Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Admission 2018
Management : Trust
Year of Inception of College: 2006
Status: Recognized(Pondicherry University)
Annual Intake (Seats) : 52
About Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College:
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital (SMVMCH), Pondicherry was established in 2006 managed under the Sri Manakula Vinayaga Educational Trust to provide quality medical education to the aspirants belonging to the weaker sections of the society. SMVMCH is affiliated to the Pondicherry University. SMVMCH’s philosophy is to provide world class quality health care services to all sections of the society at an affordable cost with emphasis on philanthropy. Towards the above objective, the hospital has well qualified and dedicated medical professionals, para medical staff and managerial support who regularly enhance their skills to the most contemporary world standards.
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Facilities:
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital Central Library is the best among the medical college libraries of Pondicherry
- Also equipped with an E- Library
- 16 hours service with supporting staff.
- Spacious 2400Sq. mt.
- Medical books 14730 nos.
- More than Journals 250 nos. (including back volume of Foreign and Indian Journals)
- Medical CD‘s 914 nos.
- Audio visual equipment, internet, Xerox facilities, Uninterrupted power supply.
- Separate Departmental Libraries.
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital digital lab equipped with 40 ultra modern computers of 100 Mbps Internet bandwidth speed is available round the clock within the college premises for the benefit of Staff and Students.
Proquest Full Text 900 and Abstract 300 Online Medical Journals MD Consult, Elsevier electronic product of 84 Full Text Online Medical Journals and 50 leading medical reference E books (Latest Editions). Drug database, Patient Handouts, Medical News, Practical Guidelines, CME, and Medical Images are also available.
N-List (National Library and Information Services infrastructure for Scholarly content) having 55,000 E-books and 2,100 E-journals.
Printout facilities, Uninterrupted power supply.
Lecture Halls and Auditorium
- Six well furnished and spacious Lecture Halls each with a seating capacity of 200
- Seminar Halls for each department
- A well furnished auditorium with a seating capacity of 325
- Specially built Exam hall for 300 students and Air Conditioned CME Hall
- Demonstration rooms at each department
- Halls equipped with latest Audio- visual equipment like OHPs, LCD projectors, Computers, Cordless Microphones etc.
Sports Complex with facilities for Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Tennis and Cricket at the same time in different venues. The complex is located near the hostels and staff quarters. The second phase of the complex that includes pavilions with seating facilities, swimming pool, gymnasium etc. will be completed in a phased manner.
The College provides facilities for transport of staff and students. It operates buses and vans from Puducherry and Villupuram covering most Puducherry state, Villupuram and Cuddalore districts of Tamilnadu State.
Separate transport facility is offered for those who wish to spend their time after 5.00 p.m. in the college for utilizing Internet, library, Digital Library, Sports facilities and so on.
Hostels & Dining
- Proximate to college, Hospital and Playground
- Balcony attached single, double and triple rooms
- 300 seated Mess facility
- Game facility
- Recreation rooms
- Un-interrupted power and water supply
- Communication facility
- Separate hostel facilities are available for male and female students in the campus.
Campus has been provided with well maintained, hygienic canteen, which serves variety of menus including, Chinese, north Indian at subsidized rate. College has separate herbal garden, which has variety of rare plants. It is also provided with a large effluent treatment plant, rain water-harvesting system, Post office, Banks with in the campus.
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Course Offered:
General Medicine and Surgery
Pharmacology and Toxicology
Dermatology and Venerology
Community Medicine andPublic Health
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Fees Structure 2018 Call 9533390009
NEET PG 2018
NEET PG 2018 Important Dates
|S.No.||Events||NEET PG Dates|
|1.||NEET PG registration starts||October 2017|
|2.||Last date to submit NEET PG application form||November 2017|
|3.||Release of NEET PG admit card||24 hours after registration|
|4.||NEET PG exam date||First week of December 2017|
|5.||Announcement of NEET PG result||Second week of January 2018|
NEET PG 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for NEET PG 2018 must go through the eligibility conditions set by the authority. Check important NEET PG eligibility criteria 2018 which must be fulfilled by the candidates below.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- A candidate must have passed MBBS degree and should also have provisional or permanent registration certificate issued by Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC)
- Candidates should have completed one-year mandatory rotating internship on or before March 31, 2018
Candidates who will not be eligible
- The candidates who are completing their internship or likely to complete after March 31, 2018, will not be eligible to apply for NEET PG
- Candidates who will not have permanent registration with Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC) will not be allowed to register.
NEET PG 2018 Application Form
NBE will be releasing the NEET PG application form 2018 online and this year, the applicants must make sure that they have an Aadhaar card. The candidates who don’t have an Aadhaar card must enrol for the same and enter the enrollment ID number while filling the application form. The NEET PG 2018 application form can be filled in the following steps –
- Step 1:NEET PG 2018 registration by creating a profile and providing necessary details
- Step 2:Filling the NEET PG application form with all the required details and documents
- Step 3:Scheduling the date and centre of the examination
- Step 4:Paying the online NEET PG application fee
- Step 5:Viewing and printing of the NEET PG confirmation page
NEET PG 2018 Admit Card
The candidates who will register before the last date, will receive the admit card of NEET PG 2018 within 24 hours on their registered mail ID. The registered candidates can also download NEET PG admit card 2018 by logging in entering their username and password. Candidates have to paste their passport size photograph on the printed copy of NEET PG 2018 admit card. The admit card must be carried by candidates to the exam centre for verification purpose. Along with the admit card, candidates must carry any of the following valid Photo ID:
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Aadhaar card
NEET PG 2018 Exam Pattern
- The test will be held on a computer-based platform in a single session. A negative marking scheme has been introduced for the NEET PG 2018 session i.e. for each incorrect attempt, 1 mark will be deducted. The test will include 300 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and 4 marks will be added for every correct answer. Know more about the NEET PG exam pattern 2018 from the table below.
|Particulars||NEET PG 2018 Exam Pattern|
|Duration of test||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of questions||300 multiple choice questions|
|Total number of marks||1200|
|Marking scheme||+4 marks for every correct answer|
|Negative marking||– 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer|
|Syllabus||Subjects taught during MBBS programmes|
NEET PG 2018 Result
The result of NEET PG 2018 will be announced in the month of January by NBE. NEET PG 2018 result will be announced only for the candidates who will secure minimum qualifying marks in online entrance examination. To download score card of NEET PG 2018, candidates must enter their testing ID, date of birth and captcha code in the required space. NEET PG result 2018 displays the names of candidates score obtained (out of 1500), rank, qualifying status etc.
NEET PG 2018 Counselling
The counselling of NEET PG 2018 will begin from February, by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) and Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). The counselling will be held in online mode for the candidates who will be selected under 50% All India quota seats. All the applicants who have qualified in NEET PG 2018 and listed in the merit list will have to register online for NEET PG counselling 2018. Such candidates also have to select their preferences of courses and colleges. As per the merit rank, preferences of colleges and courses and availability of seats, the final seat allotment result will be published. Once the seat allotment is done, the eligible candidates must report at their allotted institute for document verification and payment of fees.
The counselling for 50% state quota seats will be conducted by designated admission committee of respective states. The eligible candidates will be allotted seats as per their rank in the merit list, choices filled and seats available. After the allotment of seats, candidates have to report at college for document verification, completion of admission process and payment of fees.
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Contact Details:
NH – 45A, Madagadipet
Phone : 0413-2643000, 2643014, 2643031
EMail : email@example.com
Website : www.smvmch.ac.in