VIT University B.Arch Admission 2018
Established in 2010
VIT University was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis. The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe. Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students. The global standards set at VIT in the field of teaching and research spur us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence. In fact, it has become a way of life for us. The highly motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride. Our Memoranda of Understanding with various international universities are our major strength. They provide for an exchange of students and faculty and encourage joint research projects for the mutual benefit of these universities. Many of our students, who pursue their research projects in foreign universities, bring high quality to their work and esteem to India and have done us proud. With steady steps, we continue our march forward. We look forward to meeting you here at VIT.
Facilities & Infrastructure
VIT campus is spread across a vast area of 250 acres. A striking feature of VIT is the well- planned and comprehensive infrastructure provided for both students and faculty. Fully furnished and well-equipped labs decorate every building in the University with over 55 servers to manage all the data transmissions. Moreover, the university is blessed with ample features that support all kinds of events – Auditoriums, plush open spaces, outdoor stages and much more.
A striking feature of VIT is the well-planned and comprehensive infrastructure provided for both students and faculty. There are seven academic blocks in VIT which are extremely specialised in their own particular field, namely- MB, GDN, CDMM, SMV, CBMR, TT and SJT. The layout has been excellently planned to make the maximum utilisation of the 250 acre campus. The idea behind these separate blocks is to make every block equipped with the necessary amenities whilst providing the perfect atmosphere for both studies and research.
23 hostels are located in VIT campus. There are 17 Men’s Hostels, which accommodate 13000 students in single, double, Three, four bedded and six bedded rooms. A gym facility is also attached with a well maintained swimming pool. The 6 Women’s Hostels have room for 4300 students. Women students have access to gym facilities and a newly built swimming pool inside one of these hostel premises. Individual metering service for those who want A/C facilities is also provided. Optional washing services are provided in well maintained separate washing areas.
A spacious Visitors’ Lounge has recently been added for the benefit of visiting parents/guardians, supplementing the residential guest house facilities available. The spotlessly maintained and spacious vegetarian and non-vegetarian dining halls in the hostels serve wholesome, nutritious food with the help of a unique steam cooking facility. Foreign students can also choose from a limited list of special food items. A Chinese mess is functioning separately.
For those who want a change, a variety of hygienic food facilities are available on campus. A popular eating spot is the 600 square meters Food Court, that serves delicious non-vegetarian and vegetarian food at reasonable prices. Fast food outlets are also attached to both the Men’s and Women’s Hostels.
(c) Other Facilities
- Library stocked with technical books and journals
- Smart classrooms with LCD projectors
- State-of-art laboratory with trained technical staff
- Transportation facility available
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Outdoor sports facility include track and field, badminton, ball badminton, basketball, cricket, cricket practice net, handball, tennis, throw ball, volleyball and indoor sports facility include gymnasium, chess, carrom, table tennis, weight lifting
- Secured the 8th National position (India Today 2010) among the Engineering Institutions in India
- First educational institution to be honoured with the TVN-KIDAO-NIQR award instituted by the National Institute of Quality and Reliability (NIQR),for maintaining exceptional quality
- First educational institution in India to be awarded International Organization for Standardization 9002 certificate for three years by the Det Norske Veritas (DNV) of Netherlands for management of the cultural festival ‘Riviera’ in 2011
- B.Arch – Architecture
Why Join VIT University
- Placement provided with reputed companies
- Deemed University and UGC recognized
- Accredited by NAAC
- MoU’s with various international universities for exchange programs and joint research projects
- Members with professional bodies like IEEE, ISE, CSI, ACM, etc.
VIT University B.Arch Fees Structure 2018 Call 9533390009
In order to be qualified for admission to different school/ college of architecture in India that accept NATA score, the Eligibility criteria of NATA 2017 requires that candidates should have at least 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with mathematics as one of the subject. Also, for applying to first year of 5-year B.Arch. Degree Course, candidates must have 40% score in NATA, i.e. at least 80/200.
About the NATA Entrance Exam:
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture or NATA 2018 will be conducted by Council of Architecture (COA) for admission to 5-year B.Arch. degree course across all universities and colleges in the country. NATA 2018 will be organised tentatively in the month of June to test the mathematical, general aptitude and drawing skills of Architecture aspirants. The admission procedure of NATA 2018 strictly adheres to the eligibility criteria as prescribed by COA and approved by Central Government, which is mandatory for candidates to follow before applying for the exam. Candidates will have to fill the application form of NATA 2018 to appear in the exam that will be tentatively available from the first week of January 2018. In the application form of NATA 2018, candidates will have to provide their personal details which includes their name, contact number, address etc. and their academic details like educational qualification, class X and XII scores etc. It should be noted that candidates will have to submit the NATA 2018 application form along with an application fee of Rs 1250 irrespective of category and gender in online mode.
NATA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of NATA 2018 will help the candidates keep a track of all the important events related to the exam. Candidates can check all the important dates of NATA 2018 from the table given below.
NATA 2018 Important Dates
|1||Start date of NATA 2018 Application Form online||First week of January 2018|
|2||End date of NATA 2018 Application Form online||Second week of February 2018|
|3||End date of uploading of image||Second week of February 2018|
|4||End date of fee payment||Second week of February 2018|
|5||End date of Confirmation Page printing||Fourth week of February 2018|
|6||Date for candidate correction window along with uploading of correct testimonials||Fourth week of February 2018|
|7||Availability of NATA 2018 Admit Card||Fourth week of March 2018|
|8||NATA 2018||Third week of April 2018|
|9||Availability of NATA 2018 OMR Sheets||Third week of May 2018|
|10||Availability of NATA 2018 Answer Key||Third week of May 2018|
|11||NATA Result 2018||First week of June 2018|
NATA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates planning to appear in NATA 2018 are required to check the eligibility criteria of the exam before applying for it. The eligibility criteria of NATA 2018 includes age limit, qualifying exam and marks etc. If a candidate is found not adhering to NATA 2018 eligibility criteria, then the application form of such a candidate will not be accepted.
The parameters for NATA eligibility criteria 2018 are:
Candidates appearing in NATA 2018 should have attained 17 years of age as on July 31, 2018.
Note: During any stage of NATA examination or admission, if a candidate is found under age i.e. below 17 years on the above mentioned date or otherwise ineligible, then his or her NATA 2018 score will become void.
- NATA 2018 aspirants must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects. This applies to candidates appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination in 2018.
- Candidates who have passed or appearing for 10+3 Diploma from any stream recognized by Central/ State Govts with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects.
- Candidates who have passed or appeared in International Baccalaureate Diploma after 10 years of Schooling with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
Qualifying Exam Marks:
Candidates need to have minimum marks in their respective qualifying exams to be eligible for NATA 2018.
- It is mandatory for candidates to have secured 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Candidates pursuing or have completed 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Govts need 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics to be NATA 2018 eligible.
- Candidates appearing or have cleared International Baccalaureate Diploma after 10 years of Schooling with 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination need 50% marks in aggregate with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
Number of Attempts:
The scores of NATA 2018 will be taken into consideration only for admission to B.Arch. course in 2018-19.
B.Arch. Admission 2018
- Candidates can get admission to B.Arch. course by qualifying a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2018 or have qualified in NATA 2017.
- Candidates should note that qualifying NATA 2018 exam does not constitute a right or guarantee in favour of the candidate for his or her admission to any Architecture course unless he or she has prescribed requirements as specified by respective counselling and admission authorities.
- It is also important to note that no direct lateral admission or entry is allowed at any year/ stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification.
NATA Application Form 2018
- The authorities of the entrance exam will release the NATA 2018 application form for the candidates in online mode. Candidates will have to register themselves before filling the application form of NATA 2018 because without registration, candidates will not be able to fill the application form.
- After submitting all the necessary details in the application form, candidates will have to upload the image and documents required and pay the application fees.
- Once the payment is done, candidates will have to download the application form of NATA 2018 and take a printout of the confirmation page of the submitted form.
NATA 2018 Application Fees
- For candidates appearing for NATA 2018 in India, the application fees is Rs 1250 + processing charges.
- For candidates appearing for NATA 2018 in Dubai, the application fees is Rs 1250 + Rs 7000.
Mode of Application Fee for NATA 2018
Candidates can make the payment of application fees through Electronic Payment Gateway (EPG) via Net-banking, Credit Card or Debit Card.
Charges for application fee payment
- Domestic Credit Card: 1.25% of the NATA fee + service tax as applicable.
- Domestic Debit Card: 0.75% of the NATA fee + service tax as applicable.
- Domestic Multiple Bank Net Banking Payment Gateway: Rs 15 for each transaction.
- PAN India ICICI Branches collection in cash (through challan): Rs. 30 per transaction.
NATA Exam Centres 2018
The centres prescribed by the exam conducting body where candidates will have to visit to be able to appear in the entrance exam will be the exam centres of NATA 2018. Candidates will have to choose from the prescribed list of NATA exam centres 2018 according to their preference and fill in the application form of NATA 2018. The admit card of NATA 2018 will have the name and complete address of the allotted NATA exam centre 2018. It is advisable for candidates to visit the allotted exam centre of NATA 2018 a day or two before the exam, to avoid hassle and last minute delays. NATA 2018 will be conducted at 70 exam centres – 69 in India and 1 will be outside the country.
NATA Exam Pattern 2018
Candidates of NATA 2018 are advised to follow the exam pattern to appear well prepared and confident for the same. The exam pattern of NATA 2018 informs about the type, number, pattern and marking scheme of the question paper.
- The question paper of NATA 2018 will be divided into 2 sections – one includes Mathematics and General Aptitude and second includes Drawing.
- The entrance exam of NATA 2018 will be held in offline mode for 3 hours (180 minutes). The first 90 minutes would be for Mathematics and General Aptitude and remaining 90 minutes for Drawing.
- The Mathematics will have 20 questions and General Aptitude will have 40 questions. The Drawing section will have 2 questions of 40 marks each.
- NATA 2018 will not have negative marking.
NATA Syllabus 2018
The syllabus of NATA 2018 has been prescribed by Council of Architecture for candidates who will appear in the exam. NATA 2018 syllabus includes topics and chapters from which the question paper of the exam will be made. NATA syllabus 2018 has been given in brief below:
NATA 2018 Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Complex Numbers
- Binomial Theorem (Positive Integral Index)
- Quadratic equations
NATA 2018 Syllabus for General Aptitude:
- Visualising different sides of 3D objects
- Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment
NATA 2018 Syllabus for Drawing Test:
- Conceptualization and visualisation
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract
NATA Sample Papers 2018
The sample papers of NATA 2018 will help the candidates have an idea about the type, pattern and number of questions that will be asked in the exam. Candidates are required to refer to NATA 2018 sample papers to be familiar with the topics and chapters that will be covered in entrance exam. This way they will help themselves feel prepared and fearless to face the question paper. NATA sample papers 2018 will also help candidates by bringing in their shortcomings in front of them and increasing their speed, efficiency and time management skills. It is advised that candidates must practice NATA 2018 sample papers in abundance before appearing in the exam.
NATA Admit Card 2018
The admit card of NATA 2018 will be released by the authorities in online mode only for those candidates whose application form will be submitted successfully. NATA admit card 2018 will have the following things mentioned over it – candidates’ name, roll number, exam name, date, time, allotted centre with complete address, photograph and signature. It is advised that candidates check all the details carefully before downloading the admit card and take a print out of the same. In case of any discrepancies, candidates must immediately contact the concerned authorities and get it rectified before appearing in the exam. Candidates must retain the admit card of NATA 2018 till the admission procedure gets over.
NATA Answer Key 2018
The Council of Architecture will publish the answer key of NATA 2018 for all candidates who appeared in the exam. NATA 2018 answer key will be released for candidates to verify their answers they have written in the exam with the ones provided by the experts in the official answer key. This verification of answers will help the candidates to calculate their scores in the entrance exam. Candidates will also be able to estimate their ranks using NATA answer key 2018 and hence foresee their chances of admission. If not satisfied with the responses given in NATA 2018 answer key, candidates can claim correction from the authorities within the stipulated time period.
NATA Cutoff 2018
The cutoff of NATA 2018 will not be provided by Council of Architecture officially because every institute offering B.Arch. Programme and admission on the basis of NATA scores releases its own cutoff for candidates. NATA 2018 cutoff will be basically the minimum marks required for admission in that particular institute and therefore it varies from institute to institute depending on certain factors like number of seats in the institute, difficulty level of the exam, previous year’s cutoff trends etc. Candidate, if scores less than NATA cutoff 2018 in the entrance exam will be denied admission in the institute to their B.Arch. Programme.
NATA Result 2018
For candidates who will appear in NATA 2018 exam, the result will be announced by Council of Architecture (COA) in three formats:
- Marks obtained out of 200 and in each component.
- Merit listing – unique based on marks and tie breaking rules.
- Percentile score based on the merit listing.
Candidates will be considered as qualified for NATA 2018 only if he or she fulfills all three conditions mentioned below:
- Minimum 25% must be secured in MCQ portion (30 out of 120)
- Minimum 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
Note: An attempt will be made to normalize scores (with respect to NATA 2018) the scores of NATA 2017 qualified candidates seeking admission in the session 2018-19 in order to specify their position in order of merit for counselling purposes. Such guidelines would be based on statistical analysis and the Council’s decision would be final in this regard.
NATA Score Card 2018
After checking the NATA 2018 result, candidates will be able to download the score card of the exam. The exam conducting body of NATA will not dispatch the score card of NATA 2018 by any means except online. Candidates are required to take a print out of their NATA result or score card as it will be required during admissions to apply for various B.Arch programmes offered by the various universities and colleges. Candidates will be able to download their NATA score card 2018 from this page as and when it will be released.
NATA Counselling 2018
There is no common counselling for NATA 2018 for the qualified candidates of the exam, however, most states and universities will conduct their own NATA 2018 counselling for admission to their B.Arch course. Candidates will have to apply to their preferred college to attend the counselling of NATA 2018 and take the admission procedure further.
NATA Participating Institutes 2018
The engineering colleges and institutes offering admission to candidates on the basis of their NATA scores are called as the participating institutes. These institutes offer B.Arch. Programme.
The scores of NATA 2018 will be accepted by the institutes mentioned in the table below.
NATA 2018 Participating Institutes
|1||School of Architecture, CSI Institute of Technology, Andhra Pradesh|
|2||Guwahati College of Architecture, Assam|
|3||Angel Valley School of Architecture, Chhattisgarh|
|4||Faculty of Architecture, College of Engineering, Andhra Pradesh|
|5||Institute of Architecture, Gujarat|
|6||Dignity College of Architecture, Chhattisgarh|
|7||S.A.R. College of Architecture, Andhra Pradesh|
|8||College of Architecture, Vastu Kala Academy, New Delhi|
|9||College of Architecture, Holy Mary Institute of Technology & Sciences, Andhra Pradesh|
|10||Sri Venkateswara College of Architecture, Hyderabad|
VIT University Chennai