Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Admission 2018
Management : Trust
Year of Inception of College : 2010
Date of Permission for MBBS :
14/05/2010 / 25.06.2011 / 11.05.2012 / 02.07.2013
Sri Muthukumaran Educational Trust, Chennai was formed in the year 1984 with the main aim of providing education in the rural areas in the field of schools, Arts & science and Technical Education/Dental Education/ Medical Education.To fulfil the above aims and objects, numbers of educational Institutions have been established in Kancheepuram district. On the same lines Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Hospital with 300 beds was established in the year 2007 as prerequisite for establishment of a Medical College. The Medical College in the name and style of Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Hospital & Research Institute was established in the year 2009 at Chikkarayapuram, Near Mangadu, Chennai – 69.This Institution is a non profit self financing Medical College under the
The SMMCH and RI, is provided with land of over 27.11 acres. The Medical College, Hospital, Hostels, Faculty Quarters, Cafeteria and Playgrounds are all provided within the campus.
A Hospital with 700 beds at present and to be expanded with 850 beds ultimately was established at Chikarayapuram with all laboratories, others investigation and inpatient treatment facilities and it started functioning catering to the medical needs of the area from September 2007. A Medical College was established in the year 2009 in the name and style of Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Hospital and Research Institute, at Chikkarayapuram near Mangadu and has been approved by the Authorities to function from 2010-2011.this institute will fall under the category of Telugu Minority Institution.
The Prime mission of the Library is to support education and research programs of the Institute by providing physical and intellectual access to information, consistent with the present and the anticipated education and research function of the institute. In accordance with the objectives of the institute, the library aims to develop continuously a comprehensive collection of documents useful for the faculty and the research community of the institute. The secondary mission is to serve as a resource center for the students and faculty of the institute. The collection of the Library includes Books, Journals, back volumes etc. in different fields.
Departmental labs are 13 in number –
Anatomy – DH, Histology lab,Museum
Physiology : 4 labs- Amphibian/Mammalian/Haematology/Clinical Physiology
Pathology : 2 labs – Morbid anatomy & Histo pathology / Cytopathology
Microbiology : 1 lab
Biochemistry :1 lab
Pharmacology – 2 labs – Clinical Pharmacology/Pharmacy, Experimental Pharmacology
FM : 1 lab
Community Medicine : 1 lab
Hostel accommodation is available for Boys and Girls separately, within the campus. Uninterrupted power supply and water supply is ensured round the clock.All the rooms are well ventilated and built in cupboards have been provided. Solar heaters have been provided in the hostels.
Sufficient toilets and bathrooms are available. Recreation facilities available in the hostel are, Television, Indoor games, News paper etc. The hostel provides hygienic and quality food. A comfortable dining hall has also been provided.
Auditorium is fully air conditioned with seating capacity of 760 is available. Skill Lab is available. Two Demo rooms each in department of Anatomy, Physiology, Bio Chemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, and Community Medicine are available with 75 seating capacity each.
Under Graduate Courses
Post Graduate Degree
- BIO CHEMISTRY
- COMMUNITY MEDICINE
- FORENSIC MEDICINE
- GENERAL MEDICINE
- GENERAL SURGERY
- TB & CHEST
Why Join Sri Muthukumaran Medical College:
Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Hospital & Research Institute AFFILIATED with THE TAMIL NADU DR. M.G.R. MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Fees Structure 2018
Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Entrance Exam
About the NEET Exam:
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is a entrance examination in India, for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS), dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India.NEET-UG (Undergraduate), for MBBS and BDS courses, will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves. However, many colleges and institutes have taken a stay order and conducted private examinations for admission to their MBBS and BDS courses.Undergraduate courses at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, Postgraduate Institute for Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh, Jawarharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research JIPMER are outside the NEET’s purview, as these institutes were set up by separate laws.
NEET 2018 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. From the year 2016 onwards, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2018 including application form, exam dates,etc,.
NEET PG :
The National Board of Examinations has extended the last date for NEET PG 2018 registration by 7 days. Students seeking admission to postgraduate medical and dental courses can apply for the same on or before Nov 7, 2017. Earlier the deadline for registration was fixed on Oct 31, 2017, which has now been extended to November 7. The NEET examination for the postgraduate medical courses will be conducted December 5 to December 13, 2017, and from November 30, 2017, to December 3, 2017, for postgraduate dental courses. The NEET PG 2018 examination will be held at 86 centres in 41 cities across the country. NEET is the single entrance examination for admission to UG and PG medical and dental courses. Candidates who have passed MBBS from a recognised institute and registered with MCI can apply for the c.
Candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of NEET
The application fee for general and OBC candidates is Rs.3750/- whereas it is Rs.2750/- for SC/ ST and PWD candidates.
The following original documents (if applicable) with three sets of photocopies should be brought at the time of counselling and should be submitted if admitted to the course:
- Mark list of H.Sc/10+2 or its equivalent.
- NEET Entrance Examination hall ticket.
- NEET Score Card.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last studied.
- Conduct Certificate from the institution last studied.
- Community Certificate.
- Nativity Certificate.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Certificate (If not Immunised the candidate should undergo Hepatitis B Vaccination before commencement of course).
- Migration Certificate (if necessary).
- Certificates of extracurricular activities if any.
- Four Passport size and Three Stamp size photographs.
- Nationality Certificate and Copy of Passport and Visa (Foreign Students only).
- Pan card of the parent.
- Candidate and parents ID and Address proof issued by government agencies.
How to Apply:
- Fill the Online Application Form and note down the Registration Number.
- Upload photo, signature and Right Hand Index Finger Impression*
- Make Payment of Fee through Credit/Debit Card, Net-banking or by e-challan.
- Print Confirmation Page after Successful remittance of fee .
- The examination will be based on offline mode withduration of 3 hours.
- There will be total180 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be apenalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- The question paper will be available inEnglish & Hindi both.
The question paper of NEET 2018 will be divided into 4 sections. The distribution of questions for each section is as follows-
The Medical Council of India (MCI) announced the syllabus for the NEET-UG in 2011. The syllabus had been initially published as a draft to invite feedback from other stakeholders. The syllabus for NEET-PG is the same as that of the MBBS course described in the MCI Regulations concerning Graduate Medical Education, 1997. The multiple choice questions (MCQs) will be based on the MBBS syllabus, as will the knowledge that needs to be acquired during the internship period, which is also described in said Regulations. The distribution of questions, model questions and method of tie breaking for ranking have been placed on the website, as well as in the Prospectus.
NEET 2018 Result
The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website. It will be declared on 5th June 2018. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website. Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use.A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
NEET 2018 Counselling
The NEET online counselling will be held in three rounds. The online counselling procedures are given here:
- Online Registration:Candidate has to register themselves & participate in the NEET counselling. Candidate has to enter their roll number, registration no., name, mother’s name & DOB, etc. A Login Id & password will be sent to the candidate in registered mobile number & email Id. Candidate has to login with the given Id & password for further procedure.
- Choice Filling & Locking:Candidate has to select the courses & colleges according to their choice. After the selection of courses & colleges, candidate has to lock their Choices.
- Result Announcement:After a few days of choice filling, candidate will receive a message of their allotted college & course. The seat will be allotted to the candidates as per their rank & opted choice for college.
- Reporting at the allotted college:Candidate has to report in the allotted college in a given time period & confirm their seat. If a candidate will not report at the given time period, the seat will be allotted to another candidate.
Chikkarayapuram, Near Mangadu,
Phone : 044-24784040,64997670, 66344000
EMail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.smmchri.res.in