Sri Venkateswara Of Engineering Admission 2018
Established Year: 1998
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering and Technology (SVCET) is an engineering college located in Thiruppachur, Tiruvallur, a district adjacent to Chennai city (formerly Madras), in Southern India. The college was established in 1999 with AICTE approval and started functioning in 2000. Sri Venkateswara Educational and Cultural Trust was formed to provide educational opportunities to students in and around
SVCET is Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in India.
The courses of study are organized on semester programs with each semester providing for a minimum of seventy instructional days. The language of instruction is English. Students are evaluated on a continuous basis throughout the semester.
There are presently five associations in the College to broaden the spectrum of knowledge of the student and provide an insight into the practical application of theoretical aspects taught in the class.
Sri Venkateeswara Of Engineering Admission process, Eligibility, Application Process
SVCE has a well established – fully computerised library with 25630 titles covering all major fields of Science and Engineering. The library covers an area of 1338 sqm, spanning the ground floor, first floor and second floor, with conference room and an ample study space. The ground floor is Air-conditioned. The Library has the following facilities for the faculty, staff and the students: Conferencing, Multimedia, Internet, Reprography and a CD-ROM collection.A book bank for deserving candidates is also being maintained.
The college subscribes to most of the major technical journals including IEEE, IEE,ASCE, ACM, ASTM,J-GATE,MCGRAWHILL ,NATURE and ScienceDirect journals. The total number of volumes available is: 98962. The total number of Print and Online journals subscribed is: 1056. Total number of CD’s is 1725 and the total seating capacity is 250.
We are an institutional member of The British Council Library, and MALIBNET. We strongly believe in e-learning. Towards this we have provided Multimedia Computers with internet connectivity, CBT, CDs, e-books, e-journals etc.
A library committee headed by the Principal, comprising of all the Heads of Departments, and Student Representatives, meets every semester to discuss the functionig of the library .
Separate hostels have been provided for boys and girls by the College. Both hostels are fully furnished and all the facilities have been provided for the comfort of the students. Hostel Mess is run by management and not by contract.
- A Student admitted to the hostel will have no claim to single or double room accommodation and will have to stay in the room allotted to him /her(with two or three inmates)
- Inmates of each room are jointly responsible for the furniture, electrical fittings, etc.,and any damage to the hostel property is recoverable from them.
- No female guest can be entertained in the men’s hostel, likewise, no male guest can be entertained in the women’s hostel.
- Use of drugs, alcohol and any kind of gambling are strictly prohibited.
- Students are not permitted to entertain any day scholar / guest to stay with them, without prior permission from the resident-warden.
- In case of serious illness and infectious diseases, the student should bring the notice of the resident warden immediately.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against inmates who violate the hostel rules, Boys hostel is of 40000sq.ft.
- A hygienic canteen is functioning in the college campus, to provide quality food, snacks, tea, coffee, cool-drinks, etc., Periodic checks will be made to see that the quality of items are maintained.
The College has good and modern playground with sophisticated playing equipments for the benefit of the students. The college conducts sports meet regularly and award prizes for the winners. The college has exclusive sports personnel for the benefit of the students to train them in various sports activities. The students are won prizes in various anna university zonal level tournaments in various games and sports. The transport facility is provided for the staff and students for easy travel from several areas of Thiruvallur, Perambakkam, Uthukottai, Thiruttani and Chennai. There are 20 buses catering the needs of the staff and students. They operate through various important routes covering several areas of Chennai and other places. Violation of any of the transportation rules or misbehaviour inside the bus will be viewed seriously.
NAAC Grade: A
Under Graduate Courses
- E. Civil Engineering
- E. Computer Science and Engineering
- E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- E. Eletronics and Communication Engineering
- E. Mechanical Engineering
Post Graduate Courses
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- E.VLSI Design
- E. Computer Science and Engineering
- E. Power Electronics and Drives
Why Join Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering:
- MOUs with leading companies and foreign institutes
- Recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR)
- Institutional memberships in organizations like ISTE, IEI, IEEE and CSI
- Promotes entrepreneurship among students
- Organizes guest lectures, industrial visits, conferences, workshops and seminars
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering Fees Structure 2018
- Our college has independent placement office devoted to cater the needs of organization to provide placement, preparatory programs, winning skills,personality development and CV preparation. It is headed by a Professor designated as Placement Officer.
- Placement hours have been allocated to the students for conducting placement oriented activities. During this session, aptitude, interview tips and group discussion are impacted to the students by placement coordinators.
- Entrepreneurship development programs are conducted to motivate aspiring students.
- The students take part in technical symposium, quiz programs, conference,workshop and campus recruitments are given proper recognition in the premises.
- Guest lectures, soft-skill programs and aptitude coaching are being conducted by respective professionals in our campus to enrich the student knowledge and skills.
- Quality improvement programs are provided to the faculty members and they are offered to participate in FDP session, women empowerment programs,seminars and workshops conducted in various other colleges.
Candidates satisfying the following eligibility rules as on last date of submission of application are eligible to apply. Passing the qualifying examination or changing the religion etc. after this date shall not be considered.
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering Entrance Exam
About the Exam:
Anna University will conduct TNEA 2018 counselling for admission to UG engineering programmes at participating universities tentatively in last week of June. Admission to engineering programmes will be based on marks obtained by candidates in PCM in the qualifying examination. No separate entrance exam will be held. To account for variations in difficulty level of different state boards to that of the State Board of Tamil Nadu, the marks obtained by other state candidates will be normalized. Additionally, the total marks will be reduced to 200 (from 300) for preparing the merit list. Candidates who meet the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will be called for counselling round. Counselling of TNEA will be single window process.
TNEA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of TNEA 2018 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2018 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2018|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2018|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2018|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2018|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2018|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2018|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2018. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2018
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2018
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2018 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2018
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2018 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2018 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2018)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2018
The TNEA 2018 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2018 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2018, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2018 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2018
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2018
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2018 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2018 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering,
044 – 2766 4444 , 2766 6299