M Kumarasamy College of Engineering Admission 2018
Established Year: 2000
M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering established in the year 2000 by M.Kumarasamy Health and Educational Trust with a vision to provide technical education for all sections of the society has made rapid strides on all fronts to achieve academic excellence in a short span of time.
The college has earned a remarkable position in the field of technical education through the untiring efforts of the visionary management, competent faculty members and stupendous students.
The institution with its state of the art facilities and dedicated team of faculty members has become a hub of technocrats and is marching towards new frontiers.
- Mega Campus with built up area of 4, 00,000 sq ft and state of the art play grounds.
- Air Conditioned Library in 10000 Sq ft with a collection of 42,310 Text Books, E-books and E-Journals, 30 systems for Online reference and 4000 CD’s of Learned Societies of International/ National reputation such as IEEE, J-GATE, SPRINGER, ASTM, ASCE, McGraw Hill, ELSEVIER, and EBSCO.
- Digital library has a digital storage server and E-learning materials containing video lectures of eminent professors on important subjects.
- With lab capacity of 1500 systems the college serves as host for various events shared with government departments and facilitates selection process for Banks, Top IT companies and Common Entrance test.
- 104 Mpbs Leased Internet Line, Video Conferencing and Wifi Enabled campus for easy accessibility to technological updates.
- Separate Hostels for Boys and Girls in the campus with all Amenities.
- Bus facility from campus to a radius of 50 Kms.
- In Campus ATM, Canteen and Parking facility.
The MKCE Library is to provide information services and access to bibliographic and full text digital and printed resources to support the scholarly and information needs of the Institute Community. The library has built a robust collection of over 55754 books. The Library has an Air conditioned facility and provides access to the best of digital resources through its subscription to various databases consisting of scholarly and industry relevant content. It has computerized all its housekeeping activities using Library Software (Lips inet) that is being maintained and updated regularly. The Digital Library has more than 4355 CDs/ DVDs with multimedia systems provided with Internet connections. Internet connection is available to the students and faculty for accessing digital collections, such as e-books, e-journals,e-database etc.
- Separate Hostels for Boys and Girls in the campus with all Amenities.
- Excellent sports facilities and separate Gym for boys and girls.
- More than 15 clubs are functioning to provide an opportunity for the students to exhibit and enhance their talents.
- The campus also hosts the FM radio channel 91.2 named “K FM 91.2” for the benefit of the people around the area. The channel updates information on the latest technology and other useful information to the general public
- To connect to a Wi-Fi LAN, a computer has to be equipped with a wireless network interface controller. The combination of computer and interface controller is called a station
- All stations share a single radio frequency communication channel. We providing free 24 hour internet facility in hostel.
The M.Kumarsamy Educational Trust realized that the local community needs were unfulfilled due to lack of opportunities .with this view, the trust thought of developing the multi talented students along with local communities by spreading valuable information and knowledge through a powerful, easy and affordable mode of communication. The “K” community radio station was thus established on the campus with a view to benefit students and people from local community.
NAAC Grade: A
B.E – MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
B.E – ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
B.E – ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
B.E – COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
B.Tech – INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
B.E – CIVIL ENGINEERING
B.E – ELECTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING
M.E – COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
M.E – COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
M.E – VLSI DESIGN
M.E – POWER SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
M.E – MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Why Join M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering:
- Placement assistance provided
- Ranked 2nd in Tamil Nadu among ‘outstanding Engineering colleges of Excellence’ by Competition Success Review Survey 2015
- Scholarships for meritorious students
- Autonomous institute
- Courses affiliated to Anna University and approved by AICTE
- MOUs with companies for placements, training and student-faculty development
- Organizes guest lectures, industrial visits, conferences and workshops
M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering Fees Structure 2018
The Training and Placement cell conducts periodic assessment to access the current skills in detail and identify strengths and weaknesses that can be developed among the students. The Training modules are planned right from the First year of the engineering Program.
Training and Placement encompasses three main activities: Training, Education and Development.
- Training: Keeping in view the current trends and technologies being used by the industries, the training curriculum is designed for preparing the students as entry level Graduate Engineer Trainees.
- Education: Appropriate skills for the job profile are acquired by the students during the classroom sessions on Aptitude and Conceptual training.
- Development: This activity focuses upon the personality development to make the students reliable with positive attitude and right decision making.
65% of Seats are allotted through the Counseling bt Govt.of Tamilnadu. in the remaining 35% Management Quota Seats, Merit is given Prominence and normally we Avoid Admitting Candidates who have Secured less than 70% in Higher Secondary Examinations.
M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering Entrance Exam
Institute admits students in its undergraduate B.E/B.Tech programs through TNEA
About the Exam:
Anna University will conduct TNEA 2018 counselling for admission to UG engineering programmes at participating universities tentatively in last week of June. Admission to engineering programmes will be based on marks obtained by candidates in PCM in the qualifying examination. No separate entrance exam will be held. To account for variations in difficulty level of different state boards to that of the State Board of Tamil Nadu, the marks obtained by other state candidates will be normalized. Additionally, the total marks will be reduced to 200 (from 300) for preparing the merit list. Candidates who meet the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will be called for counselling round. Counselling of TNEA will be single window process.
TNEA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of TNEA 2018 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2018 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2018|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2018|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2018|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2018|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2018|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2018|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2018. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2018
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2018
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2018 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2018
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2018 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2018 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2018)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2018
The TNEA 2018 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2018 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2018, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2018 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2018
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2018
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2018 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2018 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering
Call: 04324 272155, 270755
Fax :04324 – 272457
Mobile: 8526733377 , 9842414677
M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering Fees Structure Admission Procedure
Please Leave your enquiry and will respond to you Soon….