Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences Admission 2018
Year of Inception of College : 2006
Date of Permission for MBBS :
22.06.2006 / 06.09.2007 / 06.06.2008 / 26.05.2009 / 16.05.2011
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences is affiliated to Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University and approved by the Medical Council of India and the institution is run by PADANILAM WELFARE TRUST KULASEKHARAM. Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS) Trust was formed by Shri. late K.V. Krishnan Nair, father of Dr. C.K. Velayudhan Nair, inspired by the ideals of his father, the late Dr. Velayudhan Pillai.
The campus has an auditorium with air conditioned where the cultural events, annual days, meetings, inter-college events are held. The College Auditorium has a fixed stage and can accommodate thousands of audience comfortably.
The Multipurpose auditorium is a resourceful addition to the infrastructural facilities of SMIMS useful for large gatherings of students for functions, cultural meets etc.
The library is provided with excellent facilities and ample spaces with lots of natural light for quiet reading, group collaboration, individual research and recreational reading.
Facilities available in the library
- Fully automated
- Book Bank / Question bank.
- Photocopying facility
- Internet facility
- Online journals
Abundant clinical information including surgical procedures, clinical situations etc are recorded and available as audio / video tapes, and compact disks. A good number of reference books are available at the departmental libraries also. The library works on all days from 8.00 am to —- pm. Facilities for photocopying are available in-house.
- Single bath attached rooms with separate boys and girls hostel in the campus under the care of resident warden.
- Rooms are provided with a cot ,cupboard, table and a chair
- Additional rooms for interns and postgraduates.
- Scientifically designed, fully automated, hygienic kitchen and a buffet mess
- Fully mechanized laundry.
- Continuous water supply with a reverse osmosis water treatment plant.
- 24 hour electricity supply with generator back-up.
- Separate television viewing hall.
- Reading room with all leading news papers and periodicals.
- Telephone booth, indoor games hall, well-equipped gymnasium, sprawling playfields and round- the-clock canteen facility.
- We have a branch of City Union Bank and ATM in our Campus. This facility is availed by all our students and faculties. It facilitates easy access for students to carry out quick bank transactions.
- The stationery store in the institute to make the course books and other reading materials available for the students.
- Both indoor and outdoor games are encouraged for the development of well-balanced, young medical graduates.
Pre and Para Clinical Departments
- Physiology including Biophysics
- Pathology including Blood Bank
- Forensic Medicine including Toxicology
- Community Medicine
- Dermatology VenerealogyLeprosy
- Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases
- Radio Diagnosis
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Neuro Surgery
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
Why Join Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences:
Approved by MCI, ISO certified 9001-2008 Many National and International Journals published by the faculties Many workshops ,seminars and conferences organised by the college
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences Fees Structure 2018
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam
About the NEET Exam:
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is a entrance examination in India, for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS), dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India.NEET-UG (Undergraduate), for MBBS and BDS courses, will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves. However, many colleges and institutes have taken a stay order and conducted private examinations for admission to their MBBS and BDS courses.Undergraduate courses at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, Postgraduate Institute for Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh, Jawarharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research JIPMER are outside the NEET’s purview, as these institutes were set up by separate laws.
NEET 2018 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. From the year 2016 onwards, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2018. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2018 including application form, exam dates,etc,.
NEET PG :
The National Board of Examinations has extended the last date for NEET PG 2018 registration by 7 days. Students seeking admission to postgraduate medical and dental courses can apply for the same on or before Nov 7, 2017. Earlier the deadline for registration was fixed on Oct 31, 2017, which has now been extended to November 7. The NEET examination for the postgraduate medical courses will be conducted December 5 to December 13, 2017, and from November 30, 2017, to December 3, 2017, for postgraduate dental courses. The NEET PG 2018 examination will be held at 86 centres in 41 cities across the country. NEET is the single entrance examination for admission to UG and PG medical and dental courses. Candidates who have passed MBBS from a recognised institute and registered with MCI can apply for the c.
Candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of NEET
The application fee for general and OBC candidates is Rs.3750/- whereas it is Rs.2750/- for SC/ ST and PWD candidates.
The following original documents (if applicable) with three sets of photocopies should be brought at the time of counselling and should be submitted if admitted to the course:
- Mark list of H.Sc/10+2 or its equivalent.
- NEET Entrance Examination hall ticket.
- NEET Score Card.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last studied.
- Conduct Certificate from the institution last studied.
- Community Certificate.
- Nativity Certificate.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Certificate (If not Immunised the candidate should undergo Hepatitis B Vaccination before commencement of course).
- Migration Certificate (if necessary).
- Certificates of extracurricular activities if any.
- Four Passport size and Three Stamp size photographs.
- Nationality Certificate and Copy of Passport and Visa (Foreign Students only).
- Pan card of the parent.
- Candidate and parents ID and Address proof issued by government agencies.
How to Apply:
- Fill the Online Application Form and note down the Registration Number.
- Upload photo, signature and Right Hand Index Finger Impression*
- Make Payment of Fee through Credit/Debit Card, Net-banking or by e-challan.
- Print Confirmation Page after Successful remittance of fee .
- The examination will be based on offline mode withduration of 3 hours.
- There will be total180 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be apenalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- The question paper will be available inEnglish & Hindi both.
The question paper of NEET 2018 will be divided into 4 sections. The distribution of questions for each section is as follows-
The Medical Council of India (MCI) announced the syllabus for the NEET-UG in 2011. The syllabus had been initially published as a draft to invite feedback from other stakeholders. The syllabus for NEET-PG is the same as that of the MBBS course described in the MCI Regulations concerning Graduate Medical Education, 1997. The multiple choice questions (MCQs) will be based on the MBBS syllabus, as will the knowledge that needs to be acquired during the internship period, which is also described in said Regulations. The distribution of questions, model questions and method of tie breaking for ranking have been placed on the website, as well as in the Prospectus.
NEET 2018 Result
The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website. It will be declared on 5th June 2018. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website. Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use.A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
NEET 2018 Counselling
The NEET online counselling will be held in three rounds. The online counselling procedures are given here:
- Online Registration:Candidate has to register themselves & participate in the NEET counselling. Candidate has to enter their roll number, registration no., name, mother’s name & DOB, etc. A Login Id & password will be sent to the candidate in registered mobile number & email Id. Candidate has to login with the given Id & password for further procedure.
- Choice Filling & Locking:Candidate has to select the courses & colleges according to their choice. After the selection of courses & colleges, candidate has to lock their Choices.
- Result Announcement:After a few days of choice filling, candidate will receive a message of their allotted college & course. The seat will be allotted to the candidates as per their rank & opted choice for college.
- Reporting at the allotted college:Candidate has to report in the allotted college in a given time period & confirm their seat. If a candidate will not report at the given time period, the seat will be allotted to another candidate.
Padanilam Welfare Trust, Padanila Kulasekharan,
Kanyakumari – 629161
Phone : 04651-280866, 280745, 280740, 278551, 278250
EMail : firstname.lastname@example.org