GRT Institute Of Engineering Admission 2018
GRT Group of Educational Institutions, was promoted by SRDR Trust in 2008. GRT College of Education (GCE), the crown jewel of the GRT Group of Educational Institutions, was formed by SRDR Trust.
Located on the Chennai-Tirupathi Highway in Tiruttani, perched amidst a sprawling 87-acre plot, the GRTIET has a built-in area of 27.43 acres, comprising contemporary architecture befitting an educational institution of global standards.
- The vision of the GRTIET library is to satisfy the user community, by fulfilling their hunger for relevant knowledge and learning. The library, located on the first floor of the main building, sports a floor area of about 5000 sq.ft. comprising over 17238 volumes covering 3250 titles.
- The library also houses over 2500 reference and rare books on all branches of engineering, science, the humanities, English, dictionaries and encyclopedias. A number of guides are available in both the reference and issues sections for preparation students to participate in competitive exam like GATE, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, Civil Service Exam, Defense Service Exam and the like.
- The institute’s commitment to eLearning is reflected in the fact that internet-enabled multimedia computers populate the library, opening up a world of learning to students.
- The audiovisual section of the college library consists of over 1000 CD/DVD-ROM diskettes; enabling students improve their communications skills and prepare for the competitive exams.
- The library’s three main sections comprise, the stock room, the reading hall and periodical section and the circulation/reprography section.
- The unique feature of the library is the compulsory ‘library hour’, which is integrated into the student’s timetable (one hour per week for each class).
- Around 217 IEEE, ASME, ASCE and J-GATE eJournals and 62 national journals are subscribed to at the library, including technical and non technical magazines..
- The library has also established a partnership with the British Council Library and DELNET, under the AICTE–DELNET scheme of globally networking the libraries of technical institutions. Document sare delivered online through DELNET, corresponding to requests for books and periodical articles.
GRTIET provides its students one of the most comfortable boarding facilities in the region.The hostelcomes with 75 rooms for girls and 124 for boys, are spacious, clean and secure. Entitling each student to an individual bed, wardrobe, armchair and desk.
Air-conditioned and non air-conditioned rooms are available on an individual/sharing basis. Toilets and washrooms are maintained to hygiene standards by the cleaning staff. All rooms have running hot and cold water.
The hostel has separate recreation, study and visitor’s rooms, apart from a TV room and international standard gym. The hostel boasts of a 10Mbps, wi-fi powered computer room.
A bank of high-power generators ensures 24-hour power.Emergency medical needs are met by trained staff, while round-the-clock transport facilities are also provided at the hostel.
Modern kitchens, staffed by qualified chefs, ensure hygienically prepared meals are served to students in a separate dining room. Clean RO water is available at water stations in the hostel as well as at strategically located water stations around the campus.
An experienced warden is in charge of all the students’ needs and oversees the hostel at all times.
- Cafeteria/ Mess
- Transport Facilities
- Hospital/ Medical Facilities
- Sports Complex
- B.E in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E in Biomedical Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E in Automobile Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E., 2 Years
- Master of Business Administration, 2 Years
Placement facility is available.
Why join GRT Institute Of Engineering
- Approved by AICTE
- Partnership with Cisco, Airtel, Cognizant and Ramco
- Department of Computer Science signed MOUs with Cisco, Kaashiv InfoTech, Leading Edge, etc. to conduct value added courses
- Organizes guest lectures and industrial visits
GRT Institute Of Engineering Fees Structure 2018
To pursue MBA at GRT students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor’s Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor’s degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.
GRT Institute Of Engineering Entrance exam
Institute admits students in its undergraduate B.E/B.Tech programs through TNEA
About the Exam:
Anna University will conduct TNEA 2018 counselling for admission to UG engineering programmes at participating universities tentatively in last week of June. Admission to engineering programmes will be based on marks obtained by candidates in PCM in the qualifying examination. No separate entrance exam will be held. To account for variations in difficulty level of different state boards to that of the State Board of Tamil Nadu, the marks obtained by other state candidates will be normalized. Additionally, the total marks will be reduced to 200 (from 300) for preparing the merit list. Candidates who meet the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will be called for counselling round. Counselling of TNEA will be single window process.
TNEA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of TNEA 2018 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2018 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2018|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2018|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2018|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2018|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2018|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2018|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2018. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2018
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2018
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2018 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2018
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2018 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2018 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2018)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2018
The TNEA 2018 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2018 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2018, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2018 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2018
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2018
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2018 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2018 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
GRT Mahalakshmi Nagar,
Chennai Tirupathi Highway,
Tamil Nadu, India- 631209