Tirunelveli Medical College Admission 2018
Management : Govt
Year of Inception of College : 2000
Date of Permission for MBBS :
08.04.2000/ 09.10.2001 / 10.09.2002 / 11.07.2003 / 28.07.2004 / 15.07.2005 / 02.06.2006 / 08.01.2007 / 04.07.2014 / 10.06.2015 (2015-16) increase of seats
Tirunelveli Medical College fondly referred to by its alumni as TVMC, is a government run premier medical institution in South India. The college is under affiliation to the Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, State of Tamilnadu, India and is wholly owned and administered by the Government of the State of Tamil Nadu. The Institute is a medical teaching institution recognized by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi, India and is within the list of Medical Teaching Institutes of the World Health Organisation. The Tirunelveli Medical College is proud of a worldwide alumni referred to by the name Nellaimedicos. The college enshrines the motto – Duty, Dignity and Discipline and is school for 1800 graduate, postgraduate and diploma students from around the country in various medical and paramedical faculties. The College and its constituent hospital are located in a sprawling campus of 228acres at Highgrounds in the city of Tirunelveli. The college, hospital and the hostels are all located within a radius of 1 kilometre of each other and within 7 kilometres of the city Railway Terminal and Intercity bus station.
Our Hospital has 1100 Beds, and includes super speciality departments. The Hospital has 24hrs functional out-patient, in-patient and causality to handle all the type of emergencies and routine patients. The hospital has well equipped operation theatres, ICU, IMCU & general wards. Hospital also caters to the Chief minister’s comprehensive health insurance scheme patience who are treated in separate air condition wards. The College has 4 Lecture halls with a seating capacity of 180 and one Lecture halls with a seating capacity of 400. All the lecture hall have state of the art facility fitted with the most modern teaching devices like computer interactive touch panels, LCDs , High Resolutions Projectors and Document Camera’s.
Welcome to the Central Medical Library in the TVMC Campus. This is grove of books and information which has grown to be an independent unit of the TVMC. We have a 3500sqm of floor space for all facets of medical science and all citizens of the campus. We have a e Journal section with a full gamut of references to aid research and teaching. We are also proud to inform that efforts at establishing an e Journal named tejms – Tirunelveli e Journal of Medical Sciences, e-Medical education portal named mEd hall for storage and retrieval of medical powerpoints and videos are on the anvil under the Innovation & Strategic Planning Initiative of the institute.
We have well equipped central lab available to carry out routine and specialised investigations. Each ward has a separate side lab. College campus houses Student lab, Clinical Lab & research lab.
The ladies hostel provides accommodation for 350 students of our campus. The Ladies Hostels are located in a enclave of 8000sqm and with three building units of 1471.95sqm, 1370.36sqm & 1254.32sqm respectively. In the spacious and ventilated dining hall 100 students can dine at a time. The first building was established in the year 1974. Presently the three hostel blocks have a total enrollment of 320 graduate ladies. These buildings have been named as House of Angels, Palace of Princess & House of Junior Angels. The gentlemen hostel provides accommodation for 350 students of our campus. The Hostels are located in a separate enclave of 0.75acres and with two building units of 1471.95sqm & 1454.32sqm respectively. In the spacious and ventilated dining hall 100 students can dine at a time. The first building was established in the year 1970. Presently the two hostel blocks have a total enrollment of 210 graduates. These buildings have been named as House of Lords & House of Princes.
Undergraduate Medical Courses
Postgraduate Medical Courses
- Degree courses (3 years in duration)
- MD General Medicine (9seats/year)
- MD Paediatrics (3seats/year)
- MD Anaesthesiology (4seats/year)
- MD Psychiatric Medicine (1 seat/year)
- MD Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy (DVL)(1seat/year)
- MD Chest Medicine (2seat/year)
- MD Pharmacology (2seats/year)
- MD Pathology (7seats/year)
- MD Microbiology (5seats/year)
- MD Forensic Medicine(1seat/year)
- MD Physiology (2seats/year)
- MS General Surgery (10seats/year)
- MS Orthopaedics (3seats/year)
- MD Obstetrics and Gynaecology (OBG)(3seats/year)
- MS Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)(1seat/year)
- MS Ophthalmology (1seat/year)
Superspeciality Medical Courses
- DM Neurology (1seat/year)
Para Medical Courses
- DNMW Diploma in Nursing (100seats/year)
- DMLT Diploma in Medical Lab Teachnology (100seats/year)
- DRDT Diploma in Radiodiagnosis Technology
- DRTT Diploma in Radiotherapy Technology
Certification courses in
- Acute Care Technology
- Respiratory Care Technology
- Operation Theater Technique
- Anesthesia Technology
- Plaster Technician
- Hemodialysis Technology
- Echo & ECG Technology
Why Join Tirunelveli Medical College:
The college is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University. The college and the hospital are funded and managed by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
Tirunelveli Medical College Fees Structure 2018
Tirunelveli Medical College Entrance Exam
About the NEET Exam:
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is a entrance examination in India, for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS), dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India.NEET-UG (Undergraduate), for MBBS and BDS courses, will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves. However, many colleges and institutes have taken a stay order and conducted private examinations for admission to their MBBS and BDS courses.Undergraduate courses at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, Postgraduate Institute for Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh, Jawarharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research JIPMER are outside the NEET’s purview, as these institutes were set up by separate laws.
NEET 2018 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. From the year 2016 onwards, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2018 including application form, exam dates,etc,.
NEET PG :
The National Board of Examinations has extended the last date for NEET PG 2018 registration by 7 days. Students seeking admission to postgraduate medical and dental courses can apply for the same on or before Nov 7, 2017. Earlier the deadline for registration was fixed on Oct 31, 2017, which has now been extended to November 7. The NEET examination for the postgraduate medical courses will be conducted December 5 to December 13, 2017, and from November 30, 2017, to December 3, 2017, for postgraduate dental courses. The NEET PG 2018 examination will be held at 86 centres in 41 cities across the country. NEET is the single entrance examination for admission to UG and PG medical and dental courses. Candidates who have passed MBBS from a recognised institute and registered with MCI can apply for the c.
Candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of NEET
The application fee for general and OBC candidates is Rs.3750/- whereas it is Rs.2750/- for SC/ ST and PWD candidates.
The following original documents (if applicable) with three sets of photocopies should be brought at the time of counselling and should be submitted if admitted to the course:
- Mark list of H.Sc/10+2 or its equivalent.
- NEET Entrance Examination hall ticket.
- NEET Score Card.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last studied.
- Conduct Certificate from the institution last studied.
- Community Certificate.
- Nativity Certificate.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Certificate (If not Immunised the candidate should undergo Hepatitis B Vaccination before commencement of course).
- Migration Certificate (if necessary).
- Certificates of extracurricular activities if any.
- Four Passport size and Three Stamp size photographs.
- Nationality Certificate and Copy of Passport and Visa (Foreign Students only).
- Pan card of the parent.
- Candidate and parents ID and Address proof issued by government agencies.
How to Apply:
- Fill the Online Application Form and note down the Registration Number.
- Upload photo, signature and Right Hand Index Finger Impression*
- Make Payment of Fee through Credit/Debit Card, Net-banking or by e-challan.
- Print Confirmation Page after Successful remittance of fee .
- The examination will be based on offline mode withduration of 3 hours.
- There will be total180 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be apenalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- The question paper will be available inEnglish & Hindi both.
The question paper of NEET 2018 will be divided into 4 sections. The distribution of questions for each section is as follows-
The Medical Council of India (MCI) announced the syllabus for the NEET-UG in 2011. The syllabus had been initially published as a draft to invite feedback from other stakeholders. The syllabus for NEET-PG is the same as that of the MBBS course described in the MCI Regulations concerning Graduate Medical Education, 1997. The multiple choice questions (MCQs) will be based on the MBBS syllabus, as will the knowledge that needs to be acquired during the internship period, which is also described in said Regulations. The distribution of questions, model questions and method of tie breaking for ranking have been placed on the website, as well as in the Prospectus.
NEET 2018 Result
The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website. It will be declared on 5th June 2018. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website. Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use.A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
NEET 2018 Counselling
The NEET online counselling will be held in three rounds. The online counselling procedures are given here:
- Online Registration:Candidate has to register themselves & participate in the NEET counselling. Candidate has to enter their roll number, registration no., name, mother’s name & DOB, etc. A Login Id & password will be sent to the candidate in registered mobile number & email Id. Candidate has to login with the given Id & password for further procedure.
- Choice Filling & Locking:Candidate has to select the courses & colleges according to their choice. After the selection of courses & colleges, candidate has to lock their Choices.
- Result Announcement:After a few days of choice filling, candidate will receive a message of their allotted college & course. The seat will be allotted to the candidates as per their rank & opted choice for college.
- Reporting at the allotted college:Candidate has to report in the allotted college in a given time period & confirm their seat. If a candidate will not report at the given time period, the seat will be allotted to another candidate.
3rd Mile, Kamaraj Nagar
Phone : 0461-2392698,2321051
EMail : email@example.com
Website : http://www.thoothukudi.tn.nic.in/medical_college.h
Tirunelveli Medical College Fees Structure Admission Procedure Contact
Please leave your enquiry and I will respond to you soon