Sona College Of Technology Admission 2018
Sona College of Technology is a college located in Salem, Tamil Nadu, India,2017 admissoins started. It is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) of the government of India, NBA accredited and ISO certified, recognized by UGC under Section 2f & 12B of the UGC Act.It gained autonomous status in 2012.
The vision of Sona College of Technology is to become an institute of great repute, in the fields of science, applied science, engineering, technology and management studies, by offering a full range of programs of global standard, to foster research, and to transform the students into globally competent personalities. Their mission is to establish state-of-the-art facilities and resources required to achieve excellence in teaching-learning, and supplementary processes, provide opportunity to the students and bring out their inherent talent and offer Continuing education, and Non-formal vocational education programs that are beneficial to the society.
Institute infrastructure is well equipped with all modern facilities.
All labs are equipped with latest facilities.
Extra – Curricular Facilities
The Library has developed an excellent collection of books, journals and non-book material in science, engineering, technology, humanities, social sciences and management. It maintains separate collections of Reference Books, Bound volumes of journals, Technical Reports, Theses, Video Cassettes, Compact Discs and Micro forms. The library is using Autolib OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue), wherein the users can search the Library Online Catalogue by Author’s name, title, subject, and keywords available on the campus LAN.
Separate hostel facilities are available for boys and girls. The hostel provides accommodation for all the needy students. The rooms are furnished with table, chair, cot and fan.
Under Graduate Degree:
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Textile Technology (Fashion Technology)
Post Graduate Degree:
M.E. – Computer Science and Engineering
M.E. – Software Engineering
M.E. – VLSI Design
M.E. – Product Design and Development
M.E. – Power Electronics and Drives
M.E. – Power System Engineering
M.E. – Engineering Design
M.E. – Communication Systems
M.E. – Structural Engineering
M.Tech. – Information Technology
MBA – Master of Business Administration
MCA – Master of Computer Applications
Why Join Sona College Of Technology
- Placements provided with reputed companies and has been able to provide 100% placements for the year 2015
- Ranked 47thamong ‘Top 50 Engineering Institutions in India’ including the IITs, NITs and Universities by Ministry of HRD, 2016
- Various management, private and government scholarships schemes provided to meritorious and deserving students
- UGC recognized
- Autonomous institution
- Affiliated to Anna University and approved by AICTE
- ISO 9001:2008 certified institute
- Grade ‘A’ accreditation by NAAC
- NBA accredited for CE, CSE, ECE, IT department
- Collaborations with National/ International institutes and industries for R&D, training, development, consultancy, etc.
- Provides campus connect program with top corporates
- 33+ R&D laboratories with cutting edge technology
- Promotes Entrepreneurship Development amongst students
Sona College Of Technology Fees Structure 2018
Placement training plays a major role in shaping up the career goals of students. It is the dream of every engineering student to get placed in a top organization visiting their campus for recruitment. Keeping this key aspect into consideration, it is realized that training is important for engineering students to enhance their employability skills and achieve good placement in various Industries.
At present, the competition for employment is increasing every day and placement has become a challenging task. Training of students and equipping them with life skills has become an important responsibility of the institution. Along with technical expertise, development of a holistic personality is also necessary. To meet out these requirements, a fully fledged training cell is operating in our college to enhance the capabilities of engineering graduates on par with the industry standards.
The prime objective of the Training Cell is
- To look for 100% employment for all students.
- To recognize the core competencies of the students.
- To train the students to meet the expectations of the industry through our Career Development Programmes.
- To build confidence in students and develop right attitude in them and
- To enhance their communication skills.
Training Activities :
- Create awareness about “career planning” and “career mapping” among the students.
- Equip the student with life skills.
- Train the students on “Personality development”.
- Organize Various Training Programmes to train the students in the areas of Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Verbal reasoning through the reputed external training organizations and in-house trainers.
- Trainthe students through Mock Interviews to perform well in the professional interviews as per the expectations of the corporate world.
- Train the students on group discussion techniques
- Conduct online tests and written aptitude tests.
i) Selection Procedure
The selection committee constituted by Sona College of Technology as per the guidelines of the Institution will do selection of the candidates under this scheme.The selection is purely provisional and always subject to the confirmation from the Anna University / Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai.
ii) Selection Committee
The following selection committee constituted by Sona College of Technology as per the guidelines of the Institution will select the candidates for admission for various programmes offered by our institution.
Dr.M. Usha, Principal, Chairman Admissions
Dr.G.M.Kadhar Nawaz, In-Charge Admissions
Mr.Nagappan, In-Charge Admissions
iii) Mode of selection
BE/BTech Degree Programme – First Year
- Based on the cut off marks obtained in the higher secondary (10+2) examination.
- Cut off mark = 200 (100 for Mathematics and 100 for Physics + Chemistry)
BE/BTech Degree Programme – Direct Second Year Lateral Entry
- Based on the percentage marks obtained in the Diploma (10+3/12+2) examination.
ME/MTech Degree Programme
- Based on the entrance (TANCET / CET / GATE) marks conducted by the Anna University & Association of Management of Coimbatore Anna University Affiliated Colleges
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree
- Based on the entrance (MAT / TANCET / CET) marks conducted by the Anna University & Association of Management of Coimbatore Anna University Affiliated Colleges
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Degree & Lateral Entry
- Based on the entrance (TANCET / CET) marks conducted by the Anna University & Association of Management of Coimbatore Anna University Affiliated Colleges
Institute admits students in its undergraduate B.E/B.Tech programs through TNEA
About the Exam:
Anna University will conduct TNEA 2018 counselling for admission to UG engineering programmes at participating universities tentatively in last week of June. Admission to engineering programmes will be based on marks obtained by candidates in PCM in the qualifying examination. No separate entrance exam will be held. To account for variations in difficulty level of different state boards to that of the State Board of Tamil Nadu, the marks obtained by other state candidates will be normalized. Additionally, the total marks will be reduced to 200 (from 300) for preparing the merit list. Candidates who meet the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will be called for counselling round. Counselling of TNEA will be single window process.
TNEA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of TNEA 2018 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2018 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2018|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2018|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2018|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2018|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2018|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2018|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2018. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2018
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2018
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2018 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2018
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2018 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2018 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2018)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2018
The TNEA 2018 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2018 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2018, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2018 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2018
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2018
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2018 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2018 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
Sona College of Technology,
Junction Main Road,
Salem – 636 005,
Phone : 91 – 427 – 2443545, 4099999
Fax : 91 – 427 – 4099888.