VIT University Admission 2018
Established in 2010
VIT University was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis. The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe. Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students. The global standards set at VIT in the field of teaching and research spur us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence. In fact, it has become a way of life for us. The highly motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride. Our Memoranda of Understanding with various international universities are our major strength. They provide for an exchange of students and faculty and encourage joint research projects for the mutual benefit of these universities. Many of our students, who pursue their research projects in foreign universities, bring high quality to their work and esteem to India and have done us proud. With steady steps, we continue our march forward. We look forward to meeting you here at VIT.
Facilities & Infrastructure
VIT campus is spread across a vast area of 250 acres. A striking feature of VIT is the well- planned and comprehensive infrastructure provided for both students and faculty. Fully furnished and well-equipped labs decorate every building in the University with over 55 servers to manage all the data transmissions. Moreover, the university is blessed with ample features that support all kinds of events – Auditoriums, plush open spaces, outdoor stages and much more.
A striking feature of VIT is the well-planned and comprehensive infrastructure provided for both students and faculty. There are seven academic blocks in VIT which are extremely specialised in their own particular field, namely- MB, GDN, CDMM, SMV, CBMR, TT and SJT. The layout has been excellently planned to make the maximum utilisation of the 250 acre campus. The idea behind these separate blocks is to make every block equipped with the necessary amenities whilst providing the perfect atmosphere for both studies and research.
23 hostels are located in VIT campus. There are 17 Men’s Hostels, which accommodate 13000 students in single, double, Three, four bedded and six bedded rooms. A gym facility is also attached with a well maintained swimming pool. The 6 Women’s Hostels have room for 4300 students. Women students have access to gym facilities and a newly built swimming pool inside one of these hostel premises. Individual metering service for those who want A/C facilities is also provided. Optional washing services are provided in well maintained separate washing areas.
A spacious Visitors’ Lounge has recently been added for the benefit of visiting parents/guardians, supplementing the residential guest house facilities available. The spotlessly maintained and spacious vegetarian and non-vegetarian dining halls in the hostels serve wholesome, nutritious food with the help of a unique steam cooking facility. Foreign students can also choose from a limited list of special food items. A Chinese mess is functioning separately.
For those who want a change, a variety of hygienic food facilities are available on campus. A popular eating spot is the 600 square meters Food Court, that serves delicious non-vegetarian and vegetarian food at reasonable prices. Fast food outlets are also attached to both the Men’s and Women’s Hostels.
(c) Other Facilities
- Library stocked with technical books and journals
- Smart classrooms with LCD projectors
- State-of-art laboratory with trained technical staff
- Transportation facility available
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Outdoor sports facility include track and field, badminton, ball badminton, basketball, cricket, cricket practice net, handball, tennis, throw ball, volleyball and indoor sports facility include gymnasium, chess, carrom, table tennis, weight lifting
- Secured the 8th National position (India Today 2010) among the Engineering Institutions in India
- First educational institution to be honoured with the TVN-KIDAO-NIQR award instituted by the National Institute of Quality and Reliability (NIQR),for maintaining exceptional quality
- First educational institution in India to be awarded International Organization for Standardization 9002 certificate for three years by the Det Norske Veritas (DNV) of Netherlands for management of the cultural festival ‘Riviera’ in 2011
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech + M.Tech in Software Engineering, 5 Years
- Information Technology
- Master of Computer Applications, 3 Years
Why Join VIT University
- Placement provided with reputed companies
- Deemed University and UGC recognized
- Accredited by NAAC
- MoU’s with various international universities for exchange programs and joint research projects
- Members with professional bodies like IEEE, ISE, CSI, ACM, etc.
VIT University Fees Structure 2018
- Consistent placement records for several years among private institutions in India
- Dream offer option allows already placed students to get one more offer from a core company or a software company that offered a better package/profile
- Companies like Flipkart, Intel, Amazon, Akamai, Cisco, De Shaw, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle, Google, KLA Tencor, Dolcera recruited students through the “Dream Offer” with packages of more than Rs.7,00,000 per annum
- VIT organizes campus recruitment for VIT Chinese and other foreign students with companies like Cognizant, TCS, HSBC, KPIT Cummins, Murugappa etc., who have recruited these students for their Chinese operations
- Prepare students to face campus interviews by arranging training in aptitude tests, group discussions, preparing for technical and HR interviews through professional trainers and VIT alumni
VIT University Entrance Exam
About The Exam:
The offline application form of VITEEE 2018 is now available at the various designated post offices and VIT campuses. Online applications have already started from November 1, 2017. The last date to submit both online and offline application form of VITEEE 2018 is February 28, 2018. Candidates can now fill and submit VITEEE 2018 application form to be registered for the entrance examination. VIT University will conduct VITEEE 2018 online from April 4 to April 15, 2018. The entrance exam will be held for admissions to the 20 B.Tech programmes offered at the VIT campuses located in Vellore, Chennai, Amaravati and Bhopal. Since VITEEE 2018 is online, candidates have to book their test slots in order to download their admit card. Slot booking will be opened tentatively in the third week of March 2018. VITEEE 2018 will be held across multiple sessions across 124 exam cities including India and abroad.
What’s New in VITEEE 2018?
- The fee for offline application form of VITEEE 2018 has been increased to Rs. 1200 (inclusive of GST) from Rs. 990 and VITEEE 2018 application fee for online application form has been increased to Rs. 1150 (inclusive of GST) from Rs. 970.
- VITEEE 2018 will be held in test centres across 124 cities in India and abroad. Last year, VITEEE was held in exam centres across 119 cities of India and abroad. Qatar has been added as new exam city outside India for 2018-19, along with Dubai, Kuwait and Muscat where the exam was held last year too.
- The offline application form of VITEEE 2018 is now available in the four VIT University campuses.
VITEEE Important Dates 2018
|1.||Release of the VITEEE Information Brochure||November 1, 2017|
|2.||Issue of Online VITEEE Application form 2018||November 1, 2017|
|5.||Availability of Offline VITEEE 2018 application form||November 9, 2017|
|6.||End date for Submission of VITEEE offline and online application form||February 28, 2018|
|7.||Slot booking for VITEEE 2018||Third week of March 2018 (Tentative)|
|8.||Downloading of the VITEEE 2018 Admit card||Third week to last week of March 2018 (Tentative)|
|9.||Test Dates||April 4 to April 15, 2018
Session I – 9 AM to 11:30 AM
Session II – 12:30 PM to 3 PM
Session III – 4 PM to 6:30 PM
|10,||VITEEE Result 2018||April 25, 2018 (Tentative)|
|11.||VITEEE Counselling 2018 – Round 1||Second week of May 2018 (Tentative)|
|12.||VITEEE Counselling 2018- Round 2||Third week of May 2018 (Tentative)|
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2018
To appear for VITEEE 2018, candidates need to fulfil certain academic criteria, age criteria etc which have been summed up below. Candidates can go through the given VITEEE 2018 eligibility criteria before filling the application forms.
VITEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
· Non-Resident Indian
· Person of Indian Origin
· OCI Holder
|2.||Age||Born on or after July 1, 1996|
|3.||Qualifying Exam||· Candidates who are appearing or have passed the 10+2 higher secondary exam which is conducted by ISC, CBSE, any State board
· Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
· High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
· General Certificate Education (G C E) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
· NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply
|4.||Qualifying marks||· General Category- Candidates should have scored an aggregate of 60% in Maths, Physics and Chemistry in 10+2
· SC, ST, J&K, North Eastern states- Candidates should have scored an average 50% marks in Physics, Maths and Chemistry in 10+2 or its equivalent exam
VITEEE Application Form 2018
The application form of VITEEE 2018 is now available in online and offline mode. Candidates can check the procedure of filling the application form of VITEEE 2018 below.
What to keep ready before filling the VITEEE 2018 application form?
Candidates need to keep ready the scanned copies of the passport size photograph and signature which has to be uploaded in the space that is provided on the online VITEEE application form.
List of Documents with specifications
|1.||Passport size colour photograph||3.5 x 4.5 cm
10 kb-200 kb
|2.||Signature||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm
Online Application Form of VITEEE 2018 – Candidates can now register to fill the VITEEE application form of 2018 by entering their name, nationality, date of birth, e-mail address and mobile number. A password will be generated and candidates can log in and fill the other details in the application form. VITEEE 2018 online application fees have to be paid either through net banking, debit card, credit card. Candidates have to pay Rs. 1150 (inclusive of GST) for online VITEEE 2018 application form.
Offline application form of VITEEE 2018-
- Candidates can get the VITEEE application form in person form the Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal or Amaravati campus through a demand draft of Rs 1200 (inclusive of GST) in favour of “VIT University” payable at Vellore
- They can also get the VITEEE application form from the designated post offices by paying Rs 1200 in cash.
- Candidates must fill the OMR application form carefully and sent it in the envelope that is provided.
- They must affix a photograph as specified in the application form and sign at the designated place. The signature of the parent or guardian is also mandatory.
- The filled up VITEEE application should be sent either through registered post or speed post. Candidates will receive an SMS about the receipt of the application form of VITEEE.
VITEEE Exam Centres 2018
Candidates must choose the exam centre of their choice while filling in the application form. VITEEE 2018 will be held in exam centres in 124 cities across India. Outside India, VITEEE 2018 will be held in test centres across Dubai, Kuwait, Muscat and Qatar. Candidates, however, will have a choice to confirm their VITEEE 2018 exam centres while booking their slots for the test. Since the slot booking is in real-time, candidates have to check whether the exam centre for VITEEE 2018 is available or not. Candidates can select at least two test centres for VITEEE 2018 entrance exam while filling the application form.
VITEEE Slot Booking 2018
The slot booking for VITEEE 2018 will be opened tentatively in the third week of March 2018 where candidates will have to book a slot on the date and time of their convenience. VITEEE 2018 slot booking will be on a first come first serve basis and has to be completed before candidates can download their admit card. Slot booking of VITEEE 2018 is on a real-time basis.
Procedure for VITEEE Slot Booking 2018
- Candidates have to log in to be able to book their VITEEE 2018 test slots.
- After logging in they must choose the date as well as time in addition to the exam centre where they wish to appear for the test.
- Since the VITEEE 2018 slot booking is on a real-time basis, candidates will have a fixed time frame within which they can book a test slot of their convenience.
- While booking the slot of VITEEE 2018, candidates will be able to know the details and address of the exam centre where they wish to appear for the exam.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card only if they book the slot as the address and test slot details will be mentioned on the same.
- In case of non-booking of slot, the slot will be booked automatically by the University on the basis of the information provided in the application form.
VITEEE Admit Card 2018
Once the candidates have booked their slots, an electronic admit card of VITEEE 2018 will be generated. Candidates must take a printout of the same on A4 size only and carry it to the exam centre on the date of the exam. The VITEEE admit card 2018 will display the photograph of the student along with the admit card number, test centre details as well as the exam schedule. Candidates must check that all the information that is mentioned on the VITEEE admit card is correct. If there is any discrepancy, then it should be brought to the notice of the VIT University at the earliest VITEEE admit card will also be sent through e-mail to the candidates. Candidates must ensure that they carry with them the admit card on the day of the exam and it should be in good condition and not mutilated. A photocopy of the filled application form along with any one of the following identification proof also has to be brought along to the exam centre:
- School of College Photo ID Card
- 12th standard board exam hall ticket/admit card with photo
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
How to Prepare for VITEEE 2018?
Prior to preparation for VITEEE, it is imperative that candidates have a good knowledge of what to study, what questions to expect and practice as far as possible. This can be possible by checking and understanding the exam pattern, knowing the syllabus and practising with previous year question papers.
VITEEE Exam Pattern 2018
The exam pattern of VITEEE 2018 will allow candidates to know the type of question to expect, duration of the exam, marking scheme and more. Preparation for the exam can be built and honed with this knowledge.
- Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from the prescribed syllabus
- Candidates will also be tested in their grasp of English.
- The exam will be held in 2.30 hours
- Total number of questions asked will be 125
- There is no negative marking for the entrance test.
Number of Questions & Marking scheme of VITEEE 2018
|S. No||Sections||Total Number of questions||Marks per questions||Total Marks|
VITEEE Syllabus 2018
Candidates can prepare well for each of the sections like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English by going through the syllabus of VITEEE 2018 which will give details of the topics and sub-topics to be covered. Questions asked in the exam will be from the prescribed VITEEE syllabus which has been announced by the University. Candidates are advised to check the detailed syllabus before starting their preparation. The syllabus is segregate subject wise and topic wise. The VITEEE 2018 Syllabus primarily covers the 10+2 syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.Candidates are advised to match this up with their class XII syllabus so that they can combine and prepare themselves for both.
VITEEE Sample papers 2018
In order to practice well for the VITEEE 2018, sample papers have been made available for the aspiring candidates so that they can practise from them. The objective to provide the sample papers of VITEEE 2018 is to help the candidates understand the type of questions that are likely to be asked in VITEEE 2018. Candidates can also hone their time management skills as well as build an exam strategy to be used on the day of the exam.
VITEEE Answer Key 2018
The answer key of VITEEE 2018 will contain the correct responses to the questions asked in the exam. However, VIT University does not release the VITEEE 2018 Answer Key. In case the University decides to publish the answer key, it will be provided on our website. If the VITEEE 2018 answer key is provided by any coaching institute, then it will be also be made available for candidates to enable them to compare their answers and estimate their scores.
VITEEE Rank Predictor 2018
Candidates can know their probable rank with the help of the rank predictor tool of VITEEE 2018. They can just log in using their Careers360 or FB or Google accounts and enter their expected marks in the VITEEE 2018 exam. The VITEEE rank predictor tool will display their probable rank allowing candidates to now their chances of admissions.
VITEEE Cutoff 2018
The cutoff of VITEEE 2018 is the minimum qualifying marks which the candidate is required to score to be eligible for admission in the various B.Tech programmes that are being offered. However, the details of the cutoff scores are generally not announced by the university. Candidates can avail the VITEEE 2018 cutoff as soon as VIT University announces the same.
VITEEE Result 2018 & Rank List
The result of VITEEE 2018 will be declared tentatively on April 25, 2018 in the online mode. Candidates can check the VITEEE result by entering their application number and password. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in VITEEE 2018. The equating methodology propagated by the University will be adopted while preparing the VITEEE merit list. Candidates will be informed about the rank secured by them through an SMS.
VITEEE Counselling 2018
The counselling for VITEEE 2018 will take place in two phases for those candidates who have cleared the VITEEE 2018 exam. Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the rank secured by them in the VITEEE entrance exam. It is imperative for the candidates to attend the counselling in person. Candidates will be informed about the counselling schedule through sms and email. The number of seats available for each branch at different participating institutes will be displayed at the counselling centre. Accordingly, candidates can make an appropriate choice. Failure of the candidates to attend the counselling on the allotted date and time will result in the cancellation of his candidature. Shortlisted candidates will be able to participate in counselling only after the verification of their documents. Candidates will have to bring with them the specified documents in original along with two sets of photocopies at the time of counselling. Payment of the part fees of Rs 50,000 has to be done by demand draft drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’payable at Vellore.
VIT University Chennai
- Kelambakkam,Tamil Nadu
- Estd :2010
- E-mail :email@example.com
- Contact :044-39931555