Chettinad Medical college Admission 2019
Year of Inception of College : 2006
Date of Permission for MBBS :
16.05.2006 / 28.03.2007 / 11.06.2008/ 17.04.2009 / 24.05.2011
At Chettinad Academy of Research and Education, they are justifiably proud of their Medical College, which is quickly becoming the preferred destination for medical education in South India. Students at Chettinad get the opportunity to interact with, and learn from, some of the best professionals in their chosen area. The academic team has been carefully selected as much for their professional competence as for their passion for teaching. We believe that learning should be mutually rewarding and enjoyable; and students find Chettinad teachers open, accessible and supportive of their goals and aspirations. Students of Chettinad learn in arguably one of the best equipped campuses in the country. Our 95-acre self-contained township includes sophisticated learning resources such as multimedia libraries, labs and museums. It also has a full range of student amenities such as hostels, cafeterias, gyms and recreation options.
The Institute of Undergraduate & Postgraduate Education for doctors, the Nursing College, the Institute of Emergency Medicine, the Institute of Paramedical Sciences and the College for Physiotherapy aim to attract the best talent in the medical and allied professions, and impart the trme anywhere access to high quality learning content, it encourages slow learners and promotes more efficient interaction between students and instructors, with on-line exams and improved evaluation techniques.
An organized museum and well-stocked library make learning interesting. The library is well stocked with over 9000 books and over 54 journals of which 11 are international and 43 are national journals. Library also subscribes to online periodicals. The Digital library with over 35 computers and high-speed internet facility and audio visual aids is popular. Apart from these facilities the library is maintained on bar coding and also has reprographic facility which can take 14 pages/min.
Students get an opportunity to practice in real time on dummies that function like normal human patients. This gives them the confidence and skills they need for patient interactions. There is a variety of simulators available: from delivery of a child to asthma simulator, ECG tube, etc. This is a self training method that will be supervised by specialized doctors. Our lectures are well supported by hands-on experience in the well equipped laboratories. Each laboratory can accommodate over 90 students. Every lab has a demo room for the students to receive their instructions and conduct small group discussions.
Chettinad Health City is a self-contained township. Students have a range of amenities to help them develop, including hostel facilities with nutritious food and connectivity in every room, numerous sports and recreational facilities, transport from the city, and access to Banking facilities, shopping, laundry services and a Travel Desk on campus. Separate accommodation with the latest amenities are available for professors, teaching staff, nurses and for support staff of CHC too.
- We have our regular CME programs and CNE programs
- The faculty is encouraged to present their research findings in both national and international conferences.
- Faculty regularly attend workshops and seminars.
- Eminent scholars and researchers are regularly invited to give guest lectures.
- Monthly audit meetings and clinical society meetings are held.
UNDER GRADUATE COURSE
- B.Sc. Allied Health Sciences (3 Years + 1 Year Internship)
- B.Sc. Medical Bionanotechnology (3 Years)
- B.Sc. Medical Biotechnology (3 Years)
- B.Sc. Medical Genetics (3 Years)
POST GRADUATE COURSE
Medical Post Graduate Courses – M.D. Pre and Para Clinical (3 years)
- M.D. (Anatomy)
- M.D. (Physiology)
- M.D. (Biochemistry)
- M.D. (Pathology)
- M.D. (Microbiology)
- M.D. (Pharmacology)
- M.D. (Community Medicine)
Medical Post Graduate Courses – M.D./M.S. Clinical Courses (3 years)
- M.S. (General Surgery)
- M.S. (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- M.D. (General Medicine)
- M.D. (Anesthesiology)
- M.D. (Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy)
- M.D. (Respiratory Medicine)
- M.S. (Orthopedics)
- M.D. (Paediatrics)
- M.D. (Psychiatry)
- M.D. (Radio-diagnosis)
- M.S. (Otorhinolaryngology)
Postgraduate courses (2 Years)
- M.Sc. Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine
- M.Sc. Medical Genetics & Molecular Diagnostics
- M.Sc. Medical Bionanotechnology
- M.Sc. Medical Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Clinical Research & Experimental Medicine
- M.Sc. Marine Pharmacology
- M.Sc. Human Nutrition
- M.Sc. Occupational Health & Industrial Safety
- M.Sc. Health & Yoga
- M.Sc. Computational Biology
- M.Sc. Bioinformatics
- M.Sc. Counseling Psychology
- M.Sc. Pharamaceutical Chemistry
D.M. / M.Ch Courses
- D.M. (Cardiology)
- D.M. (Neurology)
- D.M. (Neonatology)
- M.Ch. (Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgery)
- M.Ch. (Neuro Surgery)
- M.Ch. (Urology)
- D.M. (Medical Gastroenterology)
M.Sc – Allied Health Sciences (2 Years)
- Echocardiography & Cardiovascular Imaging Technology
- Radiology and Imaging Science Technology
Postgraduate Courses in Nursing (2 Years)
- M.Sc. Medical Surgical Nursing (Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Nursing)
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA COURSES
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Embryology (1 year)
- B.Sc. Nursing
- Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
- S. (Ophthalmology)
Why Join Chettinad Medical College:
- Global centre for excellence in learning, teaching, research, health care service
- Deemed to be University
- Well-designed multidisciplinary courses
- Highly qualified faculty
- NAAC Accredited
Chettinad Medical College Fees Structure 2019
Chettinad Medical College Entrance Exam
About the NEET Exam:
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is a entrance examination in India, for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS), dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India.NEET-UG (Undergraduate), for MBBS and BDS courses, will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves. However, many colleges and institutes have taken a stay order and conducted private examinations for admission to their MBBS and BDS courses.Undergraduate courses at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, Postgraduate Institute for Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh, Jawarharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research JIPMER are outside the NEET’s purview, as these institutes were set up by separate laws.
NEET 2018 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. From the year 2016 onwards, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2018 including application form, exam dates,etc,.
NEET PG :
The National Board of Examinations has extended the last date for NEET PG 2018 registration by 7 days. Students seeking admission to postgraduate medical and dental courses can apply for the same on or before Nov 7, 2017. Earlier the deadline for registration was fixed on Oct 31, 2017, which has now been extended to November 7. The NEET examination for the postgraduate medical courses will be conducted December 5 to December 13, 2017, and from November 30, 2017, to December 3, 2017, for postgraduate dental courses. The NEET PG 2018 examination will be held at 86 centres in 41 cities across the country. NEET is the single entrance examination for admission to UG and PG medical and dental courses. Candidates who have passed MBBS from a recognised institute and registered with MCI can apply for the c.
Candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of NEET
The application fee for general and OBC candidates is Rs.3750/- whereas it is Rs.2750/- for SC/ ST and PWD candidates.
The following original documents (if applicable) with three sets of photocopies should be brought at the time of counselling and should be submitted if admitted to the course:
- Mark list of H.Sc/10+2 or its equivalent.
- NEET Entrance Examination hall ticket.
- NEET Score Card.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last studied.
- Conduct Certificate from the institution last studied.
- Community Certificate.
- Nativity Certificate.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Certificate (If not Immunised the candidate should undergo Hepatitis B Vaccination before commencement of course).
- Migration Certificate (if necessary).
- Certificates of extracurricular activities if any.
- Four Passport size and Three Stamp size photographs.
- Nationality Certificate and Copy of Passport and Visa (Foreign Students only).
- Pan card of the parent.
- Candidate and parents ID and Address proof issued by government agencies.
How to Apply:
- Fill the Online Application Form and note down the Registration Number.
- Upload photo, signature and Right Hand Index Finger Impression*
- Make Payment of Fee through Credit/Debit Card, Net-banking or by e-challan.
- Print Confirmation Page after Successful remittance of fee .
- The examination will be based on offline mode withduration of 3 hours.
- There will be total180 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be apenalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- The question paper will be available inEnglish & Hindi both.
The question paper of NEET 2018 will be divided into 4 sections. The distribution of questions for each section is as follows-
The Medical Council of India (MCI) announced the syllabus for the NEET-UG in 2011. The syllabus had been initially published as a draft to invite feedback from other stakeholders. The syllabus for NEET-PG is the same as that of the MBBS course described in the MCI Regulations concerning Graduate Medical Education, 1997. The multiple choice questions (MCQs) will be based on the MBBS syllabus, as will the knowledge that needs to be acquired during the internship period, which is also described in said Regulations. The distribution of questions, model questions and method of tie breaking for ranking have been placed on the website, as well as in the Prospectus.
NEET 2019 Result
The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website. It will be declared on 5th June 2018. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website. Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use.A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
NEET 2019 Counselling
The NEET online counselling will be held in three rounds. The online counselling procedures are given here:
- Online Registration:Candidate has to register themselves & participate in the NEET counselling. Candidate has to enter their roll number, registration no., name, mother’s name & DOB, etc. A Login Id & password will be sent to the candidate in registered mobile number & email Id. Candidate has to login with the given Id & password for further procedure.
- Choice Filling & Locking:Candidate has to select the courses & colleges according to their choice. After the selection of courses & colleges, candidate has to lock their Choices.
- Result Announcement:After a few days of choice filling, candidate will receive a message of their allotted college & course. The seat will be allotted to the candidates as per their rank & opted choice for college.
- Reporting at the allotted college:Candidate has to report in the allotted college in a given time period & confirm their seat. If a candidate will not report at the given time period, the seat will be allotted to another candidate.
Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Kelambakkam,
Phone : 044 044-47411000
EMail : email@example.com
Website : www.chettinadhealthcity.com