Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Admission 2019
Management : Trust
Year of Inception of College: 2006
Date of Permission for MBBS :
Annual Intake (Seats) : 150
About Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College :
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital (SMVMCH), Pondicherry was established in 2006 managed under the Sri Manakula Vinayaga Educational Trust to provide quality medical education to the aspirants belonging to the weaker sections of the society. SMVMCH is affiliated to the Pondicherry University. SMVMCH’s philosophy is to provide world class quality health care services to all sections of the society at an affordable cost with emphasis on philanthropy. Towards the above objective, the hospital has well qualified and dedicated medical professionals, para medical staff and managerial support who regularly enhance their skills to the most contemporary world standards.
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Facilities:
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital Central Library is the best among the medical college libraries of Pondicherry
- Also equipped with an E- Library
- 16 hours service with supporting staff.
- Spacious 2400Sq. mt.
- Medical books 14730 nos.
- More than Journals 250 nos. (including back volume of Foreign and Indian Journals)
- Medical CD‘s 914 nos.
- Audio visual equipment, internet, Xerox facilities, Uninterrupted power supply.
- Separate Departmental Libraries.
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital digital lab equipped with 40 ultra modern computers of 100 Mbps Internet bandwidth speed is available round the clock within the college premises for the benefit of Staff and Students.
Proquest Full Text 900 and Abstract 300 Online Medical Journals MD Consult, Elsevier electronic product of 84 Full Text Online Medical Journals and 50 leading medical reference E books (Latest Editions). Drug database, Patient Handouts, Medical News, Practical Guidelines, CME, and Medical Images are also available.
N-List (National Library and Information Services infrastructure for Scholarly content) having 55,000 E-books and 2,100 E-journals.
Printout facilities, Uninterrupted power supply.
Lecture Halls and Auditorium
- Six well furnished and spacious Lecture Halls each with a seating capacity of 200
- Seminar Halls for each department
- A well furnished auditorium with a seating capacity of 325
- Specially built Exam hall for 300 students and Air Conditioned CME Hall
- Demonstration rooms at each department
- Halls equipped with latest Audio- visual equipment like OHPs, LCD projectors, Computers, Cordless Microphones etc.
Sports Complex with facilities for Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Tennis and Cricket at the same time in different venues. The complex is located near the hostels and staff quarters. The second phase of the complex that includes pavilions with seating facilities, swimming pool, gymnasium etc. will be completed in a phased manner.
The College provides facilities for transport of staff and students. It operates buses and vans from Puducherry and Villupuram covering most Puducherry state, Villupuram and Cuddalore districts of Tamilnadu State.
Separate transport facility is offered for those who wish to spend their time after 5.00 p.m. in the college for utilizing Internet, library, Digital Library, Sports facilities and so on.
Hostels & Dining
- Proximate to college, Hospital and Playground
- Balcony attached single, double and triple rooms
- 300 seated Mess facility
- Game facility
- Recreation rooms
- Un-interrupted power and water supply
- Communication facility
- Separate hostel facilities are available for male and female students in the campus.
Campus has been provided with well maintained, hygienic canteen, which serves variety of menus including, Chinese, north Indian at subsidized rate. College has separate herbal garden, which has variety of rare plants. It is also provided with a large effluent treatment plant, rain water-harvesting system, Post office, Banks with in the campus.
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Course Offered:
General Medicine and Surgery
Pharmacology and Toxicology
Dermatology and Venerology
Community Medicine andPublic Health
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Entrance Exam
About the Neet Exam:
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is a entrance examination in India, for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS), dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India.NEET-UG (Undergraduate), for MBBS and BDS courses, will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves. However, many colleges and institutes have taken a stay order and conducted private examinations for admission to their MBBS and BDS courses.Undergraduate courses at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, Postgraduate Institute for Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh, Jawarharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research JIPMER are outside the NEET’s purview, as these institutes were set up by separate laws.
NEET 2018 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. From the year 2017 onwards, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2018 including application form, exam dates,etc,.
NEET PG :
The National Board of Examinations has extended the last date for NEET PG 2018 registration by 7 days. Students seeking admission to postgraduate medical and dental courses can apply for the same on or before Nov 7, 2016. Earlier the deadline for registration was fixed on Oct 31, 2016, which has now been extended to November 7. The NEET examination for the postgraduate medical courses will be conducted December 5 to December 13, 2017, and from November 30, 2017, to December 3, 2017, for postgraduate dental courses. The NEET PG 2018 examination will be held at 86 centres in 41 cities across the country. NEET is the single entrance examination for admission to UG and PG medical and dental courses. Candidates who have passed MBBS from a recognised institute and registered with MCI can apply for the c.
Candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of NEET
The application fee for general and OBC candidates is Rs.3750/- whereas it is Rs.2750/- for SC/ ST and PWD candidates.
The following original documents (if applicable) with three sets of photocopies should be brought at the time of counselling and should be submitted if admitted to the course:
- Mark list of H.Sc/10+2 or its equivalent.
- NEET Entrance Examination hall ticket.
- NEET Score Card.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last studied.
- Conduct Certificate from the institution last studied.
- Community Certificate.
- Nativity Certificate.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Certificate (If not Immunised the candidate should undergo Hepatitis B Vaccination before commencement of course).
- Migration Certificate (if necessary).
- Certificates of extracurricular activities if any.
- Four Passport size and Three Stamp size photographs.
- Nationality Certificate and Copy of Passport and Visa (Foreign Students only).
- Pan card of the parent.
- Candidate and parents ID and Address proof issued by government agencies.
How to Apply:
- Fill the Online Application Form and note down the Registration Number.
- Upload photo, signature and Right Hand Index Finger Impression*
- Make Payment of Fee through Credit/Debit Card, Net-banking or by e-challan.
- Print Confirmation Page after Successful remittance of fee .
- The examination will be based on offline mode withduration of 3 hours.
- There will be total180 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be apenalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- The question paper will be available inEnglish & Hindi both.
The question paper of NEET 2018 will be divided into 4 sections. The distribution of questions for each section is as follows-
The Medical Council of India (MCI) announced the syllabus for the NEET-UG in 2011. The syllabus had been initially published as a draft to invite feedback from other stakeholders. The syllabus for NEET-PG is the same as that of the MBBS course described in the MCI Regulations concerning Graduate Medical Education, 1997. The multiple choice questions (MCQs) will be based on the MBBS syllabus, as will the knowledge that needs to be acquired during the internship period, which is also described in said Regulations. The distribution of questions, model questions and method of tie breaking for ranking have been placed on the website, as well as in the Prospectus.
NEET 2019 Result
The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website. It will be declared on 5th June 2018. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website. Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use.A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
NEET 2019 Counselling
The NEET online counselling will be held in three rounds. The online counselling procedures are given here:
- Online Registration:Candidate has to register themselves & participate in the NEET counselling. Candidate has to enter their roll number, registration no., name, mother’s name & DOB, etc. A Login Id & password will be sent to the candidate in registered mobile number & email Id. Candidate has to login with the given Id & password for further procedure.
- Choice Filling & Locking:Candidate has to select the courses & colleges according to their choice. After the selection of courses & colleges, candidate has to lock their Choices.
- Result Announcement:After a few days of choice filling, candidate will receive a message of their allotted college & course. The seat will be allotted to the candidates as per their rank & opted choice for college.
- Reporting at the allotted college:Candidate has to report in the allotted college in a given time period & confirm their seat. If a candidate will not report at the given time period, the seat will be allotted to another candidate.
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Contact Details:
NH – 45A, Madagadipet
Phone : 0413-2643000, 2643014, 2643031