Hindustan University Admission 2019
Established Year: 1985
Hindustan College of Engineering, started in the year 1985, was conferred the “University Status” by University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India, Under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956 from the academic year 2008-09 and under the name HITS (Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science).
Today, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science is one of the most sought after engineering Institutions in Tamil Nadu, reputed for its highly qualified and experienced faculty and excellent infrastructural facilities for curricular and extra curricular activities, the University has maintained an enviable academic excellence right from its inception. The student community comprises of students from all over India and Overseas. We have students hailing from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Indonesia, Kenya, Korea, Liberia, Libya, Mauritius, Nigeria, Oman, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sudan, U.A.E, Thailand, Vietnam, Tanzania, USA, etc.
Hindusthan University Admission process, Eligibility, Application Process
Hindustan University has separate hostels for boys and girls with well furnished rooms and modern amenities. The overall atmosphere is very conducive for the students to concentrate on studies. The hostels have well-furnished air-conditioned and regular rooms with attached rest rooms providing the right ambience for the students. The technical associations of the various disciplines play an active role in organizing discussions, seminars, guest lectures, educational tours etc.
In addition, there are cultural associations, a photographic club and a music club, each of which arranges programmes and competitions with the help of the students’ academic council. We are proud to state that our students are continuously winning prizes at various inter collegiate cultural and sports festivals. Hindustan University assigns top priority to sports activities and encourages students who are sportspersons by providing them a complete scholarship for studies. The University has excellent state-of-the-art infrastructure for sports and provides professional coaching in sports to students. Office of International Student Affairs provides services for international aspirants, students, interns, faculty and scholar enrolled or exchanged at Hindustan University as well as our Indian students exchanged or send on study tour or summer program globally. Our goal is to enable Foreign and Non-Resident Indians (NRI) students to have successful academic, cultural and personal experiences while studying at the university and facilitate exchange programs, joint research, study abroad, summer program etc. for our students to gain international exposure.
The Hindustan University Library System consists of a Central Library and departmental libraries which collectively support the teaching, research and extension programs of the Institute. All students, faculty members and employees of the Institute are entitled to make use of the Library facilities on taking library membership. The Library, besides having a huge collection of books on engineering, science and humanities offers library services through its various Divisions.
All the hostels offer a variety of services and opportunities for students. Staff members residing in the hostel are assigned to address academic and personal problems of the students. Round-the-clock security, communication, dispensary facilities are also available.There are seven hostels within the campus catering to the needs of the students. The hostel is managed by
- Dean –Admin
- Chief Warden
- Hostel Manager
- Wardens (Residential and Non-residential)
A Neat Room – A Healthy Environment
- Please utilize the dustbin kept in the corridor for throwing garbage.
- Keep the clothes, pillows and bedspreads neat and clean. Wash them at least once in a fortnight.
- Use hangers for hanging clothes.
- Do not dry (washed) clothes inside the room.
- Avoid foul smelling items inside your room
- Please ensure that your footwear is clean.
- Please do not stick anything on the windows, doors & walls.
- Students are advised to trim their hair at least once in a month.
Water and electricity are precious. Avoid wastage of water while bathing and when using the toilet. See that the taps are closed after use. Switch off all electrical fittings when not in use. Switch off ACs during power failures and when the voltage is low. Bus facility will be provided for campus residents on every Sunday to visit the city.
Vehicle will be provided to campus residents for any emergency. Parents and guests who visit their wards in the campus can stay in AC and Non AC rooms in the University guest house at a nominal rent. Reservations can be done with the Hostel Manager.
The following facilities are available on campus for the benefit of staff and students.
- a) Canteen and Fast Food Centre.
b) Geysers are provided in all hostels.
c) Departmental Stores.
d) Generator facility
e) Preventive maintenance.
f) Banking Facility.
g) 24 hrs incoming phone facility.
h) Stationery shops.
i) Round the clock security service.
NAAC Grade: A
- Aeronautical Engineering (B.Tech)
- Aerospace Engineering (B.Tech)
- Automobile Engineering (B.Tech)
- Chemical Engineering (B.Tech)
- Civil Engineering (B.Tech)
- Computer Science and Engineering (B.Tech)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (B.Tech)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (B.Tech)
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (B.Tech)
- Information Technology (B.Tech)
- Mechanical Engineering (B.Tech) BE Civil Engineering
- BE Mechanical Engineering
- BE Electronics and Communication Engineering
- BE Automobile Engineering
- Tech Information Technology
- BE Aeronautical Engineering
- BE Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Architecture (B.Arch)
- B.A. (General)
- Travel & Tourism Management COM (General)
- Banking Management Fashion Design & Arts
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Food Technology
- catering Science and Hotel Management
- C.A General
- Multimedia and Animation
- Database System
- Aeronautical Engineering (M.Tech)
- Automobile Engineering (M.Tech)
- Avionics (M.Tech)
- Structural Engineering (M.Tech)
- Thermal Engineering (M.Tech)
- Internal Combustion Engineering (M.Tech)
- Engineering Design (M.Tech)
- Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning (M.Tech)
- Computer Aided Design (M.Tech)
- VLSI Design & Embedded Systems (M.Tech)
- Communication System (M.Tech)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (M.Tech)
- Software Engineering (M.Tech)
- Computer Science and Engineering (M.Tech)
- Power Electronics and Drives (M.Tech)
- Applied Electronics (M.Tech)
- Embedded Control(M.Tech)
- Power System Engineering(M.Tech)
- Process Control and Instrumentation Engineering (M.Tech)
- Industrial Automation (M.Tech)
- Robotics and Control (M.Tech) MBA General
- MBA Aviation Management
- MBA Family Business and Entrepreneurship
- MBA Hospital and Health Care
- MBA Hospitality Management
- MBA Media and Entertainment Management
- MBA Automobile Dealership Management
- C.A General
- C.A Big Data Analytics
- C.A Cloud Computing
- Sc. Chemistry
- Sc. Material Science
- A. English Language and Communication
- Arch General
- Arch Housing
- Library & Information Science
- Tech. MTM (5-1/2 year Integrated Programme)
- Tech. Construction Engineering and Management
- Diplomo in Photography
- Diplomo in Interior Design
- Advance Diploma in Optometry
- Professional Diploma in Cyber Investigation and Laws
- Professional Diploma in Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Tech in Nano Technology
- MBA Defence Technology Management
Why Join Hindustan University :
- Above 75% Annual Placement Conversion
- Encouragement of innovative talents & spirits of the students through Hindustan Technology Business Incubator (HTBI) & Hindustan Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre (HEIC)
- Strong Alumni Network
- Sponsorship to attend seminars/conferences (National & International)
- Highly qualified faculty with industry and academic experience
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories and workshops
- International Mobility Programmes including one semester abroad program, student/faculty exchanges and higher studies
- Scholarship available for meritorious and sports students
- MOUs with leading industries and institutions in India and Abroad
- Excellent library facility with complete digital access for online databases like SCOPUS, IEEE, Springer, ScienceDirect, Nature, etc
- Opportunity to be involved in various research centres and projects on campus.
- Regular Industrial Visits & Internship to execute projects at national and international Industries/Institutions
- 10 Research Centres and 7 Schools (Aeronautical, Building, Computing, Electrical, Management, Mechanical, Science & Humanities)
- Adherence to Bloom’s Taxonomy and Outcome Based Education (OBE) Practices
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for students to choose the subjects and teachers
Hindustan University Fees Structure 2019
Hindustan University provides an environment that fosters not only the intellectual but also the overall personality development to its students. Personality Development Workshops are organized in the University for all enrolled students with a view to equip them with the necessary soft skills required to beat the stringent selection process and emerge successfully in today’s competitive world. The students are exposed to intensive training for acquiring Communication, Motivation and Leadership Skills. They gain essential inputs in goal setting and team building. They also undergo Case Study Analysis, Extempore, Group Discussion and Personal Interview Session. More than nine hundred students of pre-final and final year undergraduate and postgraduate programs are benefited from these workshops every year. The University considers training and placement as its key duties to every student who enrolls with the University.
The Placement Office of the University provides equal opportunity to all enrolled students to:
- Attend campus interviews conducted for leading companies.
- Do In-Plant Training
- Prepare the students to excel in Aptitude Test, Group Discussions and Interviews.
Hindustan University considers students who have passed their Higher Secondary Examination with commendable marks for admission. An online Entrance Examination (HITSEEE) is conducted every year. The University strictly follows the eligibility criteria of the State Government. Admissions for P. G. Courses are made through entrance test, group discussions and personal interview.
The University conducts Online Entrance Examination at various cities across India every year. Students seeking admission for undergraduate programmes have to register online to appear for the Entrance Examination on dates specified in the advertisements. The time duration of the entrance examination is 2 hours. Students are required to answer 120 questions covering. Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Based on the entrance examination score and marks in the qualifying examination, the rank list is prepared for admission to U.G (Engineering & Technology) Programmes. The University conducts Online Entrance Examination at various cities across India every year. Students seeking admission for postgraduate programmes have to register online to appear for the Entrance Examination on dates specified in the advertisements. The time duration of the entrance examination is 1½ hours. Students are required to answer 120 questions covering. The subjects of the UG are based on the entrance examination score, the rank list is prepared for admission to P.G (Engineering & Technology) Programmes.
Hindustan University Entrance Exam
About the Exam:
Hindustan University considers students who have passed their Higher Secondary Examination with commendable marks for admission. An online Entrance Examination (HITSEEE) is conducted every year. The University strictly follows the eligibility criteria of the State Government. Admissions for P. G. Courses are made through entrance test, group discussions and personal interview. The University conducts Online Entrance Examination at various cities across India every year. Students seeking admission for undergraduate programmes have to register online to appear for the Entrance Examination on dates specified in the advertisements. The time duration of the entrance examination is 2 hours. Students are required to answer 120 questions covering. Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Based on the entrance examination score and marks in the qualifying examination, the rank list is prepared for admission to U.G (Engineering & Technology) Programmes.
- Eligibility criteria of HITSEE are prepared by the authorities of the examination.
- Candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply for the examination.
- If applicants do not fulfill the eligibility criteria, their application will be cancelled by the authorities of the university.
- The eligibility requirement is different for different courses.
- The complete eligibility criteria for HITSEEE 2018 is given below:
For B.Tech Courses
- Candidates who want to take admission to the B.Tech Degree program should have completed their higher secondary examination (10+2) from a recognized board of secondary education with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
- Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together.
- The university won’t consider improvement marks for admission.
For B.Tech Biotechnology
- Candidates should have completed their higher secondary examination (10+2) from a recognized board of secondary education.
- Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50 % marks in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together.
For B.Arch Courses
- Candidates should have completed their higher secondary examination (10+2) from a recognized board of secondary education with a minimum of 50% marks with mathematics or business mathematics as one of the main subjects.
- Alternatively, candidates can complete a 3 year diploma program (10 +3) with a minimum of 50% marks with mathematics as one of the main subjects.
- Candidates must have qualified NATA examination with a minimum of 80/200 score.
Age Limit and Nationality
- Candidates applying for HITSEEE 2018 should have reached at least 17 years of age when they are filling the application form.
- The upper age limit for applying for HITSEE 2018 is 19 years.
- Candidates should be less than 19 years or 19 years on the last week of April, 2018.
- Only Indian nationals, residing in India can apply for HITSEEE 2018.
Candidates interested in appearing for HITSEEE 2018 must know about all the important exam dates so that they can apply for the examination on time. The important exam dates of HITSEEE 2018 are given in the table below:
|Commencement of application form submission||05 Dec 2018|
|Last date for issue of application form||08 Apr 2019|
|Download Admit Card Online||3rd week of Apr 2019|
|Entrance exam dates for Chennai centres||28 Apr to 02 May 2019|
|Entrance exam dates for outside Chennai centres||28 – 29 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of result||1st week of May 2019|
|Counselling for admission||15 – 25 May 2019|
How to Apply:
- Candidates can fill HITSEEE 2019 Application Form in any of the given modes:
HITSEEE Online Application Form 2019
- Applicants must log in to the official website of Hindustan University which is www.hindustanunvi.ac.in
- Click on the Register for HITSEEE 2019 Exam link on the home page.
- Fill up the login credentials such as valid email ID.
- Login to the website.
- Read the instructions carefully prior to applying for the exam.
- Fill all the required details in the application form.
- Check all the details before submitting the form.
- Upload a recent photo and signature as per the specifications, that is, in the jpeg format not more than 50 Kb.
- Attach the required documents such as mark sheets and then select exam centers.
- Click the Submit button to submit the details.
- Pay the application fee of INR 925 using credit or debit card or using net banking for online application and Rs.1000 for offline application.
- Take the print out of the provisional registration slip and preserve it for future reference.
HITSEEE Offline Application Form 2019
- Candidates will have to purchase an application form by paying INR 1000 in cash or by DD in favor of Hindustan University Institute Of Technology & Science payable at Chennai.
- Candidates fill the application form correctly and neatly along with the relevant documents and the application form should be submitted at The Hindustan University Institute Of Technology & Science, Chennai.
- HITSEEE 2019 Admit Card will be available by the first week of April 2019.
- All candidates who have successfully applied for HITSEEE Exam can download the Admit Card from the official website.
- HITSEEE will not issue any hard copy of the admit card.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without HITSEEE 2019 Admit Card. They must carry the admit card with a passport size photograph and ID proof.
HITSEEE 2019 is set to be conducted in Last week of April 2019. Only Indian nationals, residing in India can apply for HITSEEE 2019. HITSEEE Exam Pattern has not seen any major changes over the year. Here are the highlights of HITSEEE Paper Pattern:
- Exam duration: 2 hours
- Total number of questions: 120 questions
- Questions type: Objective type questions
- Questions will be asked from subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of H.S.C exam.
- Exam pattern of HITSEEE 2018 is further explained in the following table:
We know by now that HITSEEE contains 3 main sections viz. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. It is essential for candidates to understand the pattern and syllabus of the exam before they plan their preparation. Here are all the important topics of the three sections that a candidate must prepare:
|Semiconductor devices and their applications|
|Atomic and Nuclear Physics|
|Electromagnetic waves and wave optics|
|Magnetism and Magnetic effects of electric current|
|Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter|
|Chemistry||Alcohols and Ethers|
|Isomerism in organic compounds|
|P, D and F block elements|
|Organic nitrogen compounds|
|Coordination chemistry and solid state chemistry|
|Carboxylic acids and their derivatives|
|Analytical geometry of three dimensions|
|Application of matrices and determinants|
|Integral calculus and its application|
The exam center for HITSEEE 2018 will be mentioned clearly on the admit card of candidates.
They are allocated on the basis of preferences of candidates that they have mentioned while filling the application form.
Candidates are required to mention the choice of test centers while filling the application form.
Candidates need to report to the mentioned exam center at least 30 minutes before the exam commences.
HITSEEE 2019 is held in all the major cities and towns of the country.
There are 70 online exam centers for HITSEEE 2019.
Candidates need to follow the rules and regulations printed on the back of the admit card on the day of the examination so that they don’t face any problem in the exam center.
Entrance Exam 2019 Result:
- Results of HITSEEE 2019 will be announced tentatively on May , 2019.
- The university will upload the score card on their official website.
- Candidates can see their results and download their score card by visiting the official website of the university.
- They need to login by using their email ID.
- Candidates can see their result by entering their name and application number after logging into the official website.
- Candidates should take a printout of their score card as it will be needed during the time of counselling.
- They should retain the score card till the process of admission is over.
- The cutoff marks will be decided based on the total number of applicants.
Entrance Exam 2019 Counselling:
- HITSEEE 2019 Counselling will start from the Second week of May, 2019 after the results are announced by the university.
- Allocation of seats will be based strictly on HITSEEE All India Rank 2019.
- Candidates who obtain high marks in the entrance examination have higher chances of getting admission in the program of their choice.
Candidates will be eligible for appearing HITSEEE 2019 Counselling session if their name appears in the merit list. Candidates need to carry the following documents in the counselling session:
- HITSEEE 2019 Score Card
- HITSEEE 2019 Hall Ticket
- Certificate of Class 10
- Certificate of Class 12
- AADHAR Card
The counselling sessions for HITSEEE 2019 will be held in the admission office of the Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Hindusthan University Kelambakkam
- Padur, Tamil Nadu
- Estd : 1985
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact : 044-27474262