Dhirajlal Gandhi College of Technology Admission 2018
Established in 2011
Dhirajlal Gandhi College of Technology (DGCT) is unique and probably one of its kind,since it has been established by India’s leading Engineering consultancy firm “Mukesh & Associates”. Adding value to it, the college is headed by renowned Educationalist, a dynamic entrepreneur and a great visionary in the development of Educational system,Shri. Dhirajlal A.Gandhi.
DGCT has acquired membership with associations like IESA, ICTACT, CII, MMA, Production Council and Livewire who help to bridge the gap between industry and academia and also has membership with professional bodies like ISTE, IIPE, IETE, IE, ICI, CSI to enrich and enhance research activities.
In a short span, the institution has signed MoUs with various companies like Microsoft, IBM, Texas Instruments, National Instruments, Precision Camshafts Ltd., Salieabs Electronics Engineers LLP, DMW, etc., to bring in the relevant technology training.
- 10 acres of lush green campus on Salem Bangalore highway, near the airport provides the right ambience for learning.
- The campus hosts well planned academic blocks, computer centers, lecture halls, library, laboratories, conference halls, staff quarters, hostel and students’ centers.
- Good transport facilities are provided in the campus.
- DGCT’s green buildings are an architectural splendor where students can expand their horizons.
The total collection of library stands as follows:
|CD’s & Videos||1000|
|NPTEL Video Lectures||100|
|No of National Journals||86|
|No of International Journals||518 e-Journals|
- 10 acres of lush green campus on Salem Bangalore highway
- Well planned academic blocks
- Computer centers
- Lecture halls
- Conference halls
- Transport facilities
B.E in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electronics & Communication Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Computer Science & Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech (Lateral Enrty), 3 Years
M.E, 2 Years
- Facilitates and assures excellent job opportunities to the students
- The Objective of the placement cell is to facilitate the process of placement and ensure that each eligible student is provided with employment opportunities in reputed organization
- In addition, the Placement cell ensures 100% placement assistance to all the eligible students
- Signed MoU’s with External Training companies like CTF, SMART Resources Pvt Ltd, Talent sprint, Ethnus to train students to develop their Aptitude, Technical and soft skills which increase the confidence level of the students
Why join Dhirajlal Gandhi College of Technology
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to Anna University
- 100% placement assistance
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Qualified and Experienced Faculty
- Anti – Ragging campus
- Special Scholarship for Meritorious Students
Dhirajlal Gandhi College of Technology Fees Structure 2018
A Heartwarming welcome to enter into the DGCT portals of knowledge
As you are on the threshold of a brand new life all set to pursue an undergraduate education in engineering, we at DGCT vouch to offer you quality education throughout your course of study with a whole gamut of opportunities spread out for you. The curriculum has been designed to enable every student to develop the ability to solve engineering problems, design systems etc., through creative and innovative thinking. This is to ensure that students get molded to transform into multi dimensional personalities fully equipped to combat challenges courageously. A hearty welcome to all students.
- Incorporation of Unique Educational System from Eminent Educationalist, Technocrats and Industry Expertise.
- Stress free environment for efficient learning..
- Creative Platform for students to develop innovative socially relevant projects.
- Well qualified & Dedicated faculty (With staff student ratio:1:15)
- World class infrastructure (Nil Deficiency from Anna University) MOU with TI Labs, National Instruments, Microsoft Campus Agreement, STEPS, TI Microsystems, Texas Instruments (TI) Sponsored Embedded System Lab, Analog System Design Lab and OMAP DSP Design Lab for Best Industry Institute Interaction.
- Library with 12351 volumes,2513 Titles,1456 ebooks,110 National journals and 518 International e-Journals(IEEE,SPRINGER,WILEY,J-GATE,ELSEVIER,etc.),20 magazines,120 Back volumes,1000 CD’s& DVD’s & 100 Courses -NPTEL Video Lectures
- Online Lectures from NPTEL Video Courses , Stanford University,MIT OpenCourseware,AIMA and Khan Academy, etc.
- College Bus facility for easy commuting in and around 50 kms.
- Well-maintained hostel for boys and girls.
- Placement & Training from Eminent Industrial Personnel.
- Value Added Programs to prepare student for industry requirements.
- Excellent Placement through top industry contacts of the promoters.
- Consultancy Services to bridge the Gap between Industry & Institution.
- Applied Research and Development Centers in Thrust Areas.
- Entrepreneur Development Centre
- Aditi – Women’s Development Wing
- Career Guidance Center & Quality Improvement Cell.
- Institute Social Responsibility
- Tamil Research and Culture Association
- Professional Bodies like LESA, ISTE, CSI, CII, IIPE, IETE, IEI, ISRMTT
Dhirajlal Gandhi College of Technology Entrance exam
Institute admits students in its undergraduate B.E/B.Tech programs through TNEA
About the Exam:
Anna University will conduct TNEA 2018 counselling for admission to UG engineering programmes at participating universities tentatively in last week of June. Admission to engineering programmes will be based on marks obtained by candidates in PCM in the qualifying examination. No separate entrance exam will be held. To account for variations in difficulty level of different state boards to that of the State Board of Tamil Nadu, the marks obtained by other state candidates will be normalized. Additionally, the total marks will be reduced to 200 (from 300) for preparing the merit list. Candidates who meet the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will be called for counselling round. Counselling of TNEA will be single window process.
TNEA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of TNEA 2018 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2018 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2018|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2018|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2018|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2018|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2018|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2018|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2018. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2018
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2018
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2018 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2018
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2018 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2018 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2018)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2018
The TNEA 2018 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2018 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2018, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2018 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2018
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2018
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2018 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2018 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
Dhirajlal Gandhi College of Technology
Opposite Salem Airport
Contact : 04290-233333
E-mail : email@example.com