Vels University Admission 2018
Established Year: 1992
Established with the aim of transforming an individual into a complete man with character and ability committed to national service and development. The trust was founded by Dr. Ishari K Ganesh, M.Com, MBA, B.L, Ph.D, a visionary and an eminent educationist, in fond memory of his father Shri.Isari Velan, a former minister in the popular Govt. of Dr. MGR. Vael’s Educational Trust has always served to take education to the thresholds of first generation learners and weaker sections of the society.
The University status was conferred to Vel’s Group of Institutions, by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. As a logical consequence of this, the founder Chairman Dr.Ishari K.Ganesh has become the President/Chancellor and now he leads the implementation of strategic plan that aims to shape the institute’s future growth. He visualizes an University which will be globally more competitive and internationally recognized institution.
The University is governed by Governing Board or otherwise known as Board of Management and this is the highest statutory body of this University. The members of this Board is drawn from various agencies. The Board has members representing University Grants Commission, Govt. of India, Industry, Eminent persons out side Academia, Senior Academic persons and senior officials of the University. The President/Chancellor is the Chairman of the Board and the board meets periodically to frame policies and programmes for the growth and improvement of VISTAS.
A striking feature of this University is well-planned and comprehensive, infrastructure provided to the students and faculty. They are:-
- Spacious Lecture Halls
- Well equipped state-of-the-art Laboratories
- Air-Conditioned Computer Training Centre
- Modern Conference Halls
- Well-equipped Digital Library
- Audio / Visual Communication Aids
- Fully Air-conditioned Auditorium
- Broadband Internet Connectivity – 2 Mbps
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Free Clinic
- ATM facilities
- Well organized Transport
- Power Supply: To ensure continuous supply, HT power supply is maintained specifically for University. To overcome unexpected power failures, two separate generators with capacity of 200 kw & 400 kw were installed in the campus.
Vels University Library building spans over an area of 20,000 sq. ft. It has a seating capacity of 400 persons and follows Open Access System blended with State-of-the art facilities. The library houses a collection of 1,00,549 books and 8,645 back volumes. It subscribes to more than 328 Periodicals (National & International), 11,717+ E-journals, 1,08,438 E-Books, 3,590 Dissertations, 4,766 Audio – Visual resources. Our vision is to provide world-class knowledge resources that not only cater to the curricular requirements but also provide intellectual enquiry and research. We have a separate library for Maritime Studies at Thalambur having built up area of 3,000 sq. ft and more than 5,000 books.
The transactions of the library are fully automated and automation covers the entire gamut of library activities such as acquisition, circulation with provision for renewal, reservation, serial control, OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue), and generating various types of reports and statistics.
Besides the Central Library, each School has its own Library with technical books and journals.
- Stack Area I: It contains more than 87,053 books on Arts, Science & Technology, Paramedical, Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Directories, Thesaurus, Year Books, Glossaries, Maps and Atlases.
- Stack Area II: It contains more than 1,500 books for students to prepare for the various Competitive Examinations and Student Project Reports.
- Reference Section: This section has over 11,659 books in various disciplines.
- Periodical Section: This section over 8,645 Back Volumes of Scientific and Technical periodicals. It also contains 328 Periodicals from various Professional Societies.
- Digital Library: It facilitates access to Electronic Information Services to ensure that the information needs of our Students, Faculty and Staff are met. Staff and Students can access E-journals fromIEEE/IEL, ASME, ASCE, EBSCO (Academic Search complete & Business Source Elite), ProQuest, BENTHAM Science Pharmacy, MICROMEDEX’S DRUGDEX SYSTEM, INVENTI Online, NATURE Online, Law finder, NPTEL Course Material and Ebrary E Books complete collection.
- Audio – Video Conference Hall: It houses LCD and Pentium Systems with Internet. It will be used for the presentation of audio visuals available in the library or in selective cases brought from the other libraries also.
- Reprographic Section: It provides copier facility for the benefit of those who access the Library.
There are separate hostels for men and women within the campus itself. The management fixes the room rent and establishment charges reasonably. Laundry facility is also available to the students on chargeable basis. A fully qualified Medical Attendant is available at the campus. Medical and hospital facilities are available at Pallavaram and the cost of the same would have to be met by the students. Mess and Canteen facility is available for the inmates at reasonable rates.
The University has vast and well laid out tracks. Excellent facilities are offered for all the indoor and outdoor games. The students get excellent training by a qualified Physical Director and his team of assistants. The students are encouraged to participate in various inter collegiate competitions to exhibit their talents and win medals and trophies. Vel’s Sports Academy is functioning to promote sports and games.
|B.E. (Civil Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Marine Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)||4 Years|
|Diploma in Marine Engineering||3 Years|
|Graduate Marine Engineering (GME)||1 Years|
|M.E. (Automobile Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Communication Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Computer Integrated Manufacturing)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Computer Science and Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Construction Engineering and Management)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Power Electronics and Drives)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Structural Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.Tech. (Infrastructure Engineering and Construction Management)||2 Years|
Information Technology Courses
|B.E. (Computer Science and Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Sc. (Information Technology)||3 Years|
|M.E. (Embedded Systems)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Information Technology)||2 Years|
|B.B.A. + M.B.A.||5 Years|
|B.Sc. (Catering Science and Hotel Management)||3 Years|
|Diploma in Hotel Management||3 Years|
|Diploma in Hotel Mangement and Catering Technology||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Executive)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Finance)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Health Care Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Human Resource Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Logistics & Shipping Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Marketing)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Systems Management)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Travel & Tourism)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Biotechnology & Management)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Hotel & Catering Management)||2 Years|
Why Join Vels University:
- More than 93% placement record
- Scholarships for meritorious students worth up to 7.5 crores
- Deemed University by UGC
- Partnership with many institutions for research and student exchange programs
- Promotes research among faculty members, research scholars and students
- Conducts seminars, conferences, workshops and symposium
- Provides laptop
Vels University Fees Structure 2018
- Separate training and placement cell
- The cell besides conducting Industry based aptitude tests, Group Discussions, Mock HR interviews provides career counselling for every student
- A major initiative has been taken to have collaboration with Data Storage Institute, Singapore to facilitate international placement and training
- Provides placements in highly reputed companies
Top recruitment Companys:
- Domino’s Pizza
- Cafe Coffee Day
- Taj Hotel Resorts and Palaces
- Admissions to various academic programmes are organised on all India basis
- Advertisement in leading dailies
- Application and Prospectus – direct sales and through website
- Registration of candidates in eligible courses
- Preparation of Rank list and checking eligibility (Departments concerned)
- Medical Examinations (Maritime Studies)
- Provisional selection based on the basis of merit (as per Central Govt. reservation norms) irrespective of region, caste, creed or sex.
- Interview cards sent to applicants
- Issue of admission cards and payment of fees
For the all the Professional courses admissions are based on marks scored in entrance examination and qualifying examinations.
Vels University Entrance Exam:
About the Exam:
VEE 2018 (Vels Entrance Exam) will be organized for the students those wish to get admission in the Vels university campuses. VEE 2018 Entrance Exam is conducted by the Vels University to offer admission in Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Law, and many other courses. It is a university level examination. Candidates have to pass the Vels University Entrance Exam for admission into above courses. Check this article to know complete information about VEE entrance exam including exm dates, application form, eligibility criteria and exam pattern.
VEE Exam Dates 2018
Applicants can check the tentative exam dates of VEE 2018:
|Online Application Availability||Last week of December 2017|
|Last date to fill the application form||Last week of April 2018|
|Admit Card Issued||1st week of May 2018|
|Date of Exam||2nd week of May 2018|
|Result declaration||1st week of June 2018|
VEE Application Form 2018
- Applicants can purchase the VEE application form either offline or online mode.
- VEE 2018 Application Form will be issued from the Last week of December 2017 till Last week of April 2018.
- Candidates can fill & submit the application form through online mode from the website.
- Candidates can download the form from the website & fill it. After form filling, candidates must send the filled application along with DD in the below address.
- Candidates can get the application via post by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with DD of Rs. 600. Candidates will also get the form from the Office of Vels University, Chennai. Candidates have to fill the application & send it along with Demand Draft of Rs. 300 in the below address.
- The application fee is 900for all categories.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- The fee can be paid through online (net banking/credit card/debit card) or offline (Demand Draft) mode.
- The DD will be deposited in favor of the “Register, Vels University” payable at Chennai’.
The eligibility criteria are given here:
- Apply Online for B.Tech from SRM University.
- Apply Online for B.Tech from Manipal University.
- Candidate must be citizen of India.
- Lower Age Limit:The lower age limit is 17 years.
- Upper Age Limit:The upper age limit should be 25 years.
For Engineering Course:
- Qualifying Exam:Applicant should pass 12th or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Subjects:Applicant must qualify the above examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Minimum Marks:Applicant must obtain minimum 50% marks in qualifying exam.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
For M.Tech Course:
- Qualifying Exam:Applicant must pass B.E/B.Tech degree from a recognized university.
For B.Pharma & Pharm.D Course:
- Qualifying Exam:Pass the 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Subjects:Applicants have to pass the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology/Botany & Zoology
For MBA Course:
- Qualifying Exam:Applicant must clear the Bachelor Degree under 10+2+3 from a recognized university.
- Minimum marks:Applicant have to secure at least 50% marks in the above examination.
For MCA Course:
- Qualifying Exam:Applicants must hold the Bachelor Degree with Mathematics at Degree level or at Intermediate level.
VEE Exam Pattern 2018
The exam pattern is given below:
- Exam Duration:The duration of the exam will be 1 hour 30 min.
- Type of Question:Objective type questions will be asked in the examination.
- of Questions:The question paper will be comprised of 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme:One mark will be allotted to the candidates for correct response.
The syllabus of engineering programme is consists of Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, General knowledge & Fundamentals of Computing. MBA Syllabus contain topics of Language comprehension, Analytical skill, Mathematical skill, Intelligence and critical reasoning & global Environment.
VEE 2018 Result
The Amrita University will announce the result of the engineering entrance examination on the official website. The candidates will be able to check it by clicking on the link here and entering the Registration Number and Date of Birth in the AEEE 2018 result portal.
The result will state the score and the merit of the candidate. The score will be determined as per the marking scheme of the examination, whereas, the merit will be calculated on the basis of the secured marks.
VEE 2018 Counselling
The counselling of AEEE 2018 will be held for the merit holders. In it, the seats will be allocated to them. For the counselling, the call letters will be published on the official website after the announcement of the result. In the letter, candidates will be informed about the counselling date, venue and other details. The seat allocation will be done in multiple rounds the counselling.
V. Vaithiyalingam Road,Pallavaram
Chennai – 600 117
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: + 91 – 44 – 2266 2500 / 2501 / 2502 / 2503
Admission Helpline: + 91 – 44 – 3362 4444
Fax: + 91 – 44 – 2266 2513