MAM College of Engineering Admission 2018
M.A.M. College of Engineering, The Gateway of Knowledge, was founded on 10th of February 1999, and was duly affiliated to the Anna University, Chennai, recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu, and approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) in the same year. The college secured its ISO 9001 certification in the year 2003, and continues to hold the same, till date, with the award of ISO 9001:2010.
The M.A.M. College of Engineering, founded by the lofty mission and vision of its founder, Janab M. Abdul Majedu under the guidance of a noted engineer, academician and an administrator, Dr. S. Sathikh, a former Vice Chancellor of the University of Madras, is led by Dr. M. A. Mohamed Nizam, its Secretary & Correspondent under the directorship of Prof U. Sarvadayaparan, who is also an accomplished academician and an administrator, with a number of laurels and achievements to his credit.
- Entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled
- Separate department specific laboratories
- Central library with collection of over 36290 Books, 1006 back Volumes and over 66 national and 500 international journals (includes both print & online journals) along with digital library for online access of e-resources
- An open air auditorium which can accommodate around two thousand people
- Transportation facility
- Medical center for regular health checkup and medical shop along with 2 ambulances in case of emergency
- Ground facilities for all outdoor games like football, volleyball, badminton, kabaddi, cricket, 200 mts track, etc. along with a multipurpose Indoor stadium
- Shakespeare English Club is there in the college to develop the language efficiency of the students
B.E in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
B.E in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
B.E (Lateral Entry), 3 Years
B.Tech in Information Technology (Lateral Entry), 3 Years
Master of Computer Application, 3 Years
Master of Computer Application (Lateral Entry), 2 Years
Master of Business Administration, 2 Years
MAM College of Engineering has a full-fledged CDP department which seeks the best career prospects for the budding professionals passing out from Engineering, Management, MCA and the other programmes offered. The prime objective of the CDP department is to maintain strong Industry Institute linkage and strive for the holistic development of students & groom them suiting to the Industry requirements. Having benchmarked ourselves with some of the best ascendancy in our arena and with the strong industry patronage of our mentors, ‘Team CDP’ surges ahead in offering tailor-made Career development and Training interventions adapted to the needs of the student community of MAM.
Why join MAM College of Engineering
- Placement assistance provided
- Government and institutional scholarship provided to meritorious and deserving students
- Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and approved by AICTE
- ISO 9001:2008 certified institute and NBA accredited courses
- NBA – Washington accord accredited institution
- Follows NPTEL online courses designed by 7 IIT’s and IISc
- MOU with leading IT companies/institutions and foreign university like IIT Bombay, Oracle, BSNL for research, training etc.
- Organizes periodic industrial visits and guest lectures
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell to promotes entrepreneurship development among students
MAM College of Engineering Fees Structure 2018
- The candidates have to pass 10+2 or equivalent qualifying examination from a recognized Board.
- For admission into B.E. and B. Tech programs, the candidates must have secured 60% marks in Mathematics and 60% in Physics and Chemistry taken together and aggregate of 140/200 in all the above subjects taken together.
- The applicants are required to meet domicile requirements of the state as laid down by the respective Admitting Authorities for admission to their Professional programs.
- The upper age limit for the candidate is 21 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
- a) 10+2+3/4 years Pattern
(b) 10+3 years diploma + 3 years Pattern
(c) (i) 10+2+AMIE*
(ii) 10+3 Years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE.*
MAM College of Engineering Entrance Exam
Institute admits students in its undergraduate B.E/B.Tech programs through TNEA
About the Exam:
Anna University will conduct TNEA 2018 counselling for admission to UG engineering programmes at participating universities tentatively in last week of June. Admission to engineering programmes will be based on marks obtained by candidates in PCM in the qualifying examination. No separate entrance exam will be held. To account for variations in difficulty level of different state boards to that of the State Board of Tamil Nadu, the marks obtained by other state candidates will be normalized. Additionally, the total marks will be reduced to 200 (from 300) for preparing the merit list. Candidates who meet the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will be called for counselling round. Counselling of TNEA will be single window process.
TNEA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of TNEA 2018 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2018 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2018|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2018|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2018|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2018|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2018|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2018|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2018. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2018
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2018
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2018 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2018
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2018 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2018 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2018)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2018
The TNEA 2018 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2018 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2018, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2018 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2018
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2018
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2018 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2018 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
Trichy-Chennai Trunk Road,
Tamil Nadu, India- 621105