Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Admission 2018
Management : Trust
Year of Inception of College : 2010
Status: Recognized (Dr.MGR University)
About Sri Muthukumaran Medical College:
Sri Muthukumaran Educational Trust, Chennai was formed in the year 1984 with the main aim of providing education in the rural areas in the field of schools, Arts & science and Technical Education/Dental Education/ Medical Education.To fulfil the above aims and objects, numbers of educational Institutions have been established in Kancheepuram district. On the same lines Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Hospital with 300 beds was established in the year 2007 as prerequisite for establishment of a Medical College. The Medical College in the name and style of Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Hospital & Research Institute was established in the year 2009 at Chikkarayapuram, Near Mangadu, Chennai – 69.This Institution is a non profit self financing Medical College under the
Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Facilities:
The SMMCH and RI, is provided with land of over 27.11 acres. The Medical College, Hospital, Hostels, Faculty Quarters, Cafeteria and Playgrounds are all provided within the campus.
A Hospital with 700 beds at present and to be expanded with 850 beds ultimately was established at Chikarayapuram with all laboratories, others investigation and inpatient treatment facilities and it started functioning catering to the medical needs of the area from September 2007. A Medical College was established in the year 2009 in the name and style of Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Hospital and Research Institute, at Chikkarayapuram near Mangadu and has been approved by the Authorities to function from 2010-2011.this institute will fall under the category of Telugu Minority Institution.
The Prime mission of the Library is to support education and research programs of the Institute by providing physical and intellectual access to information, consistent with the present and the anticipated education and research function of the institute. In accordance with the objectives of the institute, the library aims to develop continuously a comprehensive collection of documents useful for the faculty and the research community of the institute. The secondary mission is to serve as a resource center for the students and faculty of the institute. The collection of the Library includes Books, Journals, back volumes etc. in different fields.
Departmental labs are 13 in number –
Anatomy – DH, Histology lab,Museum
Physiology : 4 labs- Amphibian/Mammalian/Haematology/Clinical Physiology
Pathology : 2 labs – Morbid anatomy & Histo pathology / Cytopathology
Microbiology : 1 lab
Biochemistry :1 lab
Pharmacology – 2 labs – Clinical Pharmacology/Pharmacy, Experimental Pharmacology
FM : 1 lab
Community Medicine : 1 lab
Hostel accommodation is available for Boys and Girls separately, within the campus. Uninterrupted power supply and water supply is ensured round the clock.All the rooms are well ventilated and built in cupboards have been provided. Solar heaters have been provided in the hostels.
Sufficient toilets and bathrooms are available. Recreation facilities available in the hostel are, Television, Indoor games, News paper etc. The hostel provides hygienic and quality food. A comfortable dining hall has also been provided.
Auditorium is fully air conditioned with seating capacity of 760 is available. Skill Lab is available. Two Demo rooms each in department of Anatomy, Physiology, Bio Chemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, and Community Medicine are available with 75 seating capacity each.
Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Courses Offered :
Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Fees Structure
NEET UG 2018
NEET UG 2018- Application Form, Exam Dates, Admit Card, Result Info
NEET UG 2018- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is going to be conducted for aspirants looking to get admission into MBBS and BDS programmes. The exam is organized by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Interested aspirants may expect its application form availability in the month of December, 2017 and exam is most possible to be conducted in the month of May, 2018.
Eligibility Criteria – NEET UG 2018
Only Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) would be permitted to appear in the test.
Eligibility for All India Quota Seats
- Candidates should be at least 17 years old at admission time or completing the prescribed age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The upper age limit prescribed for aspirants looking to get admission under 15% All India Quota Seats is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Relaxation in upper age limit would be provided to aspirants belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
Minimum Eligibility for State Quota Seats
- Candidates should be minimum 17 years old or will be completing the mentioned age in or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) will be permitted to get admission into medical or dental programmes as per the rules and regulations of Government of India and respective State Government.
NEET exam dates 2018 have been released now. In the table given below, we have mentioned the dates of NEET 2018:
|Events of NEET 2018||Dates (Announced)|
|Starts of online registration||8th February 2018 (Started)|
|Last date of online registration||9th March 2018|
|Last date to submit fee||10th March 2018|
|Form correction window||12th March to 16th March 2018|
|Release of admit card||2nd week of April 2018|
|Date of examination||6th May 2018|
|Display of OMR sheet||2nd week of May 2018|
|Display of answer key||3rd week of May 2018|
|Last date to challenge the answer key||Last week of May 2018|
|Result declaration||5th June 2018|
|Counselling starts (1st round)||12th June to 24th June 2018|
|Seat allotment result declaration||4th week of June 2018|
|Last date of Joining||3rd July 2018|
|Counselling starts (2nd round)||6th July to 12th July 2018|
|Seat allotment result declaration||3rd week of July 2018|
|Last date of Joining||22nd July 2018|
NEET UG 2018- How to Apply?
For applying online candidates need to first visit the official website of the respective authority i.e. www.cbseneet.nic.in. Before starting the application procedure please make necessary documents ready such as mode of payment, photographs etc. Now start filling your application form by inserting only genuine information.
NEET UG 2018 Exam Format
NEET UG 2018 exam Format:
- Candidates will find one questions paper consisting 180 objective type questions.
- Every question will carry four options consisting one right answer.
- Questions are to be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology).
- Questions need to be answered on specially designed machine-gradable sheet by using Ball Point Pen only.
- The authority has specified the exam duration as 3 hours.
- Candidates have authority to choose language mode of the question paper that would be either English or Hindi.
- Aspirants who have either cleared or appearing class XII or its equivalent exam from state boards of Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and West Bengal and looking for admission under State quota seats can find the question paper in their respective regional languages i.e. Assamese, Telugu, Gujarati, Tamil, Marathi, and Bengali.
- Candidates need to bring Admit Card, Post Card Size Photograph, Card Board/Clip Board and good quality Ball Point Pens while coming to the examination centre.
- Candidates need to do all rough work on Test Booklet only.
- Candidates are allowed to use only Blue/Black Ball Point Pen while answering questions.
If you are among list of aspirants who have successfully submitted their application then only you are allowed to download your admit card. Admit card would be accessible from the official website of the respective authority. We will intimate you the actual date for obtaining your admit card however, you may expect your admit card in the month of April, 2018.
NEET UG 2018 Result
The Central Board of Secondary Education is liable to conduct NEET exam, evaluate answer sheet and declare its respective result. Result of aspirants will be declared by 1st week of June, 2018, however this is not the actual date. Actual dates will be updated to aspirants after release of its respective notification. The authority will not declare separate result list of SC/ST category aspirants.
Counselling Details for Seats under 15% All India Quota
Online counselling procedure for 15% All India Quota would be organized by the Directorate General of Health Services and details regarding the same will be updated at its official website.
Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Contact Details:
Chikkarayapuram, Near Mangadu,
Phone : 044-24784040,64997670, 66344000
EMail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.smmchri.res.in
Sri Muthukumaran Medical College MBBS Fees Structure Admission Procedure