is to streamline the as per convenience of students and recruiters. The placement process begins with Pre- Placement talks by companies, usually scheduled in the month of August and the placement process commences from the month of September. An elaborate slotting criteria is used to slot the companies for the placement process
In the academic year 2013_14, 353 students have been placed through campus recruitments. In the academic year 2014_15, 433 students have got placed and in the current academic year 2015_16, 516 * students have got placed (* still the recruitment process is on progress). There is a constant increase in the number of companies visiting the institution and the number of students being placed.
B.Tech, 4 Years
B.Tech in Automobile Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Polymer Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Biotechnology, 4 Years
B.Tech in Cancer Biotechnology, 4 Years
B.Arch, 5 Years
M.Tech in Structural Engineering, 2 Years
M.Tech in Data and Store Management, 2 Years
M.Tech in Information Security and Digital Forensics, 2 Years
M.Tech in Network Security, 2 Years
M.Tech in Computer & Predictive Analysis, 2 Years
M.Tech in Software Engineering, 2 Years
M.Tech in Information Technology, 2 Years
M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, 2 Years
M.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 2 Years
M.Tech in Signal Processing, 2 Years
M.Tech in VLSI & Embedded Systems Engineering, 2 Years
M.Tech in Communication Systems, 2 Years
M.Tech in Power Electronic and Drives, 2 Years
M.Tech in Power System Engineering, 2 Years
M.Tech in Construction Engineering and Project Management, 2 Years
M.Tech in CAD/CAM, 2 Years
M.Tech in Manufacturing Engineering, 2 Years
M.Tech in Polymer Technology, 2 Years
M.Sc in Chemistry, 2 Years
M.Sc. in Actuarial Science, 2 Years
M.Sc in Microbiology, 2 Years
M.Sc in Bio Technology, 2 Years
M.Sc in Genetics, 2 Years
M.Sc in Molecular Biology, 2 Years
M.Sc in Bio Chemistry, 2 Years
M.Sc in Physics, 2 Years
M.Sc in Material Science, 2 Years
M.Sc in Electronics, 2 Years
B.S.Abdur Rahman University Fees Structure 2017
Candidates should have passed 12th standard examination conducted by State Board / CBSE / ICSE or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. For Biotechnology and Cancer Biotechnology programmes, Minimum 60% aggregate in Mathematics / Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
Candidates should have appeared for the Engineering Entrance Examination (BSAUEEE 2016) conducted by the University or should have a valid score in JEE (Main).
Students appearing for 10+2 examination in March /April 2016 are also eligible to apply.
Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full time and Formal Education alone are eligible to apply.
Age Limit: Candidates date of birth should fall on or after 1st July 1994.
BS Abdur Rahman University Entrance Exam
About the Exam:
BSAUEEE 2018, designated as B.S. Abdur Rahman University Engineering Entrance Test 2018, is an online entrance test conducted by B.S. Abdur Rahman University. The test facilitates candidates in getting admission into the engineering programs being offered by the university.
- BSAUEEE 2018 is held once in a year, expected in 3rd week of April 2018.
- Application forms for BSAUEEE 2018 will start in only online mode in January 2018.
- Admit card for BSAUEEE 2018 will be available at official website from 3rd week of April 2018.
- Candidate needs to have passed Class 12 with at least 50%marks to be able to be eligible to appear in BSAUEEE 2018.
- BSAUEEE 2018 will have 100 MCQs which candidate needs to solve in 2 hours.
- Syllabus of BSAUEEE 2018 will have subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- Result of BSAUEEE 2018 is expected to be declared in June 2018 on the official website.
- Candidates will be given admission only if they appear in the counselling process, which is expected to happen in July 2018.
- Candidates should have passed 12th standard examination conducted by State Board / CBSE / ICSE or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. For Biotechnology a Minimum 70% aggregate in Mathematics (or) Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidates should have appeared for the Engineering Entrance Examination (BSAUEEE 2017) conducted by the University or should have a valid score in JEE (Main).
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full time and Formal Education alone are eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Candidates date of birth should fall on or after 1st July 1995.
|1.||Start date for issue of application form||Last week of January 2018|
|2.||End date for filling of application form||Third week of April 2018|
|3.||Entrance Exam date (Chennai)||Third- Fourth week of April 2018|
|4.||Entrance exam at other centres||Fourth week of April 2018|
|5.||Slot booking||Second week of April 2018|
|6||Admit Card||Second week of April 2018|
|7.||BSAUEEE Result||Second week of May 2018|
|8.||Counselling of BSAUEEE||First week of June 2018|
How to Apply:
The application form of BSAUEEE 2018 will be available tentatively in the last week of January 2018. Candidates need to follow the following steps while filling the BSAUEEE 2018 application form.
Step 1- Registration- Candidates will have to register by clicking on the “I agree button after they have read the terms and conditions.
Step 2- Fill the application form- Candidates will have to mention the following details in the BSAUEEE 2018 application form:
- Personal details
- Preference of course
- Address for communication
- Academic qualification
- Marks scored in the qualifying exam
- Upload the pictures
Step 3-Save and Continue- After filling all the details in the application form of BSAUEEE 2018, candidates can save and continue.
Step 4- Generation of password- Candidates must select the password, answer the hint questions and then click on the submit button. Candidates will get to see their unique BSAUEEE id. This can be used by the candidates for future correspondence.
Step 5- Mode of payment of application fee- Candidates can pay the application fee of BSAUEEE 2018 either in online mode or through demand draft. They can also pay the application fee of Rs 750 at the counter of the B.S. Abdur Rahman University Campus.
- Demand Draft- Candidates have to choose the payment mode in “make payment” and then click on the “ submit” button. Candidates will have to take a print out of the payment advice, sign in and send it along with the DD (write your Name and Cresent ID behind the demand draft) and print out of Application to:Online payments- Candidates can pay the fee of Rs 750 either by using the debit card, credit card or through internet banking.
Step 6- Submission of the BSAUEEE 2018 application form – Candidates will be able to submit the BSAUEEE application form only after they have paid the fee. Candidates must take a print out of the application form and mail it at the address that is given above.
Candidates will be able to access the admit card of BSAUEEE 2018 after they have booked the slot for BSAUEEE 2018. The admit card of BSAUEEE will comprise of the details that are given below:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number of the candidate
- Date of exam
- Roll number
- Address of the exam centre
- Scanned image of the candidate
It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the BSAUEEE 2018 admit card with them to the exam centre. Candidates must keep the admit card of BSAUEEE safely for future reference.
Exam Pattern for BSAUEEE 2018 is to be decided by B.S. Abdur Rahman University and can change from year to year.
According to the current pattern, BSAUEEE 2018 is expected to have 100 questions which will carry 100 marks. Questions will be of MCQ type and exam will be held in online mode. Candidate will be allotted a total duration of 2 hours to complete the examination.
Following table may give a better view on the exam pattern for BSAUEEE 2018: –
|Section||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|C||Mathematics or Biology||50||50|
Candidates must be well aware about the syllabus of BSAUEEE 2018 as it will give them an idea about the topics from where the questions will be asked in the BSAUEEE 2018. Knowing the syllabus of BSAUEEE 2018 will help the students to strategise their preparation
The exam centres of BSAUEEE 2018 are the venues where the BSAUEEE exam will be conducted. Candidates can check the tentative list of cities where the exam will be conducted and the name of the test centre.
Names of Test Centres of BSAUEEE 2018
|S.No||Test City||Centre Name|
|1||Bengaluru||Linova Info Private Limited|
|2||Calicut||G Tec College For Advanced Studies|
|3||Chennai||B.S. Abdur Rahman University|
|4||Coimbatore||Star I Net Browsing Center|
|5||Dharmapuri||ERK Arts & Science College|
|8||Madurai||Venus Computer Education|
|9||Nagapattinam||Nagore Crescent Matric. Hr. Sec. School For Girls M|
|10||Nellore||Cat Computer Point|
|11||New Delhi||Delhi School of Professional Studies & Research|
|12||Patna||ICE (Informatic Computer Education)|
|13||Puducherry||TCIL-IT Computer Education & Training Centre|
|14||Pune||Protech Computer Institute|
|15||Ramanathapuram||Thassim Beevi Abdul Kader College For
|16||Ranchi||Dynamic Learning Infotech Solution( Dylis)|
|17||Salem||Sona College Of Technology|
|18||Trissur||G Tec Educcation|
|19||Tiruchirappalli||Bishop Heber College|
|21||Vaniyambadi||ISLAMIAH WOMEN’S COLLEGE|
|22||Vizag||Svs Internet Center|
Entrance Exam 2018 Result:
Result for BSAUEEE 2018 are expected to be declared in June 2018. Result of BSAUEEE 2018 will form one of the bases on which candidate will be granted admission.
Candidate can follow following steps to view result for BSAUEEE 2018: –
- Visit official website of B.S. Abdur Rahman University i.e. www.bsauniv.ac.in.
- On the left side of the home page, candidate will be able to see a link of BSAUEEE 2018 results.
- After clicking on this link, candidate will be redirected to the results page.
- Candidate now need to enter their registration number along with Date of Birth.
- Then, click on Submit button.
- BSAUEEE 2018 Result will be displayed on your screen.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy of result with them for future reference.
Entrance Exam 2018 Counselling:
After BSAUEEE 2018 result declaration, Candidates who have scored good marks in the test are invited for counselling for various courses.
It is to be noted that Class 12 marks also play an important role in the selection of candidate for various programs.
Admissions in B.Tech are also provided on basis of JEE Main score. Separate rounds of counselling will be held on the basis of both the tests.
Following documents need to be carried while counselling process under BSAUEEE 2018: –
- Result card of BSAUEEE 2018
- Admit card of BSAUEEE 2018
- Detailed Marks Certificate of Class 12
- Migration/Transfer certificate from previous board
- Relevant certificates such as residence proof, caste or category certificate, income proof etc.
- Passport sized pictures of candidate.
Since counselling is an important part for admission, candidates are advised to carry these documents with care so as to avoid any hustle during the counselling process.
B.S.Abdur Rahman University
Vandalur, Chennai – 600 048.
E-Mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Line : 91 +44 22750007
Ph. 91 +44 – 22751347, 22759236