Sastra University Admission 2018
Established in 1984
The Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy, known as SASTRA University, is a deemed university in the town of Thirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur district, Tamil Nadu, India. Undergraduate and postgraduate engineering courses are its focus. It offers undergraduate and post graduate courses in Engineering, Science, Education, Management and Arts.
SASTRA University started in 1984 in the form of Shanmugha College of Engineering, affiliated to the Bharathidasan University, Trichy. In 2001 it was renamed as Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy. It was the first institution to get the ‘Deemed University status’ in Tamil Nadu. Srinivasa Ramanujam Center at Kumbakonam is affiliated to it.
In 2011, software company Tata Consultancy Services set a world record of recruiting 1,755 students from SASTRA, the largest recruitment by any company in the world from a single campus.
- Bank and ATM
- Post office
- Book store
- Central Animal facility
- Seminar hall
The campus occupies a built up area of over 2,000,000 square feet (190,000 m2) and houses a population of over 13,000 students.
The institute has nine boys hostels and five girls hostels providing accommodation to over 5000 boys and 3000 girls. There are facilities for sports and body building. There are 30 rooms with all basic amenities catering to the needs of the visitors.
The entire campus is networked with a 1 GB fibre-optic cable and is Wi-Fi enabled to provide wireless access to the 366 Mbit/s internet leased line for the students and faculty. Campus-wide wireless connectivity has been implemented at a cost of over Rs. 35 lakhs providing a wire-less seamless internet connectivity to anybody and anywhere in the campus. Important lectures are recorded using the Tegrity cart and is uploaded in the server & also maintained in the library for use by all the stakeholders. Students and faculty members are provided with Network Attached Storage facility which is platform-independent and is accessible throughout the campus.
- Digital Library
- Wifi Campus
- Well equipped Auditorium
- Round-the clock medical facilities
- Outdoor and Indoor sports facilities
- Different labs for each department
The National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) considered the appeal of SASTRA University and awarded a new score of 3.54. SASTRA University was Awarded A Grade in the 3rd cycle accreditation by NAAC with a score of 3.3 during its visit held during March 2014.
|42||1996||Thapar University (Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology)|
|43||2002||Indian Agricultural Research Institute|
|44||2052||Institute of Mathematical Sciences|
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Bioengineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Bioinformatics Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Biotechnology, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Information and Communication Technology, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
- M.Sc. (Biochemistry / Computer Science / Mathematics / Micro biology), 2 Years
- M.Sc. Biotechnology, 2 Years
- M.Sc. Chemistry / Bio Chemistry, 2 Years
- M.Sc. Material Sciences, 2 Years
- M.Sc. Molecular Biology & Genetics, 2 Years
- M.Sc. Bio Informatics, 2 Years
- M.Sc. Applied Electronics, 2 Years
- M.Tech, 2 Years
- M.Com., 2 Years
- B.Com(Computer applications), 3 Years
Why join Sastra university
- Ranked 40th among ‘Top 100 Engineering Institutes for Research and Teaching’ in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (MHRD) in 2016
- UGC recognized
- Grade ‘A’ accreditation by NAAC
- Accredited by Institution of Engineers, India for B.Tech and by TCS with ‘A’ grade
- Partnership with Wipro Technologies
- Various research papers have been published in International journals
- Collaboration with National and International institutes/industries for research, training etc.
- Faculty comprises of Ph.D holders
Sastra university Fees Structure 2018
- Separate training and placement department
- Conduct programs offering various services meeting the professional development need of the students
- Provides pre placement training and internship to the students
- Training curriculum is meticulously planned with structured and progressive syllabus that facilitates holistic development
- Activities of T & P department:
- Developing verbal and non-verbal communications
- Enhancing public speaking skills
- Imparting personality improvement through in-house and external expert faculty program
- Provides career guidance
- Administering aptitude and psychological tests
- Conducting group discussions and mock interview practice sessions
- Organizing entrepreneurship promotion program
- Arranging in-plant training and obtaining project work form industries
- Assisting for GRE,GMAT and GATE in a simulated environment
- Arranging on and off campus recruitments
Sastra university Admission
Shanmugha Arts,Science,Technology & Research Academy commonly and popularly known as SASTRA University 2018 B.Tech Admissions. Candidates will be granted admissions based on the scoring of JEE Main 2018 and 10+2 examination. Interested candidates can check Application Form,Eligibility Criteria and Exama Dates of SASTRA University B.Tech 2018 Admissions in the below article. The admission process will include filling up Sastra University B. Tech 2017 Application Forms. SASTRA university is one of the top Universities of India. Application Fee Payment
Sastra university Entrance exam
Abou the Exam:
Sastra University will conduct Sastra University B.Tech admission 2018 based on the ratio of JEE Main 2018 and qualifying exam scores of the candidates. The admission to B.Tech 2018 at Sastra University will be on the basis of two streams in which stream 1 will be based on JEE Main 2018 score and qualifying exam scores for 70% seats and stream 2 will be based on qualifying exam for 30% seats. Candidates will have to be eligible for both the streams and fill and submit the common application form of Sastra University B.Tech admission 2018 for the same. Candidates will have to submit Sastra University application form 2018 along with their JEE Main 2018 and qualifying exam results. The details of JEE Main 2018 exam are mandatory for all those candidates who are applying under stream 1. It is to be noted that if a candidate has not appeared for JEE Main 2018 exam and has applied for stream 1, the weighted score for the 25% will be 0 but the qualifying exam aggregate scores will be given 75% weightage to arrive at the combined score. However, in case of stream 2, the qualifying exam scores will be 100%. This way a candidate will be considered in stream 1 and stream 2 by default.
Sastra University B.Tech Admission Dates 2018
Candidates applying for B.Tech admission in Sastra University must know all the dates related to admission. This will help them keep a track of all important events and never miss on them. The list of all admission dates of Sastra University 2018 have been compiled in the table below for candidate’s reference.
Sastra University B.Tech 2018 Admission Dates
|1||Application form availability||First week of April 2018|
|2||Application form deadline||Second week of June 2018|
|3||Rank list publication||Second week of June 2018|
|4||Counselling procedure||Third week of June 2018|
|5||Commencement of classes||First week of July 2018|
Sastra University B.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2018
The eligibility criteria of Sastra University B.Tech 2018 will be certain parameters prescribed by the university, required to be fulfilled by the candidates for admission. Sastra University B.Tech eligibility criteria have been mentioned below:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or any equivalent examination from any recognized State Board/ Central Board or any other accepted by SASTRA with Mathematics & Physics as compulsory subjects and third subject from any one of the following – Chemistry/ Bio‐Technology/ Computer Science/ Biology.
- Candidates must have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/ Bio‐Technology/ Computer Science/ Biology in a single sitting in 10+2 or any equivalent examination.
- Candidates should be less than 19 years of age as on 1.7.2018.
- Candidates must have appeared in JEE Main 2018 exam for stream 1.
Sastra University B.Tech Application Form 2018
The application form of Sastra University for B.Tech 2018 will be released by the university in both online and offline mode for all the candidates. Sastra University B.Tech 2018 application form will be available in offline mode at the university campus in Thanjavur or Kumbakonam from the selected branches of City Union Bank. Candidates must note that application form has to be submitted along with the application fee payable in the form of DD drawn in favour of Sastra.
Procedure to Fill Sastra University B.Tech Application Form 2018
Candidates can know the complete procedure to fill the application form of Sastra University B.Tech 2018 by following the simple steps mentioned below:
Step 1 – Registration
Candidates will have to register themselves by providing the following information:
- Date of birth
- Age (as on 1.07.2018)
- Email address
- Confirm email address
- Mobile number
- Campus applying for
- Course applying for
Step 2 – Login
After registration, candidates will get a login ID and password, which they have to use to login.
Candidates will now have to provide their personal and academic details like:
- 10+2 exam scores
- School passed out from
- JEE Main scores
Step 3 – Payment
Candidates will have to make a necessary payment of the prescribed amount here to be able to move to the next step. The payment for the Sastra University B.Tech 2018 application form can be made through net banking, debit or credit card.
Step 4 – Uploading of documents
Candidates will be required to upload their recent passport size color photograph and signature in the specified format.
Step 5 – Submission
Candidates must check all the details they have provided carefully and then click on “Submit” button. After successfully submitting the application form, candidates are advised to take a print out of the same for future reference.
Sastra University B.Tech Application Fee
The prescribed application fee of Rs 600 has to be made by candidates mandatorily with the Sastra University B.Tech application form.
The downloaded application fee has to be sent to the university office by post with a DD of Rs 650 favouring SASTRA payable at Thanjavur. DD must be sent to Office of Admissions, SASTRA University, Thanjavur – 613 401, Tamil Nadu.
Payment of application fee in offline mode can be done in person by visiting the office and paying Rs 600 through cash.
Office of Admissions
SASTRA University campus in Thanjavur or Kumbakonam
or at Registered Office in Chennai (5, Lakshmi Nivas, Dr.Subbarayan Nagar, Kodambakkam, Chennai
600 024 (Behind Hotel Brown Star, Samiyar Madam Bus Stop. Phone No.: 044‐24838029)
Sastra University B.Tech Admission Procedure 2018
B.Tech admission 2018 in Sastra University will follow the procedure mentioned below:
- JEE Main 2018 and normalized 10+2 scores will be taken together for admission under stream 1
- The scores of JEE Main will carry 25% weightage and 10+2 scores will carry 75% weightage.
- The combined scores will be used to prepare the rank list and candidates will be invited for admission on the basis of the rank list.
- 70% of seats will be filled under stream 1.
- Candidates will be considered for admission based on their normalised aggregate 10+2 or any equivalent exam scores.
- 30% of seats will be filled under stream 2.
Sastra University B.Tech Rank List 2018
The rank list of Sastra University B.Tech 2018 will be released separately for candidates of stream 1 and stream 2. Candidates applying for stream 1 will have a rank list based on JEE Main 2018 scores and normalized scores of 10+2 for 70% of seats. Candidates applying for stream 2 will have a rank list based on normalized 10+2 scores for 30% of seats.
Sastra University B.Tech Counselling 2018
The counselling of Sastra University for B.Tech 2018 will be conducted for both the streams. Sastra University counselling for stream 1 will be conducted during the third week of June 2018 and seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their JEE Main scores and normalised 10+2 scores. Whereas, the counselling for stream 2 will be conducted on the basis of 10+2 scores of the candidates. The rounds of counselling will depend on the vacant seats availability. Candidates will be required to attend the counselling in person along with all their necessary documents.
Sastra University B.Tech Fee Structure 2018
|S.No.||Type||Amount (in INR)|
|1||Tuition fees||Rs 55,000 per semester|
|2||Development fees||Rs 10,000 (one-time payment)|
|3||Sports and unit test fees||Rs 1,000 per annum|
|4||Special fees, Registration fees, Medical Exam fees, etc||Rs 6000 (one-time payment)|
Programmes offered by Sastra University for B.Tech Admission 2018.
Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu- 613401
Phone number: 04362 264 010