Chandy College of Engineering Admisison 2018
Established Year: 2009
The Pitchandi Poornamaalai Ammal Trust was founded by our eminent Chairman, Mr.P.Selvaraj who ascended the ladder of success through his hard work and dedication. The trust comprises of eminent industrialist who have propelled themselves to glory in their respective domain. The Pitchandi Poornamaalai Ammal Trust actively entered in the field of Education in 2001 to create awareness on the importance of education among the economically weaker sections of the society living in Muthiahpuram / Mullakkadu villages. As a first step it started the Chandy Matriculation School (2001) followed by Chandy Industrial Training Centre (2003), Chandy Polytechnic College (2005), Chandy College of Education (2007) and Chandy College of Engineering (2009).
ASTM International, formerly known as the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), is a globally recognized leader in the development and delivery of international voluntary consensus standards. Today, some 12,000 ASTM standards are used around the world to improve product quality, enhance safety, facilitate market access and trade, and build consumer confidence.
ASTM’s leadership in international standards development is driven by the contributions of its members: more than 30,000 of the world’s top technical experts and business professionals representing 150 countries. Working in an open and transparent process and using ASTM’s advanced electronic infrastructure, ASTM members deliver the test methods, specifications, guides, and practices that support engineering students and industries worldwide.
Our students are benefitted by ASTM , Engineering digital library. ASTM Journals keep you up-to-date on the most important findings and research in a broad array of engineering areas.
All journal papers are peer reviewed and are abstracted in such top services as ISI Science Citation Index, COMPENDEX, Chemical Abstracts and Web of Science.
At Chandy we are able to utilise online resources to reach out and provide more accessible support and information to our students. It is also important to keep ahead in the technical age to network with organisations around the world. Online resources provide other necessary information that students cannot get from traditional libraries. Like E-learning, it provides those needs that are not included or not among the scope of books and other traditional school materials.
UG Courses (4 Years)
- B.E., Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- B.E., Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- B.E., Electronics and Electrical Engineering (EEE)
- B.E., Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- B.E., Civil Engineering (CE)
PG Courses (2 Years)
- M.E., Applied Electronics
- M.E., Computer Science and Engineering*
- M.E., Power Systems Engineering*
|1||Computer Science and Engineering||72|
|3||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||72|
|4||Electronics and Communication Engineering||72|
- In 2010 an additional under-graduate course B.E.,Civil Engineering with annual intake of 60 was on track. The annual intake for the course of Mechanical Engineering was increased to 144 in the year 2013 making the total annual intake of candidates to 432. During 2012 an PG program M.E.,Applied Electronics was commenced with an annual intake of 18 students. Two more PG courses was commenced in the year 2013 with an annual intake of 24 students.
|1||Computer Science and Engineering||24|
|2||Power Systems Engineering||24|
Why join Chandy College of Engineering
- Highly qualified, experienced and competent team of faculty members.
- Placement training through professional trainees and HRs.
- Student – centric interactive and contemporary approach in teaching.
- Well stocked and automated modern Library.
- Fully equipped and modern seminar halls with digital home theatre facility.
- Separate Hostels for boys and girls.
Chandy College of Engineering Fees Structure 2019
- Out of the passing out students from the Institution, 60% have secured their placements through on-campus interviews. The Institution has received its quality certification under ISO and accreditation
- Besides academic activities, workshops, seminars, FDP, symposium, guest lecture, and conference is being coducted periodically for the staff and student development.
- Added to the above, a Social welfare clubs, YRCare functioning in the College for the benefit of the students and conduct of Blood donation camps at the college premises.
FOR MANAGEMENT CANDIDATES
- The application form will be issued at the college office from the month of March onwards.
- Filled in application forms is to be submitted by the candidate along with the below mentioned originals after they receive their results.
- An amount of Rs 70,000/- should be paid at the time of admission.
- Prior intimation is to be given by the candidate to the college office regarding the requirement for hostel and bus facilities.
FOR COUNSELLING CANDIDATES
Candidates who have selected Chandy College of Engineering is to submit the below mentioned originals along with the tuition fee and Allotment order received during the time of counseling to the college office at the time of admission.An amount of Rs 40,000/- should be paid at the time of admission.
ORIGINALS TO BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH APPLICATION FORM
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Community certificate
- Nativity certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Income certificate
Chandy College of Engineering Entrance Exam
About the Exam:
Anna University will conduct TNEA 2019 counselling for admission to UG engineering programmes at participating universities tentatively in last week of June. Admission to engineering programmes will be based on marks obtained by candidates in PCM in the qualifying examination. No separate entrance exam will be held. To account for variations in difficulty level of different state boards to that of the State Board of Tamil Nadu, the marks obtained by other state candidates will be normalized. Additionally, the total marks will be reduced to 200 (from 300) for preparing the merit list. Candidates who meet the cutoff of TNEA 2019 will be called for counselling round. Counselling of TNEA will be single window process.
TNEA Important Dates 2019
The important dates of TNEA 2019 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2019 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2019
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2019|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2019|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2019|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2019|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2019|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2019|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2019. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2019 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2019
The application form of TNEA 2019 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2019, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2019 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2019
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2019 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2019
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2019 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2019 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2019, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2019)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2019
The TNEA 2019 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2019 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2019, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2019 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2019 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2019
The counselling of TNEA 2019 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2019 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2019 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2019
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2019 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2018 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
|Name of the Institution:||Chandy College of Engineering|
|Location:||12 km away from Tuticorin on Tiruchendur Road|
|Address:||Chandy Nagar, Mullakkadu, Tuticorin – 628 005|
|Phone Number:||0461 – 2356953, 2955230|