VSB Engineering college Admission 2019
V.S.B. Educational Trust was founded in the year 2000 by Mr. V.S. Balsamy, the founder and correspondent of the V.S.B. Engineering College. With an interest in promoting, managing and administrating educational institutions with high academic standards, discipline and to take up and help other allied activities in the field of education. Under the Trust, V.S.B. Engineering College was established in the year 2002 and V.S.B College of Engineering Technical Campus in the year 2012. The Trust comprises the following Trustees.
- Campus spread across 50 acres of land with 4,50,000 sq.ft. of built-up area
- WI-FI enabled campus
- Smart Classrooms equipped with smart podium with a touch panel control system, PC and laptop connection, document camera, DVD/VCR Player, projector, and screen and OHD projector
- Separate and specialized labs at each department
- OPAC automated library stacked with books, national journals and a digital library with collection of 886 online journals, database like Science Direct, IEEE, ACME, ASME, JGate, Springer, Emerald, ASTM and NPTEL Video
- Auditorium equipped with the latest LCD Projectors, Surround sound systems, etc. with a seating capacity of 1200, to conduct academic and non-academic activities
- Canteen facilities at nominal rates
- Dispensary and a doctor on call 24X7 to attend to any kind of medical emergency
- Transport facilities to various places all around the city and nearby places
- Communication Skills Lab
- Conference room with video conferencing facilities
- ATM centre of the Axis Bank
NAAC GRADE :
The NAAC Peer team visit is scheduled for 24th,25th and 26th Oct’2016 for accreditation of our institution.
Secured the 4th and 6th rank in the Academic Ranking of Anna University among the 550 Engineering Colleges in Tamilnadu state in Nov-Dec 2012 & 2013 respectively.
- B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E. in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E. (Lateral entry), 3 Years
- B.Tech in Information Technology (Lateral entry), 3 Years
- Active training and placement cell which establishes cordial relationship with the industries and invites them for campus recruitment drives, organizing technical seminars, workshops and other technical sessions to make students employable
- Provides guest lecture by suitable corporate representatives and training sessions
- Helps every student to define his/ her career interest through individual expert counselling
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell to promote entrepreneurship skills in students, arrange in-plant training in core subject and conducts seminars and guest lectures by industrialists
- Placement stats 2013-14:
|Branch||Avg salary in Lakhs|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||2|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||2.5|
|Master of Business Administration||2|
|Master of Computer Application||2|
|M.E. Computer Science and Engineering||2.6|
Why join VSB Engineering College
- Placement assistance provided
- Achieved 10th rank in survey 2014 conducted by Competition Success Review – Global Human Resource Development Centre (CSR-GHRDC)
- Top result consistency of 91.59% (Overall result) as published by Anna University on 04/07/2015
- Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and approved by AICTE
- ISO 9001:2008 certified institute
- NBA accreditation for UG CSE, ECE and ME
- MOU’s with industries and consultancies to promote collaborative research
- Accredited by TCS and Associated with HCL Technologies
VSB Engineering College Fees Structure 2019
Eligibility for I Year B.E. programmes
- A pass in HSE (academic stream) /CBSE/Pre-degree/Plus 2 equivalent school study with minimum eligibility in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry (Or)
- Pass in HSC (vocational stream) with Engineering / Technology as vocational subjects and any 1 or 2 of the related subjects like Maths, Physics, Chemistry (Or)
- Any equivalent qualification approved and recognised by the State Board of Technical Education and Training / Higher Secondary Board of Tamil Nadu and Universities in Tamil Nadu.
VSB Engineering College Entrance exam
Institute admits students in its undergraduate BE/ B.Tech programs through TNEA
About the Exam:
Anna University will conduct TNEA 2018 counselling for admission to UG engineering programmes at participating universities tentatively in last week of June. Admission to engineering programmes will be based on marks obtained by candidates in PCM in the qualifying examination. No separate entrance exam will be held. To account for variations in difficulty level of different state boards to that of the State Board of Tamil Nadu, the marks obtained by other state candidates will be normalized. Additionally, the total marks will be reduced to 200 (from 300) for preparing the merit list. Candidates who meet the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will be called for counselling round. Counselling of TNEA will be single window process.
TNEA Important Dates 2019
The important dates of TNEA 2019 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2018 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2019
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2019|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2019|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2019|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2019|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2019|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2019|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2019. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2019 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2019
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2019, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2019 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2019
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2019 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2019
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2019 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2019 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2019, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2019)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2019
The TNEA 2019 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2019 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2019, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2019 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2019 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2019
The counselling of TNEA 2019 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2019 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2019 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2019
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2019 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2019 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
NH – 67 Covai Road,
Tamil Nadu, India- 639111