Excel College of Engineering for Women Admission 2018
Established Year: 2001
Excel Educational Institutions are promoted by SRET- Sri Rengaswamy Educational Trust.
Prof. Dr. A.K. Natesan, the Hon. Chairman of SRET, Excel and the Kavery Educational Institutions, is a visionary just born to lead in the area of Professional Education with 30 years of experience in the field of Technical Education. He co-ordinates the Educational Institutions and fosters an environment that allows developing strong bonds of friendship and serving the society with social responsibility and ethics. He took his MBA from NIT, Trichy and Doctorate in financial Management from Bharathiar University. Currently he is the Chairman of ISTE Tamilnadu & Pondicherry section and the Secretary of Association of management of Coimbatore Anna University Affiliated Colleges. He is also a member of Academic council of Anna University.
Excel Campus is established in 100 acres with 6500 students from all over India. The institution provides necessary infrastructure that nurtures the academic capabilities of the students for their successful career and life.
Excel Institutions provide very good hostel facilities for students away from home for their education. In excel the hostel has a good infrastructure for both Boys and Girls students to stay comfortably. In hostel various activities and facilities are provided in an efficient manner. Excel hostel provide single, two and multiple member rooms.
- Sophisticated bath attached rooms with 1500 capacity in each Men’s and Women’s Hostel.
- Spacious dining hall is available in all the hostels with modern kitchen.
- Quality and hygienic food at affordable price and separate menus to suit the tastes of Kerala, Tamilnadu, and North & North Eastern state students.
- RO Purified water is available at each floor in the hostel.
- Health clinic with residential doctor at specified hours, sick room and 24 hours ambulance service in the campus is functioning.
- 24 Hours, WI-FI connection is provided in hostel.
- Separate Internet Centre for Browsing.
- Each and every room in hostel is provided with Daily Newspaper to improve their reading habits and General knowledge.
- Gym facility is provided to the students for body fitness.
- Indoor games are provided inside the hostel.
- 4 Shuttle badminton and 3 Volley Ball courts are available in the campus.
Students avail services offered at medical centre situated in the EXCEL INSTITUTION. The health clinic with residential doctor at specified hours offer their services with sick room and 24 hours ambulance service in the campus is functioning round the clock. For the benefit of Students and Faculty members, Excel Institutions buses are being operated from the nearby places like Sankari, Salem, Omalur, Mettur, Tiruchengode, Erode, Arachaloor, Anthiyur, Thindal, Bhavani, Chennimalai, Edappadi and Komarapalayam. Transport is provided at an convenient time to reach the campus.
- A fleet of new buses are running for the dayscholars comfortably to and from their homes.
- Public Transport is quite convenient and frequent because the campus is located on National Highway (47).
- All private buses plying between Salem and Coimbatore will stop in front of the Excel Institutions Campus.
NAAC Grade: A
- B.E – Aeronautical Engineering
· B.E – Civil Engineering
· B.E – Computer Science and Engineering
· B.E – Electronics and Communication Engineering
· B.E – Electrical and Electronics Engineering
· B.E – Mechanical Engineering
· B.Tech – Information Technology
· B.Tech Petrochemical Technology
· B.Tech Petroleum Engineering
· B.Arch – Bachelor of Architecture
· M.B.A – Master of Business Administration
· M.C.A – Master of Computer Applications
· M.E – Aeronautical Engineering
· M.E – Engineering Design
· M.E – Applied Electronics
· M.E – Computer Science and Engineering
· M.E Structural Engineering
· M.E. Construction Engineering and Management
· M.E Thermal Engineering
· M.E Environmental Engineering
· M.E. Industrial Safety Engineering
· M.E – Power Electronics & Drives
· M.E – VLSI Design
· M.Arch – Master of Architecture
· Diploma in Automobile Engineering
· Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
· Diploma in Civil Engineering
· Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering
· Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Teacher traning courses:
· B.Ed – Bachelor of Education
· M.Ed – Master of Education
Why Join Excel College of Engineering for Women :
We have state-of-the-Art Infrastructure – architectural extravaganza matching international standards – modernized laboratories for all the departments besides an exclusive aero pavilion with MIG 23, MIG 21, Cessna aircrafts, Jet engines, piston engines and all aircraft accessories; expert faculty with Ph.D and support from guest faculty from industries. Excel Campus has more than 11 lakhs sq.ft built-up area,Air conditioned auditoriums and seminar hallsapart from large area for sports and games facilities, over a sprawling land of 100 acres. The Data centre has Blade Server connecting 1500 computers by optic fibre.
Excel Group Institutions is awarded with Brands Academy Education Excellence Award for “The fastest growing Engineering College in Tamilnadu” for the academic year 2011-2012. It is ranked 5th among the Top Engineering Colleges in Tamilnadu by Silicon India Survey 2015 and ranked 14 by All India Ranking of B-Schools-2014 by Silicon India Ltd. Bengaluru.
Excel is the Remote Centre of IIT Bombay for MHRD’s “National Mission on Education through ICT”. It is also the Project Centre of IIT Bombay for “Education Application Development for Aakash Tablet”.University Gold medals in M.Ed and top rank in Namakkal District and Anna University ranks are some of the other achievements.
Excel College of Engineering for Women Fees Structure 2018
The role of the Placement Cell is of a facilitator and counselor for the placement related activities. Placement Cell does not guarantee a job. Applying for a company or joining a company is entirely the responsibility / decision of the student concerned. The objective of the placement cell is to provide one job for each student, where in, the facility is available to all the students registered with the placement cell through the policy ‘ONE JOB TO ONE STUDENT AT THE FIRST INSTANCE’. All the students expected to be graduated from the institute in the ongoing academic year are eligible to participate in the placement activities. Students graduated in the previous academic year, if not placed, will also be eligible to participate in the drive with the permission of the visiting company. Their participation is subjected to their registration with the Placement Cell. The job description along with the eligibility criteria will be displayed on the college website www.excelinstitutions.com, T & P Notice Board and also be forwarded to the students via group email Id or SMS. The training Cell shall provide placement training to all students of Excel Group Institutions in the classroom module and E-Learning platform.
- For B.E / B.Tech programmes the admissions is based on the scores in HSC (Academic or Vocational or Diploma) and apply for other terms and conditions of Excel.
- For B.Arch programme the admission is based on the scores in HSC or equivalent and should secure minimum eligibility marks in NATA entrance exam and can further apply as per the terms and conditions of Excel.
- For Diploma programmes the admission is based on the scores in the X standard for First year and scores in the XII standard for the Direct second year / Lateral entry students and can further apply as per the terms and conditions of Excel.
- For B.Ed and M.Ed degree programmes the admission is based on the scores in the UG degree programmes and can further apply as per the terms and conditions of Excel.
No need to write entrance exam, admissions based up on the government norms
Excel College of Engineering for Women Entrance Exam
Institute admits students in its undergraduate B.E/B.Tech programs through TNEA
About the Exam:
Anna University will conduct TNEA 2018 counselling for admission to UG engineering programmes at participating universities tentatively in last week of June. Admission to engineering programmes will be based on marks obtained by candidates in PCM in the qualifying examination. No separate entrance exam will be held. To account for variations in difficulty level of different state boards to that of the State Board of Tamil Nadu, the marks obtained by other state candidates will be normalized. Additionally, the total marks will be reduced to 200 (from 300) for preparing the merit list. Candidates who meet the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will be called for counselling round. Counselling of TNEA will be single window process.
TNEA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of TNEA 2018 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2018 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2018|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2018|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2018|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2018|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2018|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2018|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2018. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2018
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2018
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2018 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2018
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2018 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2018 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2018)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2018
The TNEA 2018 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2018 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2018, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2018 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2018
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2018
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2018 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2018 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
NH 47, Main Road
Pallakapalayam Sankari West post,
Namakkal, Tamil Nadu 637303
Phone:04288 227 361