Government College of Engineering Admission 2018
Established Year: 1994
Government College of Engineering (GCE) is spread over a sprawling campus with calm surroundings, creating a fitting atmosphere for study. GCE provides a clean and invigorating environment conducive for higher education.
Government College of Engineering, Bargur is one of the educational institutions developed by Government of Tamilnadu, which was started in the year 1994 to cater to the needs of the nation in the development of technocrats and to provide facilities for educating and training men and women to meet the entrepreneurial and management needs.The Tamil Nadu Government has created adequate infrastructural facilities and sufficient funds and is keen on developing the institute for higher education.
It contains books related to the courses of study offered in this institution. A limited number of books of general interest are also available. The total numbers of books available at present are 25,000. New books are purchased every year. In addition 56 journals are subscribed for the library.
- The library is kept open between 10.00 a.m. and 5.45 p.m. on all weekdays i.e. from Monday to Friday.
2. Books will be issued between 2.00 p.m. and 5.40 p.m.
3. Return or renewal of books will be entertained between 10.00 a.m to 1.10 p.m
- Three tickets are issued to senior students and one to first year students.
2. If a ticket is damaged or lost, the matter should be reported to the principal. A duplicate ticket will be issued only on payment of a fine of Rs.100/- per ticket.
3. Not more than two replacements of tickets will be made to any student.
4. The borrower shall be responsible for any loss or non-return of books issued against his/her tickets.
5. The students must return their tickets to the library on completion of the course.
Conditions for Issue of Books
- Books will be issued only on production of borrower’s ticket with proper acknowledgment on book card concerned. At the time of borrowing books, student shall produce their identity cards to avoid impersonation. However, the person named on the ticket is solely responsible for the book borrowed on it. On any cause books will not be lent out without proper charging.
2. On receiving a book, the student shall satisfy himself/herself that the book is in good condition. Cases of defacement of books must be immediately brought to the notice of the librarian, failing which the borrower will be held responsible for the defacement of books.
3. Periodicals, dictionaries and other reference books will not be lent out.
4. Under special circumstances, the principal may refuse to issue books or recall the books already issued to a member without assigning any reason therefore.
5. Books borrowed from the library should be returned at the expiry of due date. Books which are special demand will be lent for such shorter period as may be called for at any time, if necessary.
6. A student against whom any overdue or other charges are outstanding or against whom any misbehavior in the library is reported, will not be allowed to use the library or borrow until he/she clears the dues to the library or apologizes for his / her misbehavior. Principal’s decision is final in this regard.
7. The final year out-going students must return the library books and produce no due certificate from the library for getting their exam hall tickets. All the other students must return the books as soon as the theory exams are over.
8. Borrowers tickets are not transferable
- Books may be renewed for a further period of 3 months provided the books are produced at the library for renewal along with identity card.
2. Not more than one renewal will be allowed for the same book. The book must be returned as soon as the semester exams are over. Otherwise the borrower will be penalized as per discretion.
- The books taken out on loan should be returned by the borrower within 3 months from the date of issue. The due date will be stamped in the book slip posted on the front page of the book.
2. Defaulters shall pay a fine of 0.50 paise per day per book up to 10 days from the due date after which the fine levied will be Rs.1.00 per day per book.
3. Students who fail to pay the fines for belated return of books will not be eligible to borrow books until they clear their dues.
4. Students of I semester to VII semester should return all the books as soon as their theory exams are over.
5. The membership of the borrowers will be terminated if the student fails to return the books after the semester examinations are over in every academic year.
Loss of Books
1. Loss of library books should be reported to the Principal immediately in writing.
2. The borrowers shall be held responsible for any damages to the books/journals belonging to the library and they shall replace such books/journals or pay double the value thereof along with a penalty.
1. The students shall sign in the register before entering the library.
2. Books and other articles should be left in the racks kept for this purpose at the entrance.
3. Absolute silence should be maintained in the library.
4. Any damage done to either books/journals or other properties of the library shall be made good by the member causing the damage.
5. No member shall write or make any mark on books/journals of the library.
6. Users shall not mutilate the arrangement of books / on the shelves. Purposeful misplacement / any misbehavior will disqualify the user from membership.
SC/ST Book Bank
1. Every poor SC/ST student who has received post-matric scholarship is eligible to borrow books from SC/ST book bank.
2. Each member of the book bank is eligible for 6 tickets.
3. Books will be issued to them at the beginning of the semester. It must be returned as soon as their theory exams are over.
4. Borrowed books must be kept by them neatly. Damaging or defacing the book in any manner will be penalized.
The AICTE has given approval to conduct the following B.E. Degree Courses in Engineering. B.E Degree Courses (Full time)
|B.E – COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING (FULL TIME)||60|
|B.E – ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING (FULL TIME)||60|
|B.E – ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING (FULL TIME)||60|
|B.E – MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (FULL TIME)||60|
|B.E Degree Courses (Part Time)|
|B.E – ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING (PART TIME)||40|
Why join Government College of Engineering
Affiliated to Anna University
Approved by AICTE
ISO 9001:2008 certified
Organises guest lectures, industrial visits, symposiums and technical conference
Government College of Engineering Fees Structure 2018
GATE and other such examinations are to be cleared in order to get admission in central Institutions like IIT,IISc and placement in Government sector organization. Study materials to prepare for these examinations are freely available for the convenience of the students to download from the following websites:
The college has been approved by the AICTE and the college intake is purely based on merit.
Government College of Engineering Entrance exam
Institute admits students in its undergraduate B.E/B.Tech programs through TNEA
About the Exam:
Anna University will conduct TNEA 2018 counselling for admission to UG engineering programmes at participating universities tentatively in last week of June. Admission to engineering programmes will be based on marks obtained by candidates in PCM in the qualifying examination. No separate entrance exam will be held. To account for variations in difficulty level of different state boards to that of the State Board of Tamil Nadu, the marks obtained by other state candidates will be normalized. Additionally, the total marks will be reduced to 200 (from 300) for preparing the merit list. Candidates who meet the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will be called for counselling round. Counselling of TNEA will be single window process.
TNEA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of TNEA 2018 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2018 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2018|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2018|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2018|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2018|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2018|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2018|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2018. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2018
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2018
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2018 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2018
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2018 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2018 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2018)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2018
The TNEA 2018 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2018 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2018, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2018 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2018
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2018
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2018 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2018 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
Government College of Engineering,
NH 46, Chennai Bangalore Highway
Krishnagiri – 635104
04343 266 067