Mahatma Gandhi medical college Admission 2018
Management : Trust
Year of Inception of College: 2002
About Mahatma Gandhi medical college institute :
MGMCRI – Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, is a leading medical institution in Pondicherry. Drawing its name from the great patriotic driving force, emancipator and Father of our Nation – Mahatma Gandhi, it stands upright, true to its lofty name and fame. Under affiliation to Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, a Deemed University, MGMCRI offers an amicable and academically challenging environment with an excellent reputation for teaching quality, state-of-the-art study and treatment facilities by it supportive staff. Nationally commended for its academic contributions to professional health education, our Institution serves a highly unique and culturally diverse student body and upholds excellent quality standards, academic advancement and personal growth among its students.
Mahatma Gandhi medical college Facilities:
A modern library housed in a 3 storied building, with a carpet area of 4,000 sq. mts. Fully automated with sophisticated library management software, it offers a unique ambience. Our library provides an excellent source of information to the students as well as the academic community for their educational and research programs with an exhaustive collection of more than 15,000 books, encyclopedias, journals and reports. In addition it has an extensive collection of a wide range of electronic resources in form of online e-journals, e-books and catalogues over the DELNET. It has in-house internet and multimedia facility and the comfort of separate reading and seminar halls, with a study space for 300 students.
With timely attendance being of prime importance, our University has its own fleet of buses to facilitate safe and timely transportation of students and staff to the University Campus from and to various parts of Puducherry during the day.
The University Campus has a café to provide a quick bite for the students, staff and the visitors near the OPD counter along with a regular mess that provides sumptuous food during the working hours.
Our University campus is a home away from home for the students. Various services are provided for the students and staff to make life easy and comfortable amidst their busy schedule with provision of various facilities like STD/ISD phone booth, Internet, Photocopying, Daily Need Store, Indian Bank 24 hrs ATM along with Wi-Fi for the students and staff to stay connected and have information.
Fitness & Recreation
The campus has a well equipped Gym and Fitness Centre along with provision for indoor and outdoor games and other recreational facilities for the students and staff to keep themselves fit and relaxed, after day long toil.
Our campus has beautiful, well structured and separate hostels for Boys and Girls set in a serene atmosphere within the campus. Every hostel room is air-conditioned, spacious, ventilated and well furnished. For the good health and safety of every student in the hostel, ozone purified drinking water. Within the hostel, hygienically prepared, good quality sumptuous food is provided to the students at a very nominal price.
Mahatma Gandhi medical college Courses Offered:
- Child Health ( D.Ch )
- Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases ( D.TBCD )
- Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy ( D.D )
- Radio-diagnosis ( DMRD )
- Anaesthesiology ( DA )
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology ( DGO )
- Orthopaedics ( D.ORTHO )
- Ophthalmology ( D.O )
- ENT ( DLO )
- Community medicine
- General Medicine
- Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases ( Pulmonary Medicine)
- Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- General Surgery
Mahatma Gandhi medical college Entrance Exam
About the Neet Exam:
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is a entrance examination in India, for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS), dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India.NEET-UG (Undergraduate), for MBBS and BDS courses, will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves. However, many colleges and institutes have taken a stay order and conducted private examinations for admission to their MBBS and BDS courses.Undergraduate courses at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, Postgraduate Institute for Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh, Jawarharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research JIPMER are outside the NEET’s purview, as these institutes were set up by separate laws.
NEET 2018 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. From the year 2016 onwards, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2018 including application form, exam dates,etc,.
NEET PG :
The National Board of Examinations has extended the last date for NEET PG 2018 registration by 7 days. Students seeking admission to postgraduate medical and dental courses can apply for the same on or before Nov 7, 2016. Earlier the deadline for registration was fixed on Oct 31, 2017, which has now been extended to November 7. The NEET examination for the postgraduate medical courses will be conducted December 5 to December 13, 2017, and from November 30, 2017, to December 3, 2017, for postgraduate dental courses. The NEET PG 2018 examination will be held at 86 centres in 41 cities across the country. NEET is the single entrance examination for admission to UG and PG medical and dental courses. Candidates who have passed MBBS from a recognised institute and registered with MCI can apply for the c.
Candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of NEET
The application fee for general and OBC candidates is Rs.3750/- whereas it is Rs.2750/- for SC/ ST and PWD candidates.
The following original documents (if applicable) with three sets of photocopies should be brought at the time of counselling and should be submitted if admitted to the course:
- Mark list of H.Sc/10+2 or its equivalent.
- NEET Entrance Examination hall ticket.
- NEET Score Card.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last studied.
- Conduct Certificate from the institution last studied.
- Community Certificate.
- Nativity Certificate.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Certificate (If not Immunised the candidate should undergo Hepatitis B Vaccination before commencement of course).
- Migration Certificate (if necessary).
- Certificates of extracurricular activities if any.
- Four Passport size and Three Stamp size photographs.
- Nationality Certificate and Copy of Passport and Visa (Foreign Students only).
- Pan card of the parent.
How to Apply:
- Fill the Online Application Form and note down the Registration Number.
- Upload photo, signature and Right Hand Index Finger Impression*
- Make Payment of Fee through Credit/Debit Card, Net-banking or by e-challan.
- Print Confirmation Page after Successful remittance of fee .
- The examination will be based on offline mode withduration of 3 hours.
- There will be total180 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be apenalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- The question paper will be available inEnglish & Hindi both.
The question paper of NEET 2018 will be divided into 4 sections. The distribution of questions for each section is as follows-
The Medical Council of India (MCI) announced the syllabus for the NEET-UG in 2011. The syllabus had been initially published as a draft to invite feedback from other stakeholders. The syllabus for NEET-PG is the same as that of the MBBS course described in the MCI Regulations concerning Graduate Medical Education, 1997. The multiple choice questions (MCQs) will be based on the MBBS syllabus, as will the knowledge that needs to be acquired during the internship period, which is also described in said Regulations. The distribution of questions, model questions and method of tie breaking for ranking have been placed on the website, as well as in the Prospectus.
NEET 2018 Result
The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website. It will be declared on 5th June 2018. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website. Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use.A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
NEET 2018 Counselling
The NEET online counselling will be held in three rounds. The online counselling procedures are given here:
- Online Registration:Candidate has to register themselves & participate in the NEET counselling. Candidate has to enter their roll number, registration no., name, mother’s name & DOB, etc. A Login Id & password will be sent to the candidate in registered mobile number & email Id. Candidate has to login with the given Id & password for further procedure.
- Choice Filling & Locking:Candidate has to select the courses & colleges according to their choice. After the selection of courses & colleges, candidate has to lock their Choices.
- Result Announcement:After a few days of choice filling, candidate will receive a message of their allotted college & course. The seat will be allotted to the candidates as per their rank & opted choice for college.
- Reporting at the allotted college:Candidate has to report in the allotted college in a given time period & confirm their seat. If a candidate will not report at the given time period, the seat will be allotted to another candidate.
Mahatma Gandhi medical college Contact Details:
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College
Pillaiyarkuppam, Pondicherry – 607 403,
Phone : 0413-2615449 to 2615458, Fax : 0413-2615457,
Email : email@example.com