CSI College of Engineering Admission 2018
CSI COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (CSICE) is committed to provide quality education to the students enabling them to excel in the fields of Science, Engineering, Technology and Management to cater to the changing and challenging needs of society and industry by
- Contributing to the academic standing and overall knowledge development of the students.
- Maintaining state-of-the art infrastructure and congenial learning environment.
- Enhancing the competence of faculty to very high level and to make them adopt all modern and innovative methods in teaching-learning process.
- Inculcating moral and ethical values among students and staff.
- Collaborating with Institutions and Industries.
- Promoting research and development programme for the growth of economy.
- Disseminating technical knowledge in the region by continuing education programmes.
- Ensuring continual improvement of Quality Management Systems.
The following sections and units are in the Central Library.
- Stack Room
- Reading Hall
- Reference Hall
- Book Bank Unit
- Periodical Unit
- New Arrivals Unit
- News Paper Unit
- Circulation Section
- Browsing Centre
- Reprography Section
- Back Volume Unit
- Hostels provide good and safe facilities of lodging and boarding to cater to the needs of outstation students. Seperate hostel facilities is available for boys and Girls. The Principal is Warden of all hostels and he is assisted by Deputy Wardens and Assistant Wardens in the day to day running of the hostels. The Separate Boys & Girls hostel with all necessary infrastructure & facilities is situated within the campus. Excellent Hostel facilities are provided for the students coming from various part of the world. The ambience is so much of a home hence the hostel can be called a home away from home. Care is taken to provide nutritious and hygienic food to all. The Hostel wardens give good attention to every detail because they are present round the clock.
- The following facilities are provided in the hostels: – Well-furnished Convenient rooms Good Drinking water is supplied in the hostels for drinking purposes Each hostel is provided with a spacious dining hall with adequate and comfortable furniture and kitchen with Steam Cooking facilities Uninterrupted supply of water and electricity Each hostel is provided with recreation halls for Television viewing Assistant Wardens are available for consultation and guidance for the benefit of the students
The CSI college of Engineering students are placed in top most companies
We give special placements training for students.
- B.E in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E in Electronics and Communications Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
- B.E (Lateral Entry), 3 Years
- B.E in Information Technology (Lateral Entry), 3 Years
- M.E, 2 Years
Why join CSI College of Engineering
- Affiliated to Anna University
- AICTE approved
CSI College of Engineering Fees Structure 2018
|OC||Physics, Chemistry & Maths put together||50%|
|BC||Physics, Chemistry & Maths put together||45%|
|MBC||Physics, Chemistry & Maths put together||40%|
|SC/ST||Physics, Chemistry & Maths put together||40%|
|All Category||B.E. Degree||50%|
Tuition Fees Concessions
|200/200 Cut Off||100% Concession in Tuition Fees|
|190/200 Cut Off||50% Concession in Tuition Fees|
|180/200 Cut Off||25% Concession in Tuition Fees|
|170/200 Cut Off||20% Concession in Tuition Fees|
|Sports Quota (Representation in District / State / National Level)||20% Concession in Tuition Fees|
CSI College of Engineering Entrance exam
Institute admits students in its undergraduate B.Tech programs through TNEA
About the Exam:
Anna University will conduct TNEA 2018 counselling for admission to UG engineering programmes at participating universities tentatively in last week of June. Admission to engineering programmes will be based on marks obtained by candidates in PCM in the qualifying examination. No separate entrance exam will be held. To account for variations in difficulty level of different state boards to that of the State Board of Tamil Nadu, the marks obtained by other state candidates will be normalized. Additionally, the total marks will be reduced to 200 (from 300) for preparing the merit list. Candidates who meet the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will be called for counselling round. Counselling of TNEA will be single window process.
TNEA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of TNEA 2018 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2018 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2018|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2018|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2018|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2018|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2018|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2018|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2018. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2018
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2018
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2018 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2018
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2018 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2018 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2018)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2018
The TNEA 2018 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2018 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2018, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2018 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2018
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2018
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2018 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2018 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
Phone : 0423 – 2517474 , 2517581 – 84
Fax : 0423 – 2517699
Website : www.csice.org www.csice.edu.in
Email : email@example.com